CTRDON

First Name
Donnie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Chevrolet Camaro SS 1LE
Country flag
Hey guys, new to the site and finally in the market for a new 2019 CTR (Championship White or Sonic Gray Pearl) at invoice (~$34.6K). After hours of calls to various dealers today nationwide, I'm beginning to really appreciate the posts and frustrations about ridiculous ADM's + added equipment charges, especially on a relatively high volume vehicle that's been out for 3 years! Please, if anyone has a line on a new 2019 (CW or SGP) CTR at invoice, pass it along. Many thanks.
Sponsored

NapalmEnema

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 M2, 2022 Audi RS3, ex2019, now 2021Type R!
Country flag
Hey guys, new to the site and finally in the market for a new 2019 CTR (Championship White or Sonic Gray Pearl) at invoice (~$34.6K). After hours of calls to various dealers today nationwide, I'm beginning to really appreciate the posts and frustrations about ridiculous ADM's + added equipment charges, especially on a relatively high volume vehicle that's been out for 3 years! Please, if anyone has a line on a new 2019 (CW or SGP) CTR at invoice, pass it along. Many thanks.
They are probably going up in price because the 2020's are delayed due to what's going on. Honestly you'll be hard pressed to get invoice imo. I got 35750 before the end of the year (late december) but I think it's a slightly different world now and they may have those for a while longer before the 2020's hit.

I'd look in Louisiana they were the most willing to deal when I was looking.

Petrolicious

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 CTR, 2019 Lexus RX 350 F Sport, 2017 Golf R
Country flag
Got mine for a bit above 34k. Lots of deals out there if you are willing to shop.

d15b7

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Type R, 1995 Civic EG K24/20 EFR7163 Fortune Auto track weapon
Country flag
i'd add that with the impending total collapse of the economy (and no, I don't think that that's an overstatement; I hope to god it doesn't happen but i think there is a very good chance it will) -- I think if you have the money and can wait another 3-4 weeks that you might be able to get a CTR (or any car for that matter) at invoice no problem. you might have to do it by buying it 'remotely' (the local dealerships around me (I live in MD) are sending out emails to any and all of their previous customers that they will sell you a car and deliver it and leave it at your house without any contact with a human whatsoever. the Chevy dealer closest to me where I bought my last chevy a several years ago emailed me today with an offer to buy any 2019 on their lot at extremely discounted price with 0 interest for 84 months and a 120 day grace period before 1st payment due! so ya, if you are a legit car buyer, right now til the next at least 4+ weeks you might be able to make the most killer deal in history. there are going to be dealerships that go under before this is over. maybe quite a lot of them.

J o n

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 Z/28, '22 Ridgeline , '22 CR-V Hybrid
Country flag
Invoice deals or less are available, numerous people on here have discussed them as of recent. $200 below invoice on mine, Feb 13, 2020. Dealers are recognizing they can't get allocations on 2020's if they have 2019's remaining

Last edited:

willskiGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Type R #26262
Country flag
i'd add that with the impending total collapse of the economy (and no, I don't think that that's an overstatement; I hope to god it doesn't happen but i think there is a very good chance it will) -- I think if you have the money and can wait another 3-4 weeks that you might be able to get a CTR (or any car for that matter) at invoice no problem. you might have to do it by buying it 'remotely' (the local dealerships around me (I live in MD) are sending out emails to any and all of their previous customers that they will sell you a car and deliver it and leave it at your house without any contact with a human whatsoever. the Chevy dealer closest to me where I bought my last chevy a several years ago emailed me today with an offer to buy any 2019 on their lot at extremely discounted price with 0 interest for 84 months and a 120 day grace period before 1st payment due! so ya, if you are a legit car buyer, right now til the next at least 4+ weeks you might be able to make the most killer deal in history. there are going to be dealerships that go under before this is over. maybe quite a lot of them.
Agreed.

OP, if you can wait until this time next month, it will be a total buyers market (if it isn't already). All of the dealers that now have ADMs or won't give discounts will be desperate for customers, especially in states with lockdown/shelter-in-place laws that effectively prohibit new car sales. Wait until late April or early May and you will able to get an incredible deal.

e30saam

First Name
Saam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
01 Integra GS-R, 95 BMW M3
Country flag
Wait a month. you'll be able to get one well under invoice. New cars sales are gonna plummet. Dealers will get desperate.

Boostlag

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
NC2 MX5 (Miata)
Country flag
i bet you can get a type R way under invoice right now. Dealers are empty. I just got a email from a VW dealership, all cars 0% 72month.

BryanCO

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 SGP CTR, 2007 GT3, 1993 Miata
Country flag
So you guys are predicting dealers will sell CTRs for less than invoice (ADM dealers drastically dropping prices) and for at or beyond a loss (invoice dealers also dropping prices). I suspect that dealers will be more worried about all of the Civics, Accords, Pilots, etc they have rather than the 1-2 CTR’s they might have sitting on the floor and which will sell once we are passed COVID-19.

e30saam

First Name
Saam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
So you guys are predicting dealers will sell CTRs for less than invoice (ADM dealers drastically dropping prices) and for at or beyond a loss (invoice dealers also dropping prices). I suspect that dealers will be more worried about all of the Civics, Accords, Pilots, etc they have rather than the 1-2 CTR’s they might have sitting on the floor and which will sell once we are passed COVID-19.
I sure they’ll be worried about all their inventory. Q1 is almost over. Dealers are not gonna hit their target. They’ll definitely wanna sell any of their cars. A sale is a sale. Think about it. It’s high volume civic. ADMs were only around cuz there were people willing to pay it. If no one is in the market for a new car. They will be happy to see it gone.

BryanCO

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 SGP CTR, 2007 GT3, 1993 Miata
Country flag
I sure they’ll be worried about all their inventory. Q1 is almost over. Dealers are not gonna hit their target. They’ll definitely wanna sell any of their cars. A sale is a sale. Think about it. It’s high volume civic. ADMs were only around cuz there were people willing to pay it. If no one is in the market for a new car. They will be happy to see it gone.
A sale is not a sale. There is a difference between a low margin, high volume sale vs a high margin (high here is MSRP, let alone with ADM), low volume, and the CTR is low volume considered at the individual dealer level.

OP
OP

CTRDON

First Name
Donnie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Chevrolet Camaro SS 1LE
Country flag
A sale is not a sale. There is a difference between a low margin, high volume sale vs a high margin (high here is MSRP, let alone with ADM), low volume, and the CTR is low volume considered at the individual dealer level.
I appreciate all the responses to my original post. I suspect that CTR pricing will likely come down to an individual dealerships financial situation and how it perceives weathering the pandemics effects going forward. When all this passes, I'm also guessing there will be fewer new cars sales given the state of the economy and potentially many folks loosing jobs at worst and income at best. Should make it a buyers market, but my recent conversations over the last few days with dealers certainly doesn't reflect that condition at all, at least not so far. I had a new cars sales mgr at a big dealership in Ohio (w/ 2 2019 CTR's on the floor) tell me point blank that most people don't do the level of research I do and that he felt very confident just waiting for "someone" to walk in and pay the $2K ADM over MSRP on his cars. He didn't even try to counter my invoice price offer. The smart thing as most have indicated is likely to just wait a bit to purchase and that's what I'm anticipating doing. I'm still trying, however, to line up the right car (2019 SGP Type R) at or below invoice so that when I get ready to pull the trigger, I have a few options to bargain with and move quickly to a purchase. The current process of making 10-20 calls to dealers a day trying to suss out real pricing is incredibly frustrating, as so many of you have already experienced. Several have suggested that there are invoice priced cars out there. Specifics would be helpful, where are they??? Thanks.

e30saam

First Name
Saam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
There’s a difference. But judging by the last recession I think these lower volume enthusiasts cars will end up being let go for deals. We will see. I hope they do!

Siiick

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 GT500, 20 Bolt EV, 19 Z06
Country flag
Wait a month. you'll be able to get one well under invoice. New cars sales are gonna plummet. Dealers will get desperate.
I don't doubt this for a second. For anyone with good job security, this will be an amazing time to be in the market for a new car. One of the Honda dealerships near me has already shut down for the next 2 weeks due to one of their employees testing positive with COVID-19. I'll be hitting them up when then they re-open to see how bad they want to get rid of their CTR's :popcorn:

Siiick

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 GT500, 20 Bolt EV, 19 Z06
Country flag
TBH though, I'm really just curious how much they will drop in price since I never bought into the whole CTR hype in the first place. Unless they are going to be giving them away, I've already got my heart set on a 2020 GT500. Licking my lips for a smoking deal on one of those babies

Honda Civic 10th gen 2019 CTR's at Invoice? 37u3g1
Sponsored