Someone dinged the F out of my passenger side!!

EdwarDallas

First Name
Edward
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Si
Country flag
So this happened this last day or so. Just noticed it this afternoon. It took some force to do. I am not even sure when or where it happened since it is on the passenger side and I always approach my car from the driver's side. Fuck. I think I'll put some touchup paint and then a gash sticker on it ‍♂‍♂

Edward

Honda Civic 10th gen Someone dinged the F out of my passenger side!! 5461AA3E-4F72-4D0B-BC7C-5D7AEFEF2514

Honda Civic 10th gen Someone dinged the F out of my passenger side!! 805B4498-9E2C-4701-A545-5ECAECFAFCD3

amirza786

First Name
A
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Polestar 2, 2010 Lexus IS 350 Sport
Country flag
Hey, sorry that happened. Most likely it was a car parked next to you that was maybe to close to you and hit you while backing out. This happened to me, except they tore a small gash in the side of my bumper cover. Accidents happen, but the right thing to do is leave a note.

The moment I get a scratch or a dent from someone careless, I basically say that it's now officially broken in

EDIT

Taking another look, they might have opened the door to hard, hitting your door

OP
OP
EdwarDallas

EdwarDallas

First Name
Edward
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Si
Country flag
Hey, sorry that happened. Most likely it was a car parked next to you that was maybe to close to you and hit you while backing out. This happened to me, except they tore a small gash in the side of my bumper cover. Accidents happen, but the right thing to do is leave a note.

The moment I get a scratch or a dent from someone careless, I basically say that it's now officially broken in

EDIT

Taking another look, they might have opened the door to hard, hitting your door
Yeah, they opened a door with force!! No note was left. Assholes.

sLing

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Type R
Someone hit my sidemirror while I was in the car... Some people just don't give a fuck..

OP
OP
EdwarDallas

EdwarDallas

First Name
Edward
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Si
Country flag
If I opened my door on someones car with that much force I think my door would get damaged more lol
I thought this too. Probably someone in a crappy old truck who doesn't give a fuck.

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Cosmic Blue EX-L Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
I will tell you (as someone who sadly parks on parking lots 24/7) that our 10th gen Civics door panels are the thinnest of any car I've owned. It takes very little impact to dent them.

Deleted User 1886347

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Si
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Oh god I’d be livid if that happened to me.

My insurance covers crap like this with no deductible so honestly thats what I would do, but if you don’t have the right coverage or if your rates will get jacked, I’d just clean that spot missing paint and touch it up. Maybe even look into paintless dent removal if that’s an option?

saz468

First Name
Stan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 civic EX Aegean blue metallic
Country flag
It looks high enough to be a pickup or suv
Sorry to see this but I know you’re pain I spent over $200.00 bucks to get little dents out of my car using paintless dent removal guys unfortunately you have these inconsiderate idiot s
In parking lots

Last edited:

SDAlexander8

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17’ Si FC3, 17’ Accord 2dr V6 6MT, 22’ RL RTL-E
Country flag
Most likely an SUV full of kids who’s parent parked real close and they just shoved open the doors with no remorse.

It’s an absolutely gutting feeling walking up to your brand new car you care about and seeing any kind if ding caused by careless people. Especially if you have no choice but to park next to these kinds of people.

Siiick

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 GT500, 20 Bolt EV, 19 Z06
Country flag
Dammit, sorry to hear! I think a good paintless dent repair shop could make most of it disappear though.

j_vang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 SI Coupe
Country flag
Jesus.....i'd just repaint it and have the dent fixed at the same time. If you can't afford it now maybe some touch up paint and a PDR guy. Someone dinged me too on my driver's side quarter panel but I had a bad ass PDR guy fix it. Luckily I had no paint damage. Sorry to hear though.

Honda Civic 10th gen Someone dinged the F out of my passenger side!! inCollage_20200304_125757909

Hajidub

Honda driver, vintage stereo enthusiast
First Name
Joseph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic YES
Country flag
Happened to mine last month, a 5” crease with paint loss. $1250 to fix.

OP
OP
EdwarDallas

EdwarDallas

First Name
Edward
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Si
Country flag
Jesus.....i'd just repaint it and have the dent fixed at the same time. If you can't afford it now maybe some touch up paint and a PDR guy. Someone dinged me too on my driver's side quarter panel but I had a bad ass PDR guy fix it. Luckily I had no paint damage. Sorry to hear though.

inCollage_20200304_125757909.jpg

Wow!. They did a good job! Yeah, it being on the crease-I was not sure if it could even be taken out.

bigdodog

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Si 18 / Civic Type R 19
Country flag
I am so sorry to see that. Better have it fixed sooner than later because it looks like the ding was quite deep. You don’t want it to rust.

I hate these careless people and I developed a parking spot selection process to prevent it. Like always try to find a corner spot, avoid parking next to old Toyotas. Avoid parking next to a car with glittering license plate frame. Etc. It takes much longer to park but so far it works well for me
Sponsored