• ⛔️ EFFECTIVE JANUARY 16, 2023 ⛔️ 

ATTENTION SELLERS: All users who wish to sell in the marketplace are now required to abide by the following RULES. If a sales thread/post created ON OR AFTER January 16, 2023, does not comply, it is subject to DELETION without notice.

ATTENTION BUYERS: If you see a non-compliant sales thread, please REPORT the thread and take CAUTION when transacting.

Rule #1 - Post a picture of the actual item you are selling (NO stock photos).
    Rule #2 - The picture must include a REAL piece of paper with your Username and the Date written on it next to the product you are selling. NO photoshop or digitally edited photos are allowed.
    Rule #3 - NO "feeler" threads are permitted. This section is only for items that are actually available and ready to be sold currently.
    Rule #4 - The listing must include an asking price. OBO (or best offer) is allowed but it must be accompanied by an asking price.
    Rule #5 - No "threadcrapping." Classifieds threads are not meant for negative discussions. Comments on pricing are not allowed. Only people with genuine questions and interest in the item for sale should be posting in the classifieds threads.

Beware of Scammer

trong.n95

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Sport 6MT
Country flag
I make this thread in hope to shine some lights on a scammer(s) that is preying on members who are interested in used ktuner as well as other highly sought-after items. I had the unfortunate event of having to deal wit this scammer myself, and I know one other member had some contacts with probably the same scammer too. This seller has since deleted his account but probably will show up again eventually. That's why I want to bring attention to other members in this forum to look out for this scammer. If you see similar tactics/messages like the ones I attached below, please avoid. I also included the payment accounts he sent over, so avoid any of that or similar.

Bottom line is, I hope this is just a friendly reminder for everyone to continue to be vigilant toward sellers and require more secure payment methods. Cheers. Stay safe.

Honda Civic 10th gen Beware of Scammer 1.JPG

Honda Civic 10th gen Beware of Scammer 2.JPG

Honda Civic 10th gen Beware of Scammer 3.JPG

Honda Civic 10th gen Beware of Scammer 5.JPG

Honda Civic 10th gen Beware of Scammer 6.JPG

Honda Civic 10th gen Beware of Scammer acocunt1.JPG

Honda Civic 10th gen Beware of Scammer acocunt2.JPG

Garlow1979

First Name
Shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Ex
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Look at his cash app user name, it screams honest Joe. $LuisTampa305. He thinks he is from Miami with the 305 in his user name like he's gangster or something.

bay_hatch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Hatchback Sport
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I"m here to chime in as I've experienced the same scam upon the same seller. Unfortunately, I messaged @trong.n95 a little too late before he sent payment over to him.

Here are some details I've noticed about him.
  • He claims to have bought a 2020 Type-R after trading in an older civic
  • Listed location in Florida for both transactions
  • His verbage is exactly the same (run on sentences, frequently misspelling or abbreviating words)
  • He pushes to use payment methods that offer zero buyer protection (PayPal F&F, Venmo, CashApp, Zelle) and receiver name is listed as Melissa Ro
  • He doesn't provide any proof of unlock of the KTuner. Photos of the actual unlock are stolen photos.
He has ghosted both me and @trong.n95 after receiving payment. Like @trong.n95 mentioned, please be vigilant about going through the correct channels to keep yourself protected. Fortunately for me I was able to recover my money.

Honda Civic 10th gen Beware of Scammer 1587153314155

Honda Civic 10th gen Beware of Scammer 1587153339568

Honda Civic 10th gen Beware of Scammer 1587153351114

Honda Civic 10th gen Beware of Scammer 1587153366425

Honda Civic 10th gen Beware of Scammer 1587153376986

Honda Civic 10th gen Beware of Scammer 1587153395401

Last edited:

davidgostbo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic Ex-t 2016
Country flag
I"m here to chime in as I've experienced the same scam upon the same seller. Unfortunately, I messaged @trong.n95 a little too late before he sent payment over to him.

Here are some details I've noticed about him.
  • He claims to have bought a 2020 Type-R after trading in an older civic
  • Listed location in Florida for both transactions
  • His verbage is exactly the same
  • He pushes to use payment methods that offer zero buyer protection (PayPal F&F, Venmo, CashApp, Zelle) and receiver name is listed as Melissa Ro
  • He doesn't provide any proof of unlock of the KTuner. Photos of the actual unlock are stolen photos.
He has ghosted both me and @trong.n95 after receiving payment. Like @trong.n95 mentioned, please be vigilant about going through the correct channels to keep yourself protected. Fortunately for me I was able to recover my money.

1587153314155.png

1587153339568.png

1587153351114.png

1587153366425.png

1587153376986.png

1587153395401.png
What payment method would you recommend? Not sure if any other payment method.

TypeSiR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1.5T Civic, Fit, MX-5, CTR
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag

NkryptD0n3

First Name
Drew
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Si Coupe Platinum White
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
What payment method would you recommend? Not sure if any other payment method.
To protect myself I will ONLY do PayPal and use the Goods and Services protection option which is NOT the friends & family one.

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Cosmic Blue EX-L Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
One good rule to follow...

Don't ever buy anything from a member with 0 posts.

bay_hatch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Hatchback Sport
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
One good rule to follow...

Don't ever buy anything from a member with 0 posts.
On his FK8Slayer account, he actually had a thread a week or two prior about buying his 2020 Type-R. He asked for recommendations for paint protection films. I gave him the benefit of the doubt and messaged him, but should've taken no proof of unlock as a major red flag.

fenix-silver

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Si
Country flag
Just my 2 cents, but for items that can be easily damaged or hard to determine the actual condition (electronics, interior pieces, lights, etc), I only pay with Goods and Services. For things like suspension pieces or other stuff where I don't care if something is scratched or not in perfect condition, then F&F might suffice, BUT only if the seller has a significant presence on the forum. Also, many times you can find the same person on Facebook if they are member of any of the Civic groups, so if they seem legit there and are posting here, then you should be good. But as always, buyer beware! And when in doubt pay w/ G&S.

type_ramen

First Name
Keiothic
Threads
Reaction score
Website
linktr.ee
Vehicle(s)
Civic
Country flag
I make rock guards that I've sold in this forum before. I used to ask for payment to be sent as Family/Friend to save me from tax hassles. I rely on my track record to deliver. If my buyers are uncomfortable, I wouldn't force them from paying as Goods/Services. The fact these scammers just don't wanna be bothered waiting for their money already seems suspicious.

OP
OP
trong.n95

trong.n95

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Sport 6MT
Country flag
Hindsight is 2020, i guess. I did innitially have my suspicions on the seller as well, but the scammer did also return money from both zelle and paypal (which probably why i wrongly gave the scammer more credibility).

The point is still to bring this up to everyone's attention and keep everyone vigilant. Especially members who do not have a lot of experience buying online in forums like me.

Boni

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Si Coupe
Country flag
Even if he sent you a pic of it unlocked, he can relock it and send it to you. That’s what happened to me, just use paypal with buyer protection. Saved me $350, got my money back.

UnknownCTR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 CTR SGP, Mercedes-Benz 2014 C250
Country flag
Like @TypeSiR mentioned, there should be a minimum post requirement to post for selling. Other forums have these requirements.

MaxPower

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Si sedan ABM, 2017 CR-V EX, formerly 2005 Saab 9-2x, 1986 Prelude Si
Country flag
Like @TypeSiR mentioned, there should be a minimum post requirement to post for selling. Other forums have these requirements.
Sure, but this guy never actually posted the Ktuner for sale - he simply messaged forum members directly. In fact, he never posted at all. You can see he has zero posts in the message threads above.

Maybe new forum members shouldn't be allowed to use the PM system until they've made a certain number of posts? Wouldn't eliminate the issue, but it might dissuade the lazier thieves from attempting this type of scam.
Sponsored