civilcivicguy

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Si, 1954 Corvette, 1959 Bugeye Sprite
Country flag
My dealer had a $10K dealer add on a black 2019 Type R sitting in his showroom. I jokingly said we could start to talk a deal if he would tear up the dealer add-on sticker. Bottom line, they are offering me the car for no markup and $22,000 for my performance package optioned 2019 Civic Si Coupe in trade. What do you think about this deal?

Don :feedback:
Sponsored

NapalmEnema

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 M2, 2022 Audi RS3, ex2019, now 2021Type R!
Country flag
I got mine for 35750 - I live in Houston and traveled to Lafayette LA to buy - Just be willing to travel and get a deal you're comfortable with. At MSRP they aren't very aggressive, but you may be getting more for your trade than you are expecting / you would need to research that part. Most of the time dealerships put you under on the trade in. I'd sell private party, then find the R on your terms if it were me.

Good luck

josh8604

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 CTR BBP
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I am not sure if that is a good deal for your trade in but to get the CTR without the $10K markup, I'd do it!

Broin

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘20 CW Type R, '19 Acura RDX A-Spec
Country flag
Is that $22,000 out the door? If so, it sounds like they value your Si at around $18,000. If you feel you could get more than $18k for your Si, I would sell private party and then buy the type R. Trading it in saves a decent amount of hassle though.

boosted180sx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 CTR, 2016 ILX
Country flag
Is that $22,000 out the door? If so, it sounds like they value your Si at around $18,000. If you feel you could get more than $18k for your Si, I would sell private party and then buy the type R. Trading it in saves a decent amount of hassle though.
i may be wrong but I think hes saying, the dealer will sell him the CTR for no mark up and is offering 22k for the SI.

OP
OP
civilcivicguy

civilcivicguy

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Si, 1954 Corvette, 1959 Bugeye Sprite
Country flag
I am not sure if that is a good deal for your trade in but to get the CTR without the $10K markup, I'd do it!
I couldn't find a value for an Si with the performance suspension option, but I asked 23-24K and they offered 22K. I'm not sure about the 2019 CTR. The new ones have improvements in cooling and handling. Is cooling on the 2019 that much of a problem?

BoostedDreams

First Name
Heisenburg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Type R, 2006 Mazda 6
Country flag
I couldn't find a value for an Si with the performance suspension option, but I asked 23-24K and they offered 22K. I'm not sure about the 2019 CTR. The new ones have improvements in cooling and handling. Is cooling on the 2019 that much of a problem?
Never experienced an overheating problem on my 19 and i live in Florida. It has more to do with severe track use. Not spirited daily driving.

tinyman392

First Name
Marcus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Civic Type R (RR)
Country flag
My dealer had a $10K dealer add on a black 2019 Type R sitting in his showroom. I jokingly said we could start to talk a deal if he would tear up the dealer add-on sticker. Bottom line, they are offering me the car for no markup and $22,000 for my performance package optioned 2019 Civic Si Coupe in trade. What do you think about this deal?

Don :feedback:
So they're offering MSRP for the Type R so about 36,500 and you're getting 22,000 for your car which probably isn't too bad. The million dollar question here is, how much do you owe on your car right now? If you're upside-down right now, do you really want to flick that onto the payments for the Type R also? If you don't mind the Honda Sensing I personally would also look at a 2020 as I feel that's a much better value still.

Never experienced an overheating problem on my 19 and i live in Florida. It has more to do with severe track use. Not spirited daily driving.
I've experienced intercooler heat soak one too many times while driving spiritedly. It's really annoying when it happens. But in everyday driving, I think that's all the heat soak that could possibly happen? I'll find out this summer I guess.

BryanCO

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 SGP CTR, 2007 GT3, 1993 Miata
Country flag
Not knowing tax laws in your state (do you get the benefit if the trade in), I would consider the two dealers separately.

MSRP for a 2019 is just ok. Invoice is available but you may need to travel/ship.

You need to know how much your car is really worth before you talk real numbers.

BoostedDreams

First Name
Heisenburg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Type R, 2006 Mazda 6
Country flag
So they're offering MSRP for the Type R so about 36,500 and you're getting 22,000 for your car which probably isn't too bad. The million dollar question here is, how much do you owe on your car right now? If you're upside-down right now, do you really want to flick that onto the payments for the Type R also? If you don't mind the Honda Sensing I personally would also look at a 2020 as I feel that's a much better value still.

I've experienced intercooler heat soak one too many times while driving spiritedly. It's really annoying when it happens. But in everyday driving, I think that's all the heat soak that could possibly happen? I'll find out this summer I guess.
I think he’s referring to the actual engine over heating, not the IAT’s. The stock IC is not sufficient though and you definitely feel power fluctuations

josh8604

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 CTR BBP
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Good luck with trading the car in, I don't know how much you paid so I am no authority if that is a good deal or not. However, I have a 2019 CBP CTR and have owned it for just about a year now. I have not had any overheating issues but I have never tracked the car either. I always allow time for the car to warm up before driving spiritedly. Even though it doesn't have the 2 piece rotors up front the brakes are still amazing! 2020 gets minor updates to the front fascia to allow more air flow. I live in Central Florida where there is lots of traffic, humidity and bad drivers and I have never overheated. For most of the 2020 improvements you can add them later on if you want, or you could wait and try to get a 2020 with all those upgrades installed from factory.

CTRHONDATA

Banned
Banned
First Name
CK
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CTR
Country flag
Good luck with trading the car in, I don't know how much you paid so I am no authority if that is a good deal or not. However, I have a 2019 CBP CTR and have owned it for just about a year now. I have not had any overheating issues but I have never tracked the car either. I always allow time for the car to warm up before driving spiritedly. Even though it doesn't have the 2 piece rotors up front the brakes are still amazing! 2020 gets minor updates to the front fascia to allow more air flow. I live in Central Florida where there is lots of traffic, humidity and bad drivers and I have never overheated. For most of the 2020 improvements you can add them later on if you want, or you could wait and try to get a 2020 with all those upgrades installed from factory.
i am thinking about dumping my 2018 with 8k miles on it and getting a tesla model AWD makes sense in snow climates , however anyone know the resale on teslas? tired of honda dealers all in bed togeather marking up this car. I might just drive the shit out of it until next gen and say screw the sensing BS. In a few years teslas will have 320+ mile ranges 0-60 2.9 sec

alvav

First Name
Leonidas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Type R, 2019 Acura NSX
...or, in a few years, Tesla may be bankrupt.
Sponsored