What did you do to your Civic today? (II)

kittyrichie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Hatchback Sport
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Thanks everyone for the replies, the car still drives fine. I didn't notice it until I had my tires rotated. I'm pretty sure there's no way it was done when my tires were rotated at Honda. I only went there for my last free oil change, now I'll be doing my own oil change. They overfilled my tires with air. I'm pretty sure the bend is from Mr hitting a pothole a week ago. I'm personally going to keep riding on them until I find a good deal on another one. Then after I get another one, I'll get this one fixed I'll use it as a spare.
Be careful. I experienced a bent wheel (didn't notice at first) and it eventually rubbed the tire, resulting in a flat. Lucky I didn't have a blowout.
Sponsored

arbies

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Blue Civic Sedan Touring
Country flag
A great philosopher once asked, "to mudflap, or not to mudflap... that is the question".

My car came with them, but my son convinced me that removing them would look better. I think I agree with him.

Honda Civic 10th gen What did you do to your Civic today? (II) mud_flaps

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Cosmic Blue EX-L Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
A great philosopher once asked, "to mudflap, or not to mudflap... that is the question".

My car came with them, but my son convinced me that removing them would look better. I think I agree with him.

mud_flaps.png
All personal taste I guess but I think Civic's look sportier with the mud guards. Plus, they actually serve a function.

Either way though your car looks good.

hfpdohc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hatch 2017 M/T
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I’m just north of Cincy on eibach pro, ride isn’t much different from how I remember the stocks feeling, I like them. With the front lip and springs, have to be pretty careful of driveways & curbs to not scrape

541A55A7-474D-4315-9EE0-383B9046EC26.jpeg
nice!!!! do you have the link for theses rear splitters?

disgraced.fk8

IG: @break_ya_neck_fk7
First Name
Drew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Boost Blue Type R
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
All personal taste I guess but I think Civic's look sportier with the mud guards. Plus, they actually serve a function.

Either way though your car looks good.
I agree on both notes - However the OEM ones do look a bit odd. So definitely looks better to me without those ones. However, I do think the RallyArmour PU ones like I have are fantastic, and look great on every car I've seen. Especially if you can match your accent color like I did with the red. You'll regret not having them when rocks and debris start chipping out behind your wheel wells. Mine were pretty rough after the 1 month without guards when I first got this car. ONE MONTH! High quality paint we've got...

hfpdohc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hatch 2017 M/T
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag

mud_flaps.png
flows better with the flaps on

DoctorC

First Name
Christopher
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Honda Civic Hatchback Sport Touring in Sonic Gray
Country flag
I did my first "overtake" on the freeway this morning and it felt amazing. I'm still not hammering on the car because it only has 200 miles on it but I didnt want to stay behind a rock truck so I put it into a lower "gear" (CVT) and let her eat until I got around it. It felt so damn good. Definitely a big difference in the torque feel when you're at speed compared to a dead stop when the turbo needs to spool.

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
I did my first "overtake" on the freeway this morning and it felt amazing. I'm still not hammering on the car because it only has 200 miles on it but I didnt want to stay behind a rock truck so I put it into a lower "gear" (CVT) and let her eat until I got around it. It felt so damn good. Definitely a big difference in the torque feel when you're at speed compared to a dead stop when the turbo needs to spool.
That 3,000-4000 rpm mid-range is surprisingly potent, even in stock form.

DoctorC

First Name
Christopher
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
That 3,000-4000 rpm mid-range is surprisingly potent, even in stock form.
Totally, it is sort of night and day when you're in the power band compared to accelerating from a dig. Still pretty fun to go from a stop but I was not expecting it to pull the way it did today. Felt like I was driving my old Infiniti for a second lol.

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Totally, it is sort of night and day when you're in the power band compared to accelerating from a dig. Still pretty fun to go from a stop but I was not expecting it to pull the way it did today. Felt like I was driving my old Infiniti for a second lol.
The 1.5T CVT is an awesome highway passing machine. Fun actually. My gripe stock was that the combination of CVT/ turbo lag takes away a bit from off the line fun. The nice thing for me is that tuning has mostly corrected this and it really has satisfying power in any situation.

DoctorC

First Name
Christopher
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
The 1.5T CVT is an awesome highway passing machine. Fun actually. My gripe stock was that the combination of CVT/ turbo lag takes away a bit from off the line fun. The nice thing for me is that tuning has mostly corrected this and it really has satisfying power in any situation.
I would definitely like to see what the tune feels like. Perhaps one day I'll get the balls to try to do it myself lol.
Sponsored