KTuner Extended Testing And Tune Results

R-00152

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Type R
Country flag
I tried that. Every table is still blank. When i load the other tunes I see the tables. But not when I load the PRL tune.

Honda Civic 10th gen KTuner Extended Testing And Tune Results IMG_20200306_063319
Sponsored

ManfromRI

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17' CW Civic Type R
Country flag
Ah ok. Sorry, I haven't opened the PRL tune. We'll, that's usually where they are

Dan0974

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Supercharged 2009 Civic Si, 2017 ABM Civic Type R
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
ktuner screenshot.jpg

So I uploaded the PRL Bolt On tune, how come the maps are blank? Is it suppose to be like that?
I asked KTuner and they said it’s a partially locked file so some of the tables are not viewable.

jcp227

First Name
Jimmy Mack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Type R, 1998 Oldsmobile Intrigue (It's even got a rear spoiler)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I'm excited to try this out. I am pretty much done with my bolt-on components. This will hold me over until I can get my car to DRob for a custom tune. Thanks KTuner!

JSmoothBui

Jims_CTR
First Name
Jimmy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Type R - 16626 - Championship White
Country flag
I'm excited to try this out. I am pretty much done with my bolt-on components. This will hold me over until I can get my car to DRob for a custom tune. Thanks KTuner!
You won’t regret the DRob tune. Car will feel amazing afterwards and you’ll have the peace of mind knowing the tune is reliable for the car.

ZdH

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ACURA TSX Superchrged, 2010 Honda Accord, 1999 Honda Accord
Country flag
@KTuner which tune would you recommend if you just have the PRL intake and Intercooler?

remc86007

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Type R
Country flag
Thanks again for the new tune! It feels great. Even with my own significant reductions to the torque tables for 1st and 2nd gear, it is painfully obvious that I need to focus on traction now rather than more power. The stock conti's can only handle this power in 3rd gear on smooth pavement above 65F. I will be upgrading to something else once these contis are gone.

I do wish you guys would add ignition timing based traction control to ktuner; I'd gladly pay extra for it. I was reminded of how fun good low speed acceleration can be yesterday when I rode in my friend's G37 with 265 size rear summer tires. He can floor it in first gear and put all 300+ HP to the ground with no loss of traction. I know our cars physically can't do that, but good traction control would help quite a bit.

CincyTypeR

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Type R #0426. 2014 Accord Coupe V6
Country flag
Thanks again for the new tune! It feels great. Even with my own significant reductions to the torque tables for 1st and 2nd gear, it is painfully obvious that I need to focus on traction now rather than more power. The stock conti's can only handle this power in 3rd gear on smooth pavement above 65F. I will be upgrading to something else once these contis are gone.

I do wish you guys would add ignition timing based traction control to ktuner; I'd gladly pay extra for it. I was reminded of how fun good low speed acceleration can be yesterday when I rode in my friend's G37 with 265 size rear summer tires. He can floor it in first gear and put all 300+ HP to the ground with no loss of traction. I know our cars physically can't do that, but good traction control would help quite a bit.
Feel the same that certain features I would pay for to add. Wondering if the other tuner option really has a true patented on it and why we haven't seen it. While I feel that the Ktuner was getting stone walled on that and working on a fueling option for the FK8. Since I have been wondering how 4piston has been doing with their fuel pump they have. Really hope @KTuner can get some options rolling for us (traction control, support for upgraded fueling, EGT disable).

Last edited:

fk8mike

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
civic type r
Country flag
The dyno sheet for the PRL Full Bolt-on tune was added to the website.
nice, but the stage1 doted line isnt the same has the previous one? why

Honda Civic 10th gen KTuner Extended Testing And Tune Results Stage1vsOEM

stage1 vs prl map
Honda Civic 10th gen KTuner Extended Testing And Tune Results Stage1vsPRLFBO