[INTERIOR]LCD Screen Cleaning

Nicoleef

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CIVIC 2016 EX-T
Hello, I have a Honda Civic EX-T, MX version so is the same, i got it like a month ago, and i remove it like 2 weeks ago the LCD protection, when i saw some dust on the LCD screen i gently pass a 3M microfiber just to remove the dust, but i saw some minor scratches on the surface, is the LCD really that sensitive to scratches? now i clean it with an air can, but the grease from the fingers is still on the LCD screen.

Any tips on how to clean it without scratching it?

Adding a photo when i get home.
Thank you.
Sponsored

OP
OP

Nicoleef

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CIVIC 2016 EX-T
Thank you for the quick answers, i just ordered the cleaner and the protector, looks great. :D

Javex

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sedan EX WOP - Aero Kit/Wing Spoiler
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Oh man! the screen protector sounds great but $40 for me to get it in Canada. Any idea of where to get one here? or another online place that is more reasonably priced?

virtual888

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic Touring
Vehicle Showcase
I never bother to get an official screen protector from Honda. I just put on one for a 7 inch tablet and it fits perfectly.

Javex

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I never bother to get an official screen protector from Honda. I just put on one for a 7 inch tablet and it fits perfectly.
Dam it! hahahaha you are a genius. I do not have the car yet... I am picking it up in about 1 hour lol. So I been reading the forums for a week now and getting ready for everything. I was so focused... I forgot its just a square. I guess then you can get those antiglare and fancy stuff ones.

Thank you!

virtual888

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic Touring
Vehicle Showcase
Dam it! hahahaha you are a genius. I do not have the car yet... I am picking it up in about 1 hour lol. So I been reading the forums for a week now and getting ready for everything. I was so focused... I forgot its just a square. I guess then you can get those antiglare and fancy stuff ones.

Thank you!
well hell ya lol, you can get them mirror ones if you want. Congrats on your new car, WOP with Aero kit is going to look sexy. You are going to love the infotainment system, i know there were many complaints made on here but it works fine for me. If everything fails, just restart the unit and it will fix your problem 90% of time. Even phones need to restart sometimes, i don't think it's that horrible.

Javex

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
well hell ya lol, you can get them mirror ones if you want. Congrats on your new car, WOP with Aero kit is going to look sexy. You are going to love the infotainment system, i know there were many complaints made on here but it works fine for me. If everything fails, just restart the unit and it will fix your problem 90% of time. Even phones need to restart sometimes, i don't think it's that horrible.
THANKS!

I went around and couldn't find the right one but I will order something good from amazon. Anything I touched.... got finger prints everywhere. I dunno what the dealer put on it but... I hate it. I will need to detail it in a few weeks.

First "mod" was the licence plate cover.... still a virgin kinda thing but I have plans..... here she is

Honda Civic 10th gen [INTERIOR]LCD Screen Cleaning IMG_4630

added more pictures HERE

Last edited:

virtual888

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic Touring
Vehicle Showcase
THANKS!

I went around and couldn't find the right one but I will order something good from amazon. Anything I touched.... got finger prints everywhere. I dunno what the dealer put on it but... I hate it. I will need to detail it in a few weeks.

First "mod" was the licence plate cover.... still a virgin kinda thing but I have plans..... here she is

added more pictures HERE
Ok here, I was bored, so i just PS your car with tinted windows and lights, how you like that ? lol
Honda Civic 10th gen [INTERIOR]LCD Screen Cleaning JT_Civic_Tint

Javex

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Ok here, I was bored, so i just PS your car with tinted windows and lights, how you like that ? lol
JT_Civic_Tint.jpg
HAHAHA! Nice... thanks man! I am already sold on the tinting. I just got it yesterday and everyone is booked. I found a guy that might do it on Monday. I am a graphic designer so I beat you to it. I also did my impression of the wrapped roof but I need to go check the materials and see how much and who can do it. You add some black to the lights? It looks badass. In real life I dunno if it would look cheep. I found a spray that you can use to "fog" them but I think is permanent. I am not sure if I want to do that.

Oh and I just ordered from amazon my screen protector! 11.28 CAD ... so like 2 cents for you lol. Comes with free shipping. Hopefully it works great.

Check it out HERE: https://www.amazon.ca/gp/product/B005KK4S3U/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

virtual888

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic Touring
Vehicle Showcase
HAHAHA! Nice... thanks man! I am already sold on the tinting. I just got it yesterday and everyone is booked. I found a guy that might do it on Monday. I am a graphic designer so I beat you to it. I also did my impression of the wrapped roof but I need to go check the materials and see how much and who can do it. You add some black to the lights? It looks badass. In real life I dunno if it would look cheep. I found a spray that you can use to "fog" them but I think is permanent. I am not sure if I want to do that.

Oh and I just ordered from amazon my screen protector! 11.28 CAD ... so like 2 cents for you lol. Comes with free shipping. Hopefully it works great.

Check it out HERE: https://www.amazon.ca/gp/product/B005KK4S3U/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1
well damn ya, you are graphic designer, i didn't even pay attention haha, well, i wouldn't change anything major permanent just in case i wake up one day and find it ugly then i'm stuck with it lol. that's why i love plastic dip, what a genius idea. i want to keep my car moderate look, neither too stock nor too fancy. don't wanna attract cops, this ain't GTA can't afford that Pay 'n' Spray all day lol

Javex

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I just scratched my screen! Oh man. Don't know if it's permanent. Any clue how to remove it? The protector is on its way

virtual888

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic Touring
Vehicle Showcase
I just scratched my screen! Oh man. Don't know if it's permanent. Any clue how to remove it? The protector is on its way
What? You've already scratched it! Try some suggestions people said here i guess.. When i got the car, there was a protective film, i kept it on utill i put on screen protector so i never touched bare screen. Anyway, i set up my garage :)
Sponsored