Threads
Reaction score
Website
wheelwell.com
Vehicle(s)
98 Civic EX with SI Conversion-Sold, 2017 Civic Si Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Hmm as far as I know as long as its below the torque limit of what the rods should be able to do it should be fine. What I need to be careful of is my CVT actually as far as I know. Well that was what I was told by tuners here. Im planning to change internals anyways in the future and even upgrade the turbo again with a TD04 ball bearing XD.
Link to TD04 ball bearing? I mean is there any point in upgrading to such a large drop in turbo when there wouldn't be enough airflow to push it? I would think you would need to upgrade the turbo inlet pipe to provide more airflow whether it'll be 27Won's or PRL Inlet or even a custom one.
Sponsored

monocivic

@monocivicx IG
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
Civic CVT 1.5T
Country flag
Link to TD04 ball bearing? I mean is there any point in upgrading to such a large drop in turbo when there wouldn't be enough airflow to push it? I would think you would need to upgrade the turbo inlet pipe to provide more airflow whether it'll be 27Won's or PRL Inlet or even a custom one.
Yes, for sure gonna upgrade the pipe as well. Got one tuner here selling the upgraded pipe for less than $300, not as large as 27wons, but should be a huge upgrade over stock as it maintains a circular diameter through out the whole pipe. Results are quite great, the TD04 upgrade here that is offered is an equivalent to 27WONs turbo but with ball bearing instead, lots of people getting around 300 Bhp or more here with stock inlet pipe and im sure people with 27won turbo people are getting great results too. Additional of the pipe would help for sure.

Myx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic EX (Hatchback/CVT)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Well from what everyone knows around the US is that the CVT's can handle up to around 250tq
Nope....incrorrect! Everyone doesn't 'know' this. This is rumors that's been being spread around by posts like this. No-one really knows the limit of the CVTs as of yet.....in the U.S. You are only speaking about Hondata.

OP
OP
LilToTo17

LilToTo17

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
wheelwell.com
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Nope....incrorrect! Everyone doesn't 'know' this. This is rumors that's been being spread around by posts like this. No-one really knows the limit of the CVTs as of yet.....in the U.S. You are only speaking about Hondata.
I am speaking about most of the cvt’s DRob has tuned

OP
OP
LilToTo17

LilToTo17

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
wheelwell.com
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Yes, for sure gonna upgrade the pipe as well. Got one tuner here selling the upgraded pipe for less than $300, not as large as 27wons, but should be a huge upgrade over stock as it maintains a circular diameter through out the whole pipe. Results are quite great, the TD04 upgrade here that is offered is an equivalent to 27WONs turbo but with ball bearing instead, lots of people getting around 300 Bhp or more here with stock inlet pipe and im sure people with 27won turbo people are getting great results too. Additional of the pipe would help for sure.
Ball bearing is definitely an upgrade. I wanna know more about that inlet pipe as I might be interested too lol

OP
OP
LilToTo17

LilToTo17

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
wheelwell.com
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Honda Civic 10th gen MHI 10th Gen Honda Civic Si Bolt On Turbo Upgrade 74538451-5C36-40D9-A370-B890C14DD5C7

Honda Civic 10th gen MHI 10th Gen Honda Civic Si Bolt On Turbo Upgrade 5A795D5B-EF69-4E57-8E06-5158551CC4E3

Myx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
the best W1 1/4 mile run ever. Oh and full interior lol. Right tuning with boost by gear and low end torque wouldn’t really matter. Just run proper slicks, meth injection, push the turbo to it’s limit, and bang gears is all you need. Also he was trusting Ktuners new antilag feature that hasn’t been released yet
Those are great runs but what stock turbo setup with the same modifications can you compare it too? Probably none!

How about comparing a 27Won on pump gas vs a stock turbo on pump gas. I've seen a few in the 1/4 mile thread. It didn't look pretty. Or maybe a 27Won on E85 against a stock turbo on E85 on street tires (or slicks).

This MHI turbo is interesting. Will be interesting to see the results. In the meantime, I'm ready to get back to racing.

Myx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag

That's just to play it safe. Where are all the broken CVTs from going over the limit? And what is that limit? People generally don't know. Keeping the torque stock aids in the CVT's longevity. Reducing torque from stock aids in longevity.

OP
OP
LilToTo17

LilToTo17

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
wheelwell.com
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Those are great runs but what stock turbo setup with the same modifications can you compare it too? Probably none!

How about comparing a 27Won on pump gas vs a stock turbo on pump gas. I've seen a few in the 1/4 mile thread. It didn't look pretty. Or maybe a 27Won on E85 against a stock turbo on E85 on street tires (or slicks).

This MHI turbo is interesting. Will be interesting to see the results. In the meantime, I'm ready to get back to racing.
Fastest stock turbo civic is 12.46 @109.03 on 1/4 mile by Jake Moore and gutted too lol. MHI turbo won’t make as much as W1 but any gain is a positive
Honda Civic 10th gen MHI 10th Gen Honda Civic Si Bolt On Turbo Upgrade 91120E0F-783F-4C9F-AA13-456D00DD24BA

OP
OP
LilToTo17

LilToTo17

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
wheelwell.com
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
That's just to play it safe. Where are all the broken CVTs from going over the limit? And what is that limit? People generally don't know. Keeping the torque stock aids in the CVT's longevity. Reducing torque from stock aids in longevity.
Lol if that’s what DRob feels is safe around then that’s probably what it should be around. He’s tuned 100’s of 10th gens so I’d say he would know. Hell he even makes the tune your running lol. People don’t know sure but tuners who have dyno’d these cars for some time should

Myx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Lol if that’s what DRob feels is safe around then that’s probably what it should be around. He’s tuned 100’s of 10th gens so I’d say he would know. Hell he even makes the tune your running lol. People don’t know sure but tuners who have dyno’d these cars for some time should
So you are saying that CVTs have broken on the dyno when tuned past some torque limit? :) Nope!

Back to the turbo discussion. :p

OP
OP
LilToTo17

LilToTo17

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
wheelwell.com
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
OP
OP
LilToTo17

LilToTo17

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
wheelwell.com
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
So you are saying that CVTs have broken on the dyno when tuned past some torque limit? :) Nope!

Back to the turbo discussion. :p
Well this is my forum lol we can talk about whatever I want. Also yes I have heard CVT's break on dyno when past a certain torque limit. Good luck trying to push yours. I mean just like the tsp stage 1 non si tune DRob made and said the CVT version of the tune has slightly reduced torque below 4000RPM to avoid risking damage to the CVT and makes 258.4wtq We can start to see a trend on where he likes CVT's to be at and he's not the only tuner who thinks so as well. As I recall Vit was on the same page about that before too.
Sponsored

Reactions: Myx
Status
Not open for further replies.