CDNTyper

First Name
Travis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 FK8 1999 turbo EK
Country flag
Hey dads of the FK8 life. I need your opinion and advice. My son is about to move into the stage 1/2 car seat. Obviously I can’t go forward facing YET but I’m looking to buy a seat that will do forward and rear facing. But my biggest concern is the depth from my rear seat to my passenger seat with the car seat facing the rear. I’d perfer to not have the passenger seat all the way forward everytime I have to load up the little guy.

What seats are you guys using for compact cars? How much room does the passenger get? Can you post any pictures and link to brands that are compact for this situation please and thank you.

I’m looking at the diono radian 3xrt but would like to see what works for you guys before I go ahead and buy.
Sponsored

CTR_FTW

First Name
Trey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Type R #30909
Country flag
My daughter is 10mo and I have her in a Graco 4ever DXL. It's a convertible seat that had great safety ratings. I have her in the middle (some people say that's the best place and some are against it). I put a towel down to level out the seat and it's been great. I'm 6'2 and didn't have to move my seat or the passenger seat up at all, you can actually see the spare bit of room.

Honda Civic 10th gen Car seat rear facing in FK8 IMG_20200209_173344

OP
OP

CDNTyper

First Name
Travis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 FK8 1999 turbo EK
Country flag
My daughter is 10mo and I have her in a Graco 4ever DXL. It's a convertible seat that had great safety ratings. I have her in the middle (some people say that's the best place and some are against it). I put a towel down to level out the seat and it's been great. I'm 6'2 and didn't have to move my seat or the passenger seat up at all, you can actually see the spare bit of room.

IMG_20200209_173344.jpg
unfortunately I have a super protective wife that will not let me put the car seat in the middle. IF you had it behind the passenger would it be tight in the front seat? Wish I could toss it in the middle:/

CTR_FTW

First Name
Trey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Type R #30909
Country flag
The passenger side would have to go up a bit...I really don't know how comfortable your passenger would be hahaha

PMM-R22024

First Name
Vannack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 PMM Civic Type R #22024
Country flag
Here’s mine. We have a 3 year old and a 2 year old both still rear facing. I purchased a Blk/red stitched seat protector from Amazon and whenever I remove seats for cleaning I don’t get those deep dents from the car seats.

Honda Civic 10th gen Car seat rear facing in FK8 392936F6-E1A6-44D6-84F0-15290C8BF7A5

Honda Civic 10th gen Car seat rear facing in FK8 767B8269-E51C-499F-A063-715A7605BE47

Honda Civic 10th gen Car seat rear facing in FK8 C2C5E100-14A3-45C6-889F-F608D457DBA0

View attachment 198513

Attachments

• 0 bytes Views: 0

jasonjm

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Type-R
Country flag
I also rock dual car seats.

However I must tell you all install the rear seat covers. Ones that cover the entire seat, not just the bottom seat part. When they go front facing you’ll need a back seat cover for the fronts. No amount of “explaining” will make your kids not want to accidentally kick the seats.

They get older and the want to kick and make things dirty.

J o n

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 Z/28, '22 Ridgeline , '22 CR-V Hybrid
Country flag
unfortunately I have a super protective wife that will not let me put the car seat in the middle. IF you had it behind the passenger would it be tight in the front seat? Wish I could toss it in the middle:/
Nothing wrong or unsafe about putting it in the middle. Safer from an impact/crash, 100%. Explain that to her.

Graco's SlimFit 3-in-1 Convertible is compact in all dimensions. Takes up less space than their snuglock 30/35 carriers, with regard to depth (front to back).

Miro

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Si, 2016 Pilot (wife's)
Country flag
We've been through our fair share of car seats. We just got some Dionos for my wife's pilot so we could sit the kids next to each other. I can't believe how well made these are for the price, especially over the previous Gracos and other brands we have tried. We haven't done the Dionos rear-facing but they really seem to specialize in being compact but comfortable. I would definitely recommend doing some research on them before making a decision. I think they have a $50 off coupon on their site right now so you can get some models for $150.

Definitely echo what folks are saying about the seat covers. Get one that covers the whole back seat if you can because crumbs, spit up, and other baby particles will go everywhere. Also some 303 protectant isn't a bad idea either.

VinRRR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
R16017
Country flag
Not sure where your wife get that from but the middle is supposed to be the safest place for the kid. The cons is that it’s a pain the ass because you’ll have to reach all the way in there or climbing onto the rear seat.

jasonjm

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Type-R
Country flag
Not sure where your wife get that from but the middle is supposed to be the safest place for the kid. The cons is that it’s a pain the ass because you’ll have to reach all the way in there or climbing onto the rear seat.
Correct, statistically middle is safest.

MstrSHAKE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 CW CTR
Country flag
Wait, we can still have it setup in the middle? Even if it’s not an actual seat?

edit: drunk

Last edited:

Ouhei

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 CW CTR
Country flag
We use a Britax B-Safe 35 and it’s a decent fit. Had to move the passenger seat up a tiny bit but it’s still comfortable room wise. He’s gonna be too big for it in a few months and I’m looking at a Diono for after.

Hwangtkd

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 CW Civic Type R
Country flag

IMG_20200209_173344.jpg
Just be careful, if you are "borrowing" the inner Latch hooks on the outer seats, they must measure 11 inches center to center. The 11 inch rule is federally mandated and all crash tests are done with this in mind. Meaning if the distance is greater than 11 inches and god forbid, you are involved in a crash, the Latch system may fail. Check out this article: https://carseatblog.com/31033/borrowing-latch-anchors/

jtmroczk

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Type R
Country flag
We use Cybex Sirona S in both cars, the passenger seat is up in position in the photo for rear facing but still works for average hight people.
Honda Civic 10th gen Car seat rear facing in FK8 F3241202-F830-4528-931A-498ED0B9CA50

Byron Sexton

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Mazdaspeed6, 2020 Civic Type R SGP #36784
Country flag
So nice to see the CTR is family ready.....This car CAN do it all.
Sponsored