jayy_swish

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Sport Touring
Country flag

I see a lot of new 10th gen owners or first time aftermarket wheel buyers asking questions about what fits, what tires to run, and what offset to look for. Well, Fitment Industries recently put out a guide on wheel Fitment for the 10th Gen Civic that I feel will help A LOT of people out. So highly recommend checking the video out if you are stumped or confused on what to get or look for when looking at aftermarket wheels.

If you do not know about Fitment Industries, I highly recommend looking them up. They are an aftermarket parts website that is mostly know for selling wheels and tires, but sell other components as well. They’re amazing and I have never had any issues with them. The best thing about their website is the photo library. So a lot of their customers post pictures of their cars running a variety of wheels, seriously there is a ton of photos of cars with different wheels and tires and it will tell you their wheel set up, tire set up, stock/lowering springs/coil over suspension set up. Literally everything so that you can get your wheel, tire, and suspension dialed to the way you hope/imagine it. It’s a great resource even if you don’t know what wheel you want or which direction you want to go. Highly recommend checking them out.

Feel free to drop a question also, I’d be glad to assist as best I could if you still need assistance.
Some important information that I believe should be shared when shopping for wheels:

- you will need Conical Lug nuts (used to center the wheel); Sedan, Coupe, Hatchback M12x1.5, Type R: M14x1.5
- Hub rings (not required but assist in centering the wheel)
- wheel needs a center bore size of 64.1mm or bigger
- 5x114.3 bolt pattern (Type R: 5x120)
Sponsored

Last edited:

ddawg

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Type R
Country flag
I have also heard a lot of great things about fitment industries and I'm looking to get my wheels and tires from them as a package. since you've had experience with them before, how long was shipping to Los Angeles?

OP
OP
jayy_swish

jayy_swish

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
I have also heard a lot of great things about fitment industries and I'm looking to get my wheels and tires from them as a package. since you've had experience with them before, how long was shipping to Los Angeles?
Depends if they have them in-hand at their warehouse or if they’re shipping from the wheel manufacturers warehouse and where they’re located. So kinda varies, also varies if you are buying wheels only or wheels and tires as they ship different. That being said I ordered a pair of Avid1 wheels, no tires, I got them 2 days later (so I want to say these shipped from Avid1’s warehouse since they're a SoCal located company). I don’t see it taking more than 1 week for wheels and 2 weeks for wheels+tires tops to ship though, unless they’re back ordered

86salmon

It's Hedley, Hedley Lamarr!
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic si sedan, 2001 Nissan Frontier
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I'm a fan for sure. My setup, ordered in the middle of their winter break (they took a week off for the holidays), took about two weeks to arrive. This included ceramic coating, mount, balance.

Good communication from them with tracking as well as phone call from the courier on delivery day

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Cosmic Blue EX-L Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
Anyone else catch the video's title screenshot screwup? "2015+ Honda Civic". Hey Fitment, that 2015 is a 9th gen. Just saying. :cool:

nawx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic EX-T
Country flag
I ordered wheels from them. I didn't end up getting tires yet because I'm unsure of what size I really want to get ?. I want a meaty looking tire and I'm unsure if 245/40/18 will be meaty enough ?

OP
OP
jayy_swish

jayy_swish

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
I ordered wheels from them. I didn't end up getting tires yet because I'm unsure of what size I really want to get ?. I want a meaty looking tire and I'm unsure if 245/40/18 will be meaty enough ?
What’s your wheel spec?

OP
OP
jayy_swish

jayy_swish

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
18x9.5 +38 - I got the AVID1 AV20s

I'm pretty sure I'm just going to end up going with 245/40 but just wanna see my options.
Summer tires make the car look aggressive, but obviously if you can’t run them then your out of luck lol. But 245/40 is fine I’d look into Michelin PS4’s for summer tires or Michelin PS A/S. Both have a semi-similar aggressive tread pattern. I have 255/35 since I like the low profile tire look

nawx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic EX-T
Country flag
Summer tires make the car look aggressive, but obviously if you can’t run them then your out of luck lol. But 245/40 is fine I’d look into Michelin PS4’s for summer tires or Michelin PS A/S. Both have a semi-similar aggressive tread pattern. I have 255/35 since I like the low profile tire look
I'll look into the A/S, otherwise I probably would have to get another set for the winter lol

MrCivicHatch12

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Hatchback
Country flag
Do you scrape on a 255/35? I run a 245/40 but wanna run a 255/35 for a less stretch but dont want to scrape as often.

brownman

Driving a car in the land of the truck
First Name
eduardo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 honda civic lx sedan
Country flag
I normally direct people at our shop to check out jncwheels.com as well. I have the jnc001 and love the hell out of these light little wheels!!! stupid cheap as well

brownman

Driving a car in the land of the truck
First Name
eduardo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 honda civic lx sedan
Country flag
255/50/16? I wanna seee what that looks like LOL
im horrible about taking pictures of our vehicles since I use a commuter work truck, as soon as I get the opportunity and of course wash it, I will post and tag you mrcivichatch12
Sponsored