saz468

First Name
Stan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 civic EX Aegean blue metallic
Country flag
This, man. Pretty much the same situation here. Like you I’m cruising to stay along with traffic and I look down and I’m doing 80-90... And there’s that one car or truck that’s flying past. WTF???
As I was leaving work at 9:00 pm on 41 nobody on the highway the speed limit is 65 mph I was doing 70 as I was driving headlights was coming up on me pretty fast as the vehicle passes me probably doing 100 mph it said Florida State sheriffs department no flashing lights or siren
Sponsored

FC3L15B7

I'm a machine.
First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 Honda Civic 2 Door Coupe Si / 1993 Chrysler Intrepid 3.5L
Country flag
Not sure if anyone has noticed but traffic on surface streets and highways have significantly sped up in the following weeks since Covid-19 and stay at home measure have taken effect. I usually drive 5-7 miles over the limit but people in all types of cars and trucks are blowing past me like I was stopped. The last few times on the highway, I went with the flow of traffic and I was easily 15-20 mph over. I know with more open roads and less traffic and people with pent up feelings about the pandemic are hitting the roads and going really fast. I rarely see cops pulling people over - maybe a fear of getting exposed. I have seen more wrecks which appear worse, too, and that makes sense if people are going faster. It's just crazy.

Any y'all notice similar higher speeds on the roads?
While it's difficult to know what exactly causes this assholitis, I have noticed people speeding and being more impatient than the average Friday jerkoff as well. ☺

FC3L15B7

I'm a machine.
First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
I too still have to go to work. i work at an auto body shop. I can tell you that accidents are wayyyy down. Just goes to show, sometimes its not the speed or anything, its the amount of people on the road, plus the stupidity. Funny how we can all speed and get where we need to with less accidents happening.
I suppose 3 lanes and no other cars is enough for distracted drivers. ?

FK7DEMON

First Name
Trevor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Hatchback Sport Touring
Country flag
Yes I have noticed it as well. I'm even guilty of doing it myself. I usually don't.

FC3L15B7

I'm a machine.
First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Yes I have noticed it as well. I'm even guilty of doing it myself. I usually don't.
I did take advantage of there only being 3 cars on the highway and topped out mine. ? But I'm actually driving a lot less aggressive to and from work because I don't have to speed up or pass people driving below the speed limit for once. Just set cruise and relax all the way at a steady speed. I just let whatever lunatics driving like they're playing ? Gran Turismo use the two left lanes. :)

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Cosmic Blue EX-L Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
The crazy thing about where I live (Baltimore County, Maryland) is that traffic can still be fairly heavy at times. Going to work at 5:30 this morning all three lanes of the highway I travel were congested. Definitely a lot of folks here disobeying the stay at home order.

FC3L15B7

I'm a machine.
First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
The crazy thing about where I live (Baltimore County, Maryland) is that traffic can still be fairly heavy at times. Going to work at 5:30 this morning all three lanes of the highway I travel were congested. Definitely a lot of folks here disobeying the stay at home order.
I think it's just people trying to get to the store first to buy up all the hand sanitizer and toilet paper. ?

Toaster

First Name
Seth
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic LX-P Coupe in Energy Green
Country flag
Have absolutely noticed this. My job is considered essential (don't know why boat yards are considered essential), so I've been commuting nearly every morning. The stretch of highway I take from my apartment to my job is quite narrow and windy so it has a 50mhp limit, but lately I've seen people doing somewhere in the ballpark of 75-80, sometimes more which is crazy to me.

REBELXSi

Señor Member
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Si coupe RIP, '20 CRV EX-L Hybrid
Country flag
I've noticed a massive increase in speed and a massive decrease in skill.

RS27

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic LX Sedan 6 spd / 2019 Civic Coupe Sport CVT / 05 E46 M3 6MT Slicktop
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
Same here. Roads are moving. Nice change.

OP
OP
silverrascal

silverrascal

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic EX hatch
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
damn, y’all see what I mean??? lol
Honda Civic 10th gen Covid-19 effect: speeding fa9tfrct03s41

saz468

First Name
Stan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 civic EX Aegean blue metallic
Country flag
Have absolutely noticed this. My job is considered essential (don't know why boat yards are considered essential), so I've been commuting nearly every morning. The stretch of highway I take from my apartment to my job is quite narrow and windy so it has a 50mhp limit, but lately I've seen people doing somewhere in the ballpark of 75-80, sometimes more which is crazy to me.
since this pandemic started I’ve seen more and more boats out in the water. And remember this if their driving like idiots on the road it going to be the same on the water

Amazon

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 Cobalt SS
Country flag
I'm still going to work daily and work with a p/t police officer. He says cops aren't pulling people over for speeding really anymore at this point. Shift change also occurs right around the time of my commute too. I typically drive at 80-90mph, but have stretched it out to 130-140mph here and there for fun, there simply isn't really anyone on the road in the early morning anymore and my car will stop on a dime. I've caught up with some cops here and there, they're usually doing around 120mph+, so they're taking advantage of the current situation as well.

That said, don't drive faster than your skill level or faster than your car can afford to stop.
Sponsored