KYRGYZ

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 Civic LX, 18 Model X 100D
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
So the harness I made, one end plugs into the factory connectors of both the sub and the rear left speaker to grab the signal. Then it also has connectors to plug back into the factory speakers and new amp. Total plug and play and all speakers continue to work.
oh so you have aftermarket sub and OEM sub working together? gotcha, thanks man
Sponsored

OrchidFc3

First Name
Holly
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Type R, 1996 ITR, 1992 SI
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
What was the reason for upgrading to the 2020? Is it that much different from the 2019?

OP
OP
NHCivicGuy

NHCivicGuy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 R
Country flag
What was the reason for upgrading to the 2020? Is it that much different from the 2019?
Main reason for me is because Carvana offered me almost what it cost for me to go and upgrade to a 2020. It was a no brainer for me, especially for 19k miles of use I got out of it already.

Upgrades, such as gear ratio and Honda Sensing, were all a bonus too. Some rattles I had before I no longer have, even right off the bat from being now. I have no complaints at all about the whole upgrade.

OrchidFc3

First Name
Holly
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Main reason for me is because Carvana offered me almost what it cost for me to go and upgrade to a 2020. It was a no brainer for me, especially for 19k miles of use I got out of it already.

Upgrades, such as gear ratio and Honda Sensing, were all a bonus too. Some rattles I had before I no longer have, even right off the bat from being now. I have no complaints at all about the whole upgrade.
Ah ok well in that case it was definitely worth it to do the upgrade. What exactly is Carvana? We don't have that in Canada.

OP
OP
NHCivicGuy

NHCivicGuy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 R
Country flag
Ah ok well in that case it was definitely worth it to do the upgrade. What exactly is Carvana? We don't have that in Canada.
They are an online car buying and selling service. They come and buy or sell a car right to your door. They also have large vending machines if you happen to be local. Pretty neat and very competitive for their offers when selling.

OrchidFc3

First Name
Holly
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
They are an online car buying and selling service. They come and buy or sell a car right to your door. They also have large vending machines if you happen to be local. Pretty neat and very competitive for their offers when selling.
Oh wow! To bad we don't have that here, very neat.

koriw1.5

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Honda Civic SI Coupe
Country flag
I have to ask. Do you notice the metallic jingle jangle rattle noise? My car does this same sound on deceleration also, just like I hear in your video. I keep thinking something is loose somewhere....

Biff_Inglewood_420_69

First Name
Max
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2001 Mazda Miata, 2016 Volkswagen Golf Sportwagen
Country flag
Do you have any drone in the cabin? I had an HKS Hi-Power and it droned like crazy between 3-5k rpm. I think I'm saving for a 27Won with the Helmholtz chamber, but it's so expensive and I really wish they had an option to put some normal looking exhaust tips on there.

OrchidFc3

First Name
Holly
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Nice looking exhaust!

OP
OP
NHCivicGuy

NHCivicGuy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 R
Country flag
I have to ask. Do you notice the metallic jingle jangle rattle noise? My car does this same sound on deceleration also, just like I hear in your video. I keep thinking something is loose somewhere....
Sounds like the one I sort of hear is more of the engine having the girgle/crackle. Completely normal and some exhausts will have it emphasized more. The stock exhaust did it slightly too.

Do you have any drone in the cabin? I had an HKS Hi-Power and it droned like crazy between 3-5k rpm. I think I'm saving for a 27Won with the Helmholtz chamber, but it's so expensive and I really wish they had an option to put some normal looking exhaust tips on there.
There is practically no drone. I’ll try and drive it more but I can tell you in the 50ish miles I’ve done so far, even on highway, it’s perfect. Only under certain loads and gears may it have a wee bit of drone but it’s so minimal as it is. Drone isn’t even close to other cars I’ve owned or been in.

Nice looking exhaust!
Thanks man!

koriw1.5

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Sounds like the one I sort of hear is more of the engine having the girgle/crackle. Completely normal and some exhausts will have it emphasized more. The stock exhaust did it slightly too.
The noise @00:45? That's far from a gurgle or crackle. It's the noise that has me considered. I here it with me catless install. I've read up on possible waste gate actuator rattle. Youre the first video that I've heard it sound (jingle jangle) exactly like my car.

OP
OP
NHCivicGuy

NHCivicGuy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 R
Country flag
The noise @00:45? That's far from a gurgle or crackle. It's the noise that has me considered. I here it with me catless install. I've read up on possible waste gate actuator rattle. Youre the first video that I've heard it sound (jingle jangle) exactly like my car.
Man I usually have really good ears and can pick up on this kind of stuff, but I don't hear anything out of the ordinary around that time in the video. What I hear is as the exhaust note is coming down, it almost resonates a bit and creates a particular sound. Nothing that jumps out at me though.

koriw1.5

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Man I usually have really good ears and can pick up on this kind of stuff, but I don't hear anything out of the ordinary around that time in the video. What I hear is as the exhaust note is coming down, it almost resonates a bit and creates a particular sound. Nothing that jumps out at me though.
Reviving an old thread....
Possible wastegate actuator rattle on video. Listen closely at the deceleration about 1:14.
Very metallic sound on throttle down.
Let me know what you think it is.

Maybe on this one...?
Sponsored