Vehicle(s)
'18 Civic Type R (RR)
Country flag
PRL specs:
26.5 x 3.5 x 7.25"
"3 horsepower & 11 ft/lb torque gains by simply bolting on "

PERRIN specs:
26"x 3.15"x 8.5"
"Adds 15-20ft-lbs of tq and 15-20whp. This part will give you straight bolt on power. No specific tuning is required.."
I do not remember if the Perrin intercooler required you to mod your ACT sensor to get that power, there's a whole thread on the subject. If it does that mod itself I think netted you like 10 HP.

Edit: IAT -> ACT and a few words.
Sponsored

Last edited:

BoostedDreams

First Name
Heisenburg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Type R, 2006 Mazda 6
Country flag
I do not remember if the Perrin intercooler required you to mod your IAT sensor, there's a whole thread on the subject. If it does that mod itself I think netted you like 10 HP.
You mean the ACT sensor ? Good question

BoostedDreams

First Name
Heisenburg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Yes, I did mean ACT sensor, my bad.
I would probably do this mod with either intercooler, even the stock one maybe? Im reading people that upgraded their intercoolers didn't notice a IAT drop until they did this. Pretty cool info.

tinyman392

First Name
Marcus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Civic Type R (RR)
Country flag
I would probably do this mod with either intercooler, even the stock one maybe? Im reading people that upgraded their intercoolers didn't notice a IAT drop until they did this. Pretty cool info.
The mod is cheap easy power to be honest. I made some posts in the thread questioning whether Honda already tuned the ECU to deal with the readings the unmodded ACT was giving. But it was a very interesting thing nonetheless.

BoostedDreams

First Name
Heisenburg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
The mod is cheap easy power to be honest. I made some posts in the thread questioning whether Honda already tuned the ECU to deal with the readings the unmodded ACT was giving. But it was a very interesting thing nonetheless.
Just read through 13 pages of it. Im convinced its worthy after seeing the data logs posted. I am going to do it tomorrow as my first mod.

Sirhardhatjack

First Name
Akuma
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic hatchback
Country flag
email [email protected] with the info, thanks!

Great Pics Guys! Thank you! You can also reach out to our vendors for pricing as many of them have them in stock as well as ourselves.
[/QUOTE
MR PRL VENDOR IS THE INTERCOOLER INTERCHANGEABLE WITH THE F7 "non ;Type R hatch VS the Fullblown F8 TYPE R I SAY YES IM NOT A EXPERT THOUGH

Lust

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Champ White Type R
Country flag
In my opinion the best intercoolers available are

HKS
GReddy
PWR
PRL

Each of them are different so you’ll need to research which one will fit your specific needs.

tinyman392

First Name
Marcus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Civic Type R (RR)
Country flag
How likely would an aftermarket intercooler void a power train warranty?
They'd have to prove that the intercooler you put on caused the issue at hand. For example, say your motor started having oil dilution problems and you had an aftermarket intercooler and aftermarket exhaust on your car. They would have to prove that either the intercooler or exhaust can cause the oil dilution. If they were unable to prove that, legally they wouldn't have a leg to stand on. The issue is that if they were to deny it it would become a legal issue which means lawyers.

Caestus

First Name
Jeremiah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 Civic Type R
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
PRL specs:
26.5 x 3.5 x 7.25"
"3 horsepower & 11 ft/lb torque gains by simply bolting on "

PERRIN specs:
26"x 3.15"x 8.5"
"Adds 15-20ft-lbs of tq and 15-20whp. This part will give you straight bolt on power. No specific tuning is required.."

I am not going to refute either claim.

I will say this: Without a basemap or proper tune, our ECU will ultimately self correct. The intercooler will help dramatically with heat soak though and keep you in the power band longer and more frequently.

Caestus

First Name
Jeremiah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 Civic Type R
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
In my opinion the best intercoolers available are

HKS
GReddy
PWR
PRL

Each of them are different so you’ll need to research which one will fit your specific needs.

I have heard really good things about Mishimoto as well?
Sponsored