◢◤
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Hatchback Sport
Country flag
So, I wanted to get rear bumper reflector lights and I have no experience wiring whatsoever. Are there any shops that I can go to? Possibly a shop that is nation wide? Meaning shops that are located in multiple states and are trusted by you all. I'm located in the Wake Forest/ Raleigh North Carolina area. I know some shops around my location, but I'm avoiding them due to past issues with previous jobs done by those shops. I understand how to remove the rear bumper and the original reflector strips, but have no clue on wiring. Thank you!
Sponsored

shoegazer

assistant to the assistant manager
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic LX Coupe 2.0 (CVT)
Country flag
Have you already bought a kit or do you have a diagram that you plan to use?

TAO Auto is full of Honda dudes. But I don't know if they have any expertise re: aftermarket electrical stuff.

OP
OP
ultraviolence

ultraviolence

◢◤
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Have you already bought a kit or do you have a diagram that you plan to use?

TAO Auto is full of Honda dudes. But I don't know if they have any expertise re: aftermarket electrical stuff.
I bought the kit and have the wiring diagram. I just figured that I can use quick splices. Seems like an easier way to wire and I plan on wrapping the wires in electrical tape!

shoegazer

assistant to the assistant manager
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic LX Coupe 2.0 (CVT)
Country flag
My only suggestions are to determine and respect the differences in the brake light, tail light, and reverse light power wires. Pull those fuses before you do your thing. I like to add a few small zip ties to the electrical tape to hold the stuff in place when the tape inevitably dries out. Make sure the new wires' path is free of sharp edges that may wear through over time. And if the fuse blows afterward; don't be tempted to replace it with a higher value fuse. And afterward... check it from time to time. Backing up into a parking spot with a glass window behind it (like a storefront) is an easy way to do this. Don't be one of those guys driving around with no brake lights after a DIY mod.

mrturtle8088

First Name
Ivan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic
Country flag
So, I wanted to get rear bumper reflector lights and I have no experience wiring whatsoever. Are there any shops that I can go to? Possibly a shop that is nation wide? Meaning shops that are located in multiple states and are trusted by you all. I'm located in the Wake Forest/ Raleigh North Carolina area. I know some shops around my location, but I'm avoiding them due to past issues with previous jobs done by those shops. I understand how to remove the rear bumper and the original reflector strips, but have no clue on wiring. Thank you!
If you are doing the mustang style lights. I have pictures on how I wired mine. Lmk if you need them

OP
OP
ultraviolence

ultraviolence

◢◤
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
If you are doing the mustang style lights. I have pictures on how I wired mine. Lmk if you need them
If you can send or post the picture, that would be great!

mrturtle8088

First Name
Ivan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic
Country flag
If you can send or post the picture, that would be great!
Basically it’s only 3 wires. A red,black and grey/white looking one. Red is connected to the black plug on the positive looking side. Black and grey is connected to the blue plug. Black is connected to the M1 side and grey to the positive side.

Honda Civic 10th gen Wiring rear bumper reflector lights 09767864-AD23-49E9-A053-7F07B0C3D2E8

Honda Civic 10th gen Wiring rear bumper reflector lights 3C2BC883-0080-4418-A893-C419E24072A8

OP
OP
ultraviolence

ultraviolence

◢◤
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
My only suggestions are to determine and respect the differences in the brake light, tail light, and reverse light power wires. Pull those fuses before you do your thing. I like to add a few small zip ties to the electrical tape to hold the stuff in place when the tape inevitably dries out. Make sure the new wires' path is free of sharp edges that may wear through over time. And if the fuse blows afterward; don't be tempted to replace it with a higher value fuse. And afterward... check it from time to time. Backing up into a parking spot with a glass window behind it (like a storefront) is an easy way to do this. Don't be one of those guys driving around with no brake lights after a DIY mod.
Yeah, I already noticed that I have to differentiate each wire, plus I got a friend to help me wire them and we decided to solder them, instead of using the quick splices.

SAKE BOMB

First Name
Ralphi
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Honda Civic EX Hatchback
Country flag
Hello, I’m interested. Can you send over to me how you wired your; pls.

mrturtle8088

First Name
Ivan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic
Country flag
Basically you wanna wore it the same way I have it wired in the picture in this thread. Red wire to the black plug but on the positive side. Black wire which is ground to the blue plug with the M1 side. And the white one to the positive of the blue plug. This way they act as brake lights during the day and they are on constantly when the headlights are on.

vtecr

First Name
FK
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FK7 GT-Spec Daily, EP3 Type-R, EP1 Project, EU7 Beater (+ others I care less about...)
Country flag
No offence intended to mrturtle but you really shouldn't attach wiring as shown in the images above. It can be dangerous and you'll likely effect the weather sealing on the plug too. Splice into the wiring directly and leave the plug alone.

I bought these reflector lights too but I've yet to fit them. I also have some 4 pin Deutche male and female plugs that I'll be using so that the connection is water tight and also removable when the bumper is coming off.
Sponsored