NoKz

Speed Limit Tester
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Si Coupe (Sold 12/2021)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Wife's car has stock FP, DP and Resonator, but deleted Mufflers. It gives the car a nice tone but is still quiet. I can hear her arriving based on deep tone and not pure noise when she gets home.
Sponsored

CanadiaegeanBlue

First Name
Humza
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Si Sedan - Aegean Blue Metallic
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Ah is AWE exhaust the entire exhaust system? Maybe my car knowledge is lacking but I thought you could have an aftermarket exhaust with a muffler delete and it would be louder
Ah ok. So yes there are multiple exhaust systems that you can purchase without a rear muffler section, and just a resonator in the middle as you can see at the bottom of my picture. AWE has always offered both styles for any car they make exhaust systems for, and they've made it so one can buy the piece separately that converts their Touring (rear muffler present) to Track (no rear muffler present) if they ever feel their system is too loud, or they'd like more sound.

I went with the Touring with Triple Black Tips on my Si. The Touring keeps it pretty civil with the aftermarket downpipe, Track would be rowdy for me personally but not as bad as a typical muffler delete, and even resonator delete as AWE maintains a quality of sound rather than just loud noise.

Honda Civic 10th gen Muffler delete for daily driving? IMG_20191130_173909

arpypat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Ah is AWE exhaust the entire exhaust system? Maybe my car knowledge is lacking but I thought you could have an aftermarket exhaust with a muffler delete and it would be louder
Our exhaust system comprises of:
- downpipe (w/catalytic converter)
- frontpipe
- resonator
- y-pipe
- 2 mufflers
- 1 HDMI tip

Everything after the frontpipe is welded into 1 large "exhaust system". Most aftermarket "catback" exhaust systems will replace everything after the frontpipe.

Typically, the term "catback" meant you would get everything from the cat and back, but our cars only have 1 cat and it's in the downpipe. So "catback" means everything after the frontpipe for our Si's.

Additionally, you can replace your downpipe and your frontpipe if you wanted to. As another member mentioned, you could choose to replace ONLY your frontpipe and downpipe if you wanted some more noise and power but won't wake your neighbors.

If you do end up getting an aftermarket downpipe, don't do a muffler and/or resonator delete. It will sound like donkey sh!t.

OP
OP
suhhh

suhhh

First Name
Kenny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Current: 2020 Civic Si Coupe Past: 2018 Civic Si Coupe, 2014 Prius, 2013 Civic LX 5spd
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Ah ok. So yes there are multiple exhaust systems that you can purchase without a rear muffler section, and just a resonator in the middle as you can see at the bottom of my picture. AWE has always offered both styles for any car they make exhaust systems for, and they've made it so one can buy the piece separately that converts their Touring (rear muffler present) to Track (no rear muffler present) if they ever feel their system is too loud, or they'd like more sound.

I went with the Touring with Triple Black Tips on my Si. The Touring keeps it pretty civil with the aftermarket downpipe, Track would be rowdy for me personally but not as bad as a typical muffler delete, and even resonator delete as AWE maintains a quality of sound rather than just loud noise.

IMG_20191130_173909.jpg
Thanks! Think I will probably be going with the track edition once I save up a bit.

OP
OP
suhhh

suhhh

First Name
Kenny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Current: 2020 Civic Si Coupe Past: 2018 Civic Si Coupe, 2014 Prius, 2013 Civic LX 5spd
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Our exhaust system comprises of:
- downpipe (w/catalytic converter)
- frontpipe
- resonator
- y-pipe
- 2 mufflers
- 1 HDMI tip

Everything after the frontpipe is welded into 1 large "exhaust system". Most aftermarket "catback" exhaust systems will replace everything after the frontpipe.

Typically, the term "catback" meant you would get everything from the cat and back, but our cars only have 1 cat and it's in the downpipe. So "catback" means everything after the frontpipe for our Si's.

Additionally, you can replace your downpipe and your frontpipe if you wanted to. As another member mentioned, you could choose to replace ONLY your frontpipe and downpipe if you wanted some more noise and power but won't wake your neighbors.

If you do end up getting an aftermarket downpipe, don't do a muffler and/or resonator delete. It will sound like donkey sh!t.
Appreciate this a ton. I've always been into cars as a kid but I'm just recently getting into the whole performance segment, always exciting learning how our cars work and the different parts.

koriw1.5

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Honda Civic SI Coupe
Country flag
I would recommend a downpipe over muffler delete. Get some cackle and throatiness instead of drone. A delete or full exhaust wont give you any performance difference, the oem downpipe on the other hand is pretty big and heavy and restrictive. I run rv6 catted dp and front pipe with invidia gemini r400 exhaust. Id say do dp first and if you want more add full exhaust. I hate rev matching without the roar to go with it, feels so lame.
I just did the catless fp/dp from megan racing and left stock resonator and mufflers. Pretty loud droning at cold start. Then it calms down at normal idle. I think it's a little obnoxious in the 4500-5500 rpm range. Sounds like bees in a 400 gallon aluminum trash can. Will be making some changes soon. I do like the fact that when I blip the gas peddle, it gurgles like........ EARGASMIC.

Last edited:

freezingmoon

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 civic si coupe
Country flag
Muffler delete was the worst thing I did to my si... the sound is horrible... it’s too loud at cold start, it crackles and pops on shifts and Decel and is literally one of the worst things you want to hear out of your car... had I know I would have never done it and I definitely don’t recommend it...
this coming from someone who has run very high horsepower turbo civics with open downpipe, k series swapped civics with header and straight pipe etc... the 1.5l with muffler delete sounds like junk and only a ricer that has no idea will tell you otherwise... trust that.

integraboi

First Name
Noah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Sport, Mk4 Jetta VR6
Country flag
My buddy has a muffler delete on his si. It sounds great
Muffler delete was the worst thing I did to my si... the sound is horrible... it’s too loud at cold start, it crackles and pops on shifts and Decel and is literally one of the worst things you want to hear out of your car... had I know I would have never done it and I definitely don’t recommend it...
this coming from someone who has run very high horsepower turbo civics with open downpipe, k series swapped civics with header and straight pipe etc... the 1.5l with muffler delete sounds like junk and only a ricer that has no idea will tell you otherwise... trust that.
Really? My buddy has a muffler delete on his si and I think it sounds pretty good... Maybe I'm just jealous cause my 2.0 can't pop like that.

freezingmoon

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 civic si coupe
Country flag
My buddy has a muffler delete on his si. It sounds great

Really? My buddy has a muffler delete on his si and I think it sounds pretty good... Maybe I'm just jealous cause my 2.0 can't pop like that.

Well if that’s what your into... then go for it lol... “pops” smh...

Last edited:

Memogiyi

First Name
Guillermo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Si
Country flag
Crackles and pops, just for a muffler delete! I’m in! Sign me up!

it’s all preference. Some people are more adult and conservative, and may prefer to be low key. Others are more drawn to chaos/hooning and don’t give much care to being louder. All preference!

REBELXSi

Señor Member
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Si coupe RIP, '20 CRV EX-L Hybrid
Country flag
It's a bit louder than stock during a cold start up but other than that, if you drive carefully coming in and out of the apartment complex, you'll be fine.

CanadiaegeanBlue

First Name
Humza
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Si Sedan - Aegean Blue Metallic
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
If your 10th Gen sounds anything like this, you are doing it wrong. I can say that because that was me hating my car and being embarrassed to be in it for 3 days while I had still had the resonator in place but both mufflers deleted + catted DP and FP. Imagine if I had a catless DP :puke:

For comparison I will do this style video with my AWE Exhaust soon to share how that sounds. It is still paired up to the 27won Catted DP

Last edited:
OP
OP
suhhh

suhhh

First Name
Kenny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Yeah might just save up for an exhaust.. but at the same time I am young (23), the crackles and pops are so tempting but at the same time I don't want to be too obnoxious with it.

I see you're from Brooklyn tho, straight piped or muffler deletes and loud exhausts feel so common in Queens/BK haha
Sponsored