Banned
First Name
Allen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda civic
Country flag
Not sure if anyone has noticed but traffic on surface streets and highways have significantly sped up in the following weeks since Covid-19 and stay at home measure have taken effect. I usually drive 5-7 miles over the limit but people in all types of cars and trucks are blowing past me like I was stopped. The last few times on the highway, I went with the flow of traffic and I was easily 15-20 mph over. I know with more open roads and less traffic and people with pent up feelings about the pandemic are hitting the roads and going really fast. I rarely see cops pulling people over - maybe a fear of getting exposed. I have seen more wrecks which appear worse, too, and that makes sense if people are going faster. It's just crazy.

Any y'all notice similar higher speeds on the roads?
So true, even in cities almost everyone is going way over speed limit because there's hardly any traffic
Sponsored

Barry

Banned
Banned
First Name
Allen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda civic
Country flag
The roads have become like an autobahn now, no one seems to care how fast they are going. It's also surprising how many cars there are on the road considering there is a stay at home order. I myself like to go out on drives to warm up our vehicles and also get some fresh air and such so i'm always surprised when I see there is a decent amount of traffic on the streets in spite of businesses and a lot of workplaces being closed.
Not really like the autobahn because you could still get pull over and handed a fat ticket where as the autobahn you wont get a ticket for doing 200+ on the left lane

86salmon

It's Hedley, Hedley Lamarr!
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic si sedan, 2001 Nissan Frontier
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag

OP
OP
silverrascal

silverrascal

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic EX hatch
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Then there's this guy.
I’ve seen a few instagram accounts doing this exact thing in their respective towns. Haha

nawx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic EX-T
Country flag
My coworker wife called him 5min ago to let us know there's cops all over the freeway right by work. All because everyone is going 80+ on a 55MPH SL

NazTehRpR

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Civic Sedan Sport, '08 GSXR 600
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I'm seeing more and more speeding on my way to work 5am in the morning on regular roads, not just the interstate. 55 mph roads (long stretch between traffic lights), most go 70 and normally cops as well. But since the covid-19 era, people are hitting 80's. I only notice when I'm on my bike in the left lane going 70 and people are flying by me. Even when roaming inner town where its 45-50 with lights more common, people hitting 70's. Most think cops aren't roaming, but I'm certain they're aware. Just that, whenever I do it, I get caught. But when I see people do it...never a cop around.
-
Ex: Just the other day, riding to work, red light turns to green before I came to a stop, bmw goes flying down the road, way past 100, thinking imma race him.

Tev42

First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 CTR
Country flag
I was on I-95 in Baltimore the other day just going with the flow, driving the same speed as a few cars in my general vicinity, looked down at 103 as an X5 ripped by me. At least 5 or 6 other cars going steady at my speed. I had no idea I was cruising at that speed until I looked down

mocaSi

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Si & 2016 Honda Fit
Country flag
Not sure if anyone has noticed but traffic on surface streets and highways have significantly sped up in the following weeks since Covid-19 and stay at home measure have taken effect. I usually drive 5-7 miles over the limit but people in all types of cars and trucks are blowing past me like I was stopped. The last few times on the highway, I went with the flow of traffic and I was easily 15-20 mph over. I know with more open roads and less traffic and people with pent up feelings about the pandemic are hitting the roads and going really fast. I rarely see cops pulling people over - maybe a fear of getting exposed. I have seen more wrecks which appear worse, too, and that makes sense if people are going faster. It's just crazy.

Any y'all notice similar higher speeds on the roads?
yes absolutely. I live in a small town in western NC and I over heard a police officer and highway patrol talking about there orders not to pull anyone over that's going up to 15 mph over the speed limit. My guess would be that you'd have to be doing 20-25 over to even get pulled over.

OP
OP
silverrascal

silverrascal

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I was on I-95 in Baltimore the other day just going with the flow, driving the same speed as a few cars in my general vicinity, looked down at 103 as an X5 ripped by me. At least 5 or 6 other cars going steady at my speed. I had no idea I was cruising at that speed until I looked down
This, man. Pretty much the same situation here. Like you I’m cruising to stay along with traffic and I look down and I’m doing 80-90... And there’s that one car or truck that’s flying past. WTF???

Tev42

First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 CTR
Country flag
This, man. Pretty much the same situation here. Like you I’m cruising to stay along with traffic and I look down and I’m doing 80-90... And there’s that one car or truck that’s flying past. WTF???

I'm glad to know its happening all over, I haven't been getting out much but there is a noticeable difference in people speeding right now.

NazTehRpR

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Civic Sedan Sport, '08 GSXR 600
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Shocking realization when its not BMW's...but its Prius drivers zooming past you in the right lane...

OP
OP
silverrascal

silverrascal

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Shocking realization when its not BMW's...but its Prius drivers zooming past you in the right lane...
Seriously, man. I had a freakin Honda HR-V pushing me past 80 today... And I was in the MIDDLE LANE. The left lane was clear but for whatever reason, he was pushing. Again... WTF?

Edit: On second thought, I know why he wouldn't pass me... He was probably checking out my duckbill spoiler... LOL
Sponsored