lunarsilver

Lunarsilver
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 civic ext
Country flag
@Mocha90210 is from Canada and that won't work for us Canadians :rolleyes:
When I 1st heard of this a couple months ago....... I got the information from a Canadian civic owner...... Sir, honda of Canada definitely knows of the tsb..... Please inquire with Honda of Canada... If not, call Honda of america and get your info..... Hope this helps......

Last edited:

NorthernEX-T

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Type R
Vehicle Showcase
When I 1st heard of this a couple months ago....... I got the information from a Canadian civic owner...... Sir, honda of Canada definitely knows of the tsb..... Please inquire with Honda of Canada... If not, call Honda of america and get your info..... Hope this helps......
That's fine, I'm just saying that Honda of Canada won't be able to process the 16-028 code, I had to use the Canadian code (A-6-16)

Ash2016

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CIVIC 2016 Touring
Which is why I was asking @Ash2016 for the name of the dealer that did the update for them. If there is a dealer in the area that is familiar with the fix, then my path of least resistance is to go there. TSB 016-28 is not out in Canada, and I don't really want to (or have the time to) keep going back over and over again to prove my case.

The TSB will eventually make it to Canada, and I'm happy enough waiting for it, as my surging has all but disappeared. But if there is a dealer that is ahead of the game, that can do the update hassle-free, then I'll pursue that.
Hi.
I went to classic Honda in Brampton... They did it for me a while ago....Canadian code (A-6-16)

Snoopyslr

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic EX-T, 2016 Ford F-150, 2003 Subaru Impreza WRX
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Just show them the TSB number and confirm your VIN is eligible. They can't refuse the work no matter what.

Mocha90210

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Touring
Country flag
Hi.
I went to classic Honda in Brampton... They did it for me a while ago....Canadian code (A-6-16)
Thank you for the information! A-6-16 is a code they will recognize. Still baffles me why they can't find it on their own.

NorthernEX-T

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Type R
Vehicle Showcase
Thank you, that is very helpful. They will recognize that code. Why they can't find it on their own is beyond me!
My dealer had the same trouble! It's like not listed in there tsb or something, weird I know, but then they were able to get it through they're tech support after all!

Mocha90210

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Touring
Country flag
My dealer had the same trouble! It's like not listed in there tsb or something, weird I know, but then they were able to get it through they're tech support after all!
Tell them to check in service bulletins. All the updates sitting in there...
Seriously, between a few of us, we could run the service department of a Honda dealership!

Not sure what I'd do without this forum.

BobM_Jr

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX-T
Country flag
Do you have the PDF file you captured these pictures from? If so could you post it or message me and I'll give you an e-mail address to send it to. After over 10,000 miles this problem has shown up on my Civic now.

bobbyboogie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Touring - MSM
Country flag
I brought my Touring in today to get it's first oil change, subwoofer rattle and the famous surging issue. I had a list of other issues, but since this was my first dealer visit since buying the car, I would give them a short list. They called me about the surging issue and mentioned it was the turbo kicking in and out. I said it happens when CRUSING at highway speeds. I gave them the bulletin number A-6-16 and they said my car was already updated with that bulleting before I took delivery of the car March 20, 2016. So they want me to take their technician out for a spin with it.

So, I'm wondering...maybe my car has already been updated and perhaps it was much worse before. So, after you got yours updated, is the surging issue eliminated completely? My surging happens when I'm driving on a level highway at a constant speed, you can faintly notice the cars accelerating and decelerating at approx. 1 second intervals. I've even had a passenger tell me they notice the surging. The one thing I do notice is the RPM bounces about 50 RPM to match that surging.

What are your thoughts comparing it to your surging issue? Should this update eliminate it completely? If it was supposed to eliminate it completely and I still have it, chances are they are lying about that update being done or if it actually was done, maybe they didn't do it properly.
Sponsored