First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Sport Touring
Country flag
With an Interstate battery.
Okay just making sure it wasn’t the crap OEM battery, yeah not entirely sure what back up fuse is. I’m assuming back up lights and camera ? Try calling a dealer and speaking with a tech

OP
OP
Sonicflash01

Sonicflash01

Sonicflash01
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic EX-T
Country flag
Okay just making sure it wasn’t the crap OEM battery, yeah not entirely sure what back up fuse is. I’m assuming back up lights and camera ? Try calling a dealer and speaking with a tech
Will do. Tried calling. No answer. Guess I'll have to wait for another day. Looks like this Backup has a lot more than I thought based on other cars.

shoegazer

assistant to the assistant manager
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic LX Coupe 2.0 (CVT)
Country flag
In other forums that I have read; the 'back up' fuse has nothing to do with reverse lights or cameras so much as it is the 'back up' power supply to a host of other systems. Just Google 'honda back up circuit' and you;ll see. It's complicated.

OP
OP
Sonicflash01

Sonicflash01

Sonicflash01
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic EX-T
Country flag
In other forums that I have read; the 'back up' fuse has nothing to do with reverse lights or cameras so much as it is the 'back up' power supply to a host of other systems. Just Google 'honda back up circuit' and you;ll see. It's complicated.
That's what I've seen, too. I guess I'll talk to a technician or just take it in. Let them know what I found. Already took it in once.

calonzo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic Touring
Country flag
I've been trying to find some diagrams or any to give me a hint on what is within that circuit, but I am not finding much.
Not sure how much help this is, but I have the shop manual for my 2007 Honda Civic Hybrid, and this is what is says for the "Back Up" fuse Components or Circuit Protected:

Audio Unit (except USA Navigation), BCM Module, DLC, Gauge Control Module (Speedo), Gauge Control Module (Tach), Immobilizer-Keyless Control Unit, MICUI, MCM, Navigation Unit (USA)

Hopefully it is still similar to the new Civics.

OP
OP
Sonicflash01

Sonicflash01

Sonicflash01
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic EX-T
Country flag
According to the service manual fuse A18 (under hood) is responsible for the following systems:

Screenshot_20200407-212223__01.jpg
Anything here stand out as a known module to fail? I suspect I'll have to unplug module by module and continue to check. That assumes that I don't have some power wire making contact where it shouldn't somewhere.

JT Si

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Car
Country flag
Anything here stand out as a known module to fail? I suspect I'll have to unplug module by module and continue to check. That assumes that I don't have some power wire making contact where it shouldn't somewhere.
Not that I've seen on the forums, however the service manual has a step for troubleshooting parasitic draw which is explicitly pulling the fuse you mentioned. Here's the excerpt:

Honda Civic 10th gen Parasitic Current Drain, Suggestions Needed 1586370864844

Apparently they just disconnect control units one at a time for everything on the previous list until they find the one that's causing it and replace it.

jayy_swish

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Sport Touring
Country flag
Do you still have warranty? If so have Honda techs do the work lol just tell them the fuse so they can narrow it down

OP
OP
Sonicflash01

Sonicflash01

Sonicflash01
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic EX-T
Country flag
Not that I've seen on the forums, however the service manual has a step for troubleshooting parasitic draw which is explicitly pulling the fuse you mentioned. Here's the excerpt:

1586370864844.png

Apparently they just disconnect control units one at a time for everything on the previous list until they find the one that's causing it and replace it.
Looks like I'm doing the right thing. Does the manual show any diagrams of the location of the modules?