MorrisGray

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Mazda3 5sp manual, 2012 Genesis sedan
Country flag
.... Color choice opinion for a 4 door Civic SI sedan ....
<> Does anyone have an opinion on the color choice between Black or Sonic Gray ? I think they are both considered to be a Pearl color. I think the Black hides the hideous fake vents better but I also thing the Sonic Gray may be more appealing to the eyes. To anyone that has an opinion or especially anyone that owns one of these colors, what do you think? Would you make the same choice again or what would you choose instead?
Thank you....

Correction here.... for the 4 door SI sedan ..... Not Sonic Gray but Modern Steel Metallic !
and it comes in Lunar Silver Metallic (Sorry for the mistake and thanks for your answers)
Sponsored

Last edited:

_dc_

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Coupe Touring
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I had a pearl black 8th gen.

Black is hardest to keep clean, every speck of dust and dirt will show up. It also shows swirl marks the easiest. However, it is absolutely stunning when clean. However, I will probably never buy a black car again.

Neddih

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Si Sedan
Country flag

Black is hardest to keep clean, every speck of dust and dirt will show up. It also shows swirl marks the easiest. However, it is absolutely stunning when clean. However, I will probably never buy a black car again.
This.

I don't regret going with the black color, but you really have to commit to keeping it clean to truly enjoy it.

Miro

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Si, 2016 Pilot (wife's)
Country flag
This.

I don't regret going with the black color, but you really have to commit to keeping it clean to truly enjoy it.
I've owned a 10th gen black Si for a week now. Washed it on Sunday. It is an absolute mess now, but it has been raining all week since I washed it. Really hoping it stays clean a bit longer when it's not raining.

Drake

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic Si
Country flag
Tough choice, black will indeed be more inconspicuous and classy, but the grey might look more sporty and eye-catching. I would probably go black on a sedan and grey on a coupe.
However, if you are asking about Si colors I believe they don't offer Sonic Grey on our trim. Modern Steel Metallic or Lunar Silver Metallic are your only options here.

CHB26

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Hatchback Sport
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I was in the same dilemma as you a few weeks ago as I was between PPM and SGP. In your case I think black is too common, nice but too many people have it. SGP, on the other hand, is a neck breaker in the sense of color because not many people are rockin it. I don't know about others cars (correct me if im wrong) but SGP is a new color scheme for these companies and with exterior mods, you can really catch peoples eyes. Check my garage out, it's dark but will be adding more photos.(its a SGP 2020 hatch sport shameless plug aha) best of luck.

07EX

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Si
Country flag

Totally agree. I would never buy a black car because of how hard it is to keep clean. Gray will still hide some of the vents, just like blue. The worse colour for our cars is white. Those vents stand out like a sore thumb on a white car.

bugboy32337

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Si Coupe (MSM)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Tough choice, black will indeed be more inconspicuous and classy, but the grey might look more sporty and eye-catching. I would probably go black on a sedan and grey on a coupe.
However, if you are asking about Si colors I believe they don't offer Sonic Grey on our trim. Modern Steel Metallic or Lunar Silver Metallic are your only options here.
Keeping that in mind ... My vote is for Modern Steel Metallic (MSM)!!!!!!

Jeffers

First Name
Jeffers
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Si Coupe purchased on 11-24-19
Country flag
I like the sonic gray. It was my first choice for a while [for Si's it's lunar gray]. My last car Mazda2 was black.
I'll add that a black car bakes the interior of the car. Places like Palm Springs and Vegas, people figure that out. I never considered a white car before. They just seemed plain. But when I looked at the Si in white with all the black trim and wheels. It turned my head around. I still don't care for white cars with chrome accents.
But white with black accents,.. I love the contrast. And now I'm enjoying the other advantages of a white car that I didn't even know about before owning one.
Second choice would still be sonic gray, or in my case lunar gray. But it's becoming a wider gap second as time goes on.

2020PWP

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Si, 2018 GT350 Track Pack, Hopefully a Soobie one day too
Country flag
I like the sonic gray. It was my first choice for a while [for Si's it's lunar gray]. My last car Mazda2 was black.
I'll add that a black car bakes the interior of the car. Places like Palm Springs and Vegas, people figure that out. I never considered a white car before. They just seemed plain. But when I looked at the Si in white with all the black trim and wheels. It turned my head around. I still don't care for white cars with chrome accents.
But white with black accents,.. I love the contrast. And now I'm enjoying the other advantages of a white car that I didn't even know about before owning one.
Second choice would still be sonic gray, or in my case lunar gray. But it's becoming a wider gap second as time goes on.
I was between a blue and white one, but my last car was blue so you can guess what I did. Dealership only had a blue sedan or white sedan. The pearl white really looks good up close.

OP
OP
MorrisGray

MorrisGray

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
You are correct and I edited my post with the correction. I am wanting the 4 door sedan and Modern Steel Metallic is the color I meant to ask about. I have only seen a black SI in person other than some older silver ones on the highway. I am surprised out how much I have liked my little black Mazda3 over the years. Black helps hide those fake vents on the SI but I am favoring the MSM but not yet seen one in person.
.... And thanks to all for your replies to my inquiry

OP
OP
MorrisGray

MorrisGray

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
I was between a blue and white one, but my last car was blue so you can guess what I did. Dealership only had a blue sedan or white sedan. The pearl white really looks good up close.
I like white but my wife doesn't favorite it. I do care some what she thinks but it will be my primary driver.
Sponsored