jasonjm

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Type-R
Country flag
this is the reason why I haven't pulled the trigger on the HKS. A little too much chrome showing around the tips from straight back.
I’m with you but at wot it sounds very good, more JDM sounding than others and it looks good in person. Most of the time your not eye level with the chrome and you don’t notice it that much at all.

02SilverSiHB

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 FK8
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I’m with you but at wot it sounds very good, more JDM sounding than others and it looks good in person. Most of the time your not eye level with the chrome and you don’t notice it that much at all.
For me I love that chrome muffler lol...but yeah, you never see it unless you get down on the ground really

VinRRR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
R16017
Country flag
It’s very eye level if you drive behind the car. The shiny chrome is in your face, especially at night lol.

@davemarco if you consider getting rid of the Remus, let me know. I’m thinking of switching up.

davemarco

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Type R (CBP), 2013 Audi TTRS
Country flag
It’s very eye level if you drive behind the car. The shiny chrome is in your face, especially at night lol.

@davemarco if you consider getting rid of the Remus, let me know. I’m thinking of switching up.
Sure, I'll keep you in mind. Where in NY are you located? If I end up selling it and you're close, maybe we can save everyone $$$ and hassle on shipping.

For the moment though, it's still on the car, waking up my neighborhood, lol.

NarsBaller

First Name
Japs
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Type R FK8
Country flag
I am torn between this and AWE touring. The HKS is almost half the price of AWE atleast here in Australia.

Last edited:

NarsBaller

First Name
Japs
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Type R FK8
Country flag
Go with HKS IMO! Especially when it’s half the price!
$3200 AUD - AWE
$1700 AUD - HKS

I am actually 60/40 now in favor of HKS. Might just use the spare money for other upgrades.

Lust

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Champ White Type R
Country flag
$3200 AUD - AWE
$1700 AUD - HKS

I am actually 60/40 now in favor of HKS. Might just use the spare money for other upgrades.
Go with the HKS. Welds on the AWE are ugly and so is the muffler. Legamax also sounds better IMO.

tinyman392

First Name
Marcus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Civic Type R (RR)
Country flag
$3200 AUD - AWE
$1700 AUD - HKS

So the HKS (after doing currency conversion) is about the price you'd actually get it new here in the US. The AWE is about 700 USD (1000 AUD) more expensive than it would be in the US, so that AWE is quite pricey with the Australian tax added to it.

That said, the AWE is a loud, aggressive sounding exhaust while the HKS is going to be on the tamer side of things with a cleaner, simpler sound to it.

I personally would go HKS (but I'm also biased towards wanting a tamer exhaust that's easier to live with).

02SilverSiHB

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 FK8
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I am torn between this and and AWE touring. The HKS is almost half the price of AWE atleast here in Australia.
Something must have been wrong with the awe exhaust and owners didn't admit why. I saw a few sell it right after they had it

tinyman392

First Name
Marcus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Civic Type R (RR)
Country flag
Something must have been wrong with the awe exhaust and owners didn't admit why. I saw a few sell it right after they had it
A lot of people found the loudness/aggression of the exhaust (even the touring) annoying.
Sponsored