Anyone know how much this will cost to replace?

H_h

First Name
H
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 civic Ex
Country flag
It’s on the drivers front side shock

Honda Civic 10th gen Anyone know how much this will cost to replace? 68819E51-2992-485D-B218-B87AB9342A49

Honda Civic 10th gen Anyone know how much this will cost to replace? 2A55B10D-0AC4-4EE0-9072-AF656FE97BF6

BABY NSX

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Type R, 2019 Toyota Sienna, 2006 Toyota Highlander, 1972 Dodge Challenger Rallye
Country flag
What year is your car, assuming it a Civic? What model? How many miles? How did you know this was broken? Was there any sound or other issue clueing you to this broken part? Just wondering. The parts listed above are not for a Type R. Those shocks are like $392 each.

Is it just the black plastic piece on top of the shock absorber? i honestly don’t know the exact purpose of it but I’m guessing it’s some sort of dust shield possibly? It’s plastic so doubtful it’s used for guiding the shaft of the shock. Could be to wipe dirt from the shaft? I don’t see that listed as a separate part from the the link jayy_swish posted.

If that was my car and there wasn’t anything making sounds or effecting performance, I would just leave it. Again, not exactly sure the purpose of it but if was to effect the longevity of the shockni would just replace the shock if it eventually fails. I don’t like to spend $$$ unless necessary, have other expenses but that’s just my situation.
If that was my car and there wasn’t anything making sounds or effecting performance, I would just leave it. Again, not exactly sure the purpose of it but if was to effect the longevity of the shockni would just replace the shock if it eventually fails. I don’t like to spend $$$ unless necessary, have other expenses but that’s just my situation.

If you have a non Type R and you send it out to get fixed, depending how many miles you have they may advise you to replace both front shocks as a pair. If replacing a pair depending where you go you might charged anywhere from $500-$600 for parts and labor, guestimate. Half that for one side of course.

OP
OP

H_h

First Name
H
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 civic Ex
Country flag
What year is your car, assuming it a Civic? What model? How many miles? How did you know this was broken? Was there any sound or other issue clueing you to this broken part? Just wondering. The parts listed above are not for a Type R. Those shocks are like $392 each.

Is it just the black plastic piece on top of the shock absorber? i honestly don’t know the exact purpose of it but I’m guessing it’s some sort of dust shield possibly? It’s plastic so doubtful it’s used for guiding the shaft of the shock. Could be to wipe dirt from the shaft? I don’t see that listed as a separate part from the the link jayy_swish posted.

If you have a non Type R and you send it out to get fixed, depending how many miles you have they may advise you to replace both front shocks as a pair. If replacing a pair depending where you go you might charged anywhere from $500-$600 for parts and labor, guestimate. Half that for one side of course.
It is a 2017 Civc Ex. Has about 55k miles. I noticed it was broken when I was changing the brake pads, I heeard some squeaking sounds coming from this area. But not enough to where I though there was a major issue. It would squeak randomly and I wasn’t sure if it was coming from here. I hit a divider about 3 weeks prior and needed to do the Alignment and replace a tire. My guess would be hitting the divider caused this.

fk-eight

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 SGP CTR R-35355/ 2021 SGP Accord Touring
Country flag
It is a 2017 Civc Ex. Has about 55k miles. I noticed it was broken when I was changing the brake pads, I heeard some squeaking sounds coming from this area. But not enough to where I though there was a major issue. It would squeak randomly and I wasn’t sure if it was coming from here. I hit a divider about 3 weeks prior and needed to do the Alignment and replace a tire. My guess would be hitting the divider caused this.
You posted in the Type R Forum. Probably why people are confused about what you need to for the car.

BABY NSX

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Type R, 2019 Toyota Sienna, 2006 Toyota Highlander, 1972 Dodge Challenger Rallye
Country flag
You posted in the Type R Forum. Probably why people are confused about what you need to for the car.
Yeah, didn’t want to assume anything. Lately been seeing non Type R stuff in the Type R forum but didn’t know if I was in the wrong place or not. But hey, if you can help someone why not. :) I looked in the OP profile and didn’t see a car listed.

So you hit something and now a squeak. The squeak could be something else like the shock absorber mounting plate. Could be anything at 55k miles. One wound have to hear it.

when does the squeak happen? Over bumps, speed bumps? While turning at a stop? Applying brakes? Sounds like you need a road test. I had an older Accord that would squeak when turning and over speed bumps and it was a dry shock mount. Again, you need a road test. I usually just tune up the radio volume and the sound goes away. Hahahah! Since having hit divider it could be a number of things.

fk-eight

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 SGP CTR R-35355/ 2021 SGP Accord Touring
Country flag
Oh, I was on my laptop, when I read it. On the desktop forum, under his Avatar, it says 17 Civic Ex.

BABY NSX

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Oh, I was on my laptop, when I read it. On the desktop forum, under his Avatar, it says 17 Civic Ex.
Oh, good to know! I’m always on my phone when I go to this forum and don’t see anything under his avatar! Thanks! :thumbsup:

Honda Civic 10th gen Anyone know how much this will cost to replace? C5C46894-97A3-42C5-963D-22DD532F4BC3
Sponsored