Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Vehicle(s)
10th Gen CivicX CVT->MT
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
Sorry but there is NO justification for Honda or Hondata not the having LTFT accessible by the end user. IMO they shouldn't even have released the Flashpro for these ECU's. Absolutely short-sighted at best. Possible dangerous worst-case.
fyi, KTuner does not have it too, it's either honda did not include ltft for certain regions or either tuning software have not decoded it yet or just simply it does not exist for certain ecu region. but looking forward to it to be available if there is. lemme go chk with my new toy but as far as i can recall there isn't any but i will go chk & update later to be sure.
Sponsored

Last edited:

salik990

First Name
Salik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 honda civic 1.5T, 15' Audi A3 1.8T, Toyota Hilux Revo 2017
Country flag
It depends on what kind of bolt on. Aftermarket intake is not advisable let alone the 1 with race MAF. Intercooler would help sustaining performance in tropical climate. Catless downpipe might screw up fuel trim if tuned solely based on STFT.
I also live in tropical climate where winter doesnt go below 10c whole day and summer is 30+c hot/warm with 75% humidity, since i got intercooler my IAT doesnt go up 45c on traffic to traffic slow drive as before it used to reach 60c also it help kcon to stay below 65%.
I would recommend you to get CAI and intercooler as u got tsp stage 1 tune.

OP
OP
arnoldo

arnoldo

First Name
Arnoldo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Hatchback
Country flag
I also live in tropical climate where winter doesnt go below 10c whole day and summer is 30+c hot/warm with 75% humidity, since i got intercooler my IAT doesnt go up 45c on traffic to traffic slow drive as before it used to reach 60c also it help kcon to stay below 65%.
I would recommend you to get CAI and intercooler as u got tsp stage 1 tune.
I rarely feel 25 celcius in my city and the lowest humidity I had seen was 68%. Both could only occur at night time. Highest IAT was 55 celcius and that was with Hondata +3 PSI basemap so I might need to get FIC upgrade. Hopefully, I could get 1 of a good quality in my city.

salik990

First Name
Salik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
I rarely feel 25 celcius in my city and the lowest humidity I had seen was 68%. Both could only occur at night time. Highest IAT was 55 celcius and that was with Hondata +3 PSI basemap so I might need to get FIC upgrade. Hopefully, I could get 1 of a good quality in my city.
i got the intercooler from China and its working great so far, do check rev9 intercooler for civic 1.5T.

OP
OP
arnoldo

arnoldo

First Name
Arnoldo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
i got the intercooler from China and its working great so far, do check rev9 intercooler for civic 1.5T.
I'll try to get one from Aliexpress if I cannot source a good one locally. I'm afraid shipment will be delay due to Corona virus issue in Asia.

CAPTS

First Name
TY
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Vehicle(s)
10th Gen CivicX CVT->MT
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
I'll try to get one from Aliexpress if I cannot source a good one locally. I'm afraid shipment will be delay due to Corona virus issue in Asia.
No delay have ready stock over here haha. So far so good no complaints. Bang for buck I'd say.

salik990

First Name
Salik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
some products will delay and some will be on time, depend on the location n shipments.

OP
OP
arnoldo

arnoldo

First Name
Arnoldo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Two Step Performance went extra mile in terms of customer service. TSP Stage 1 calibration file is locked preventing consumers to make change on the tune/calibration. I was really worry about my fuel trim as I mentioned in this thread & seek advices from fellow member of Hondata & Civic X.

I posted a query regarding my fuel trim concern in Hondata forum & Hondata provided an advice & guide on how to make adjustment to improve my fuel trim. The advice & guide from Hondata seemed logical & worth the try but I wouldn’t be able to make the adjustment by myself because my calibration was locked.

So I email Corey of Two Step Performance asking if TSP could make AFM adjustment to improve the fuel trim & I included link to thread that I created in Hondata forum discussing my car’s fuel trim. I didn’t expect much as I understand that TSP Stage 1 tune is canned tune and not an e-tuning service.

I received email from Corey today with TSP Stage 1 calibration with calibrated AFM to improve my fuel trim.

I flashed the updated calibration after work & drove to test the fuel trim. After 30 minutes drive in a stop and go traffic, I check the datalog from the drive & I found my fuel trim is much improved.

Thank you so much TSP team, Corey, & Derek for the support & for going extra mile.

I highly recommend TSP Stage 1 for Civic 1.5T Non SI owner who want to tune your ride! It really is an awesome tune & TSP team, Corey, & Derek always provide an awesome consumer experience through excellent post sales customer support.

Thank you,

salik990

First Name
Salik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Two Step Performance went extra mile in terms of customer service. TSP Stage 1 calibration file is locked preventing consumers to make change on the tune/calibration. I was really worry about my fuel trim as I mentioned in this thread & seek advices from fellow member of Hondata & Civic X.

I posted a query regarding my fuel trim concern in Hondata forum & Hondata provided an advice & guide on how to make adjustment to improve my fuel trim. The advice & guide from Hondata seemed logical & worth the try but I wouldn’t be able to make the adjustment by myself because my calibration was locked.

So I email Corey of Two Step Performance asking if TSP could make AFM adjustment to improve the fuel trim & I included link to thread that I created in Hondata forum discussing my car’s fuel trim. I didn’t expect much as I understand that TSP Stage 1 tune is canned tune and not an e-tuning service.

I received email from Corey today with TSP Stage 1 calibration with calibrated AFM to improve my fuel trim.

I flashed the updated calibration after work & drove to test the fuel trim. After 30 minutes drive in a stop and go traffic, I check the datalog from the drive & I found my fuel trim is much improved.

Thank you so much TSP team, Corey, & Derek for the support & for going extra mile.

I highly recommend TSP Stage 1 for Civic 1.5T Non SI owner who want to tune your ride! It really is an awesome tune & TSP team, Corey, & Derek always provide an awesome consumer experience through excellent post sales customer support.

Thank you,
I m still deciding if i should get canned tune from tsp stage 1 as i have been running 6+psi for more than a year and never seen my car reaching to 20psi, plus i have bolt-on which can be helpful. Only thing m worried is the fuel i get here is 95RON and can u revert back to base maps after tsp stage 1 flashed? Also m gonna get CAI before ordering TSP stage 1 tune.

OP
OP
arnoldo

arnoldo

First Name
Arnoldo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
I m still deciding if i should get canned tune from tsp stage 1 as i have been running 6+psi for more than a year and never seen my car reaching to 20psi, plus i have bolt-on which can be helpful. Only thing m worried is the fuel i get here is 95RON and can u revert back to base maps after tsp stage 1 flashed? Also m gonna get CAI before ordering TSP stage 1 tune.
I would highly recommend TSP Stage 1 tune. RON 95 is the lowest recommended octane. As long as you have no problem consistently use 95 RON fuel then I think you should have no issue running TSP Stage 1 tune.

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Cosmic Blue EX-L Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
A bunch of points to go over here.

1. The +6 Hondata tune is honestly about a 19-20 psi tune, max.

2. 95 RON is, I believe, about 91 US octane. The TSP tune will work with it, but remember, it was tuned for 93 so you won't get max power.

3. You mentioned bolt ons. What bolt ons are you running?

4. Yes, you certainly can revert back to a base tune if the TSP isn't to your liking.

On a side note have you taken the CivicX tuning survey?

salik990

First Name
Salik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
A bunch of points to go over here.

1. The +6 Hondata tune is honestly about a 19-20 psi tune, max.

2. 95 RON is, I believe, about 91 US octane. The TSP tune will work with it, but remember, it was tuned for 93 so you won't get max power.

3. You mentioned bolt ons. What bolt ons are you running?

4. Yes, you certainly can revert back to a base tune if the TSP isn't to your liking.

On a side note have you taken the CivicX tuning survey?
we do get 97RON Shell vpower but mostly its bad batch of fuel here which is 95 RON equivalent (91octane), bolt-on are dp/fp, intercooler with bigger throttle/charge pipings and PRL stage 1 intake. Just wrote down on tuning survey.

Last edited:

salik990

First Name
Salik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
I would highly recommend TSP Stage 1 tune. RON 95 is the lowest recommended octane. As long as you have no problem consistently use 95 RON fuel then I think you should have no issue running TSP Stage 1 tune.
one of my friends have tsp stage 1 tune on kuner, we usually do meetup and sometime do drag races for checkup. One time my friends had SRI with other bolt-on like intercooler with PRL dp/fp with TSP stage 1 tune, he lost to me in every drag races which we didnt expected it found out his car got heatsoaked due to SRI, later he got CAI which really help his IAT stays below 40c n finally he was ahead from me by half to one car. Btw his car on ktuner 21psi dual starter map is quite slow to my car 6+psi flashpro map.

OP
OP
arnoldo

arnoldo

First Name
Arnoldo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Btw his car on ktuner 21psi dual starter map is quite slow to my car 6+psi flashpro map.
I had used +3 PSI and +6 PSI Hondata basemap and I don't think I would get back to the basemap after TSP Stage 1 because TSP Stage 1 tune improves the car responsiveness. The car now feels quicker than using +6 PSI. What I'm really worry about is the torque limiter setting in TSP Stage 1 Flashpro because I accidentally saw the torque limiter setting is higher than 250 Nm starting 3000 RPM.

I am not even sure what Hondata formula and what the base of measurement that brings Hondata to conclusion of 250 Nm maximum safe torque for our CVT.

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Cosmic Blue EX-L Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
one of my friends have tsp stage 1 tune on kuner, we usually do meetup and sometime do drag races for checkup. One time my friends had SRI with other bolt-on like intercooler with PRL dp/fp with TSP stage 1 tune, he lost to me in every drag races which we didnt expected it found out his car got heatsoaked due to SRI, later he got CAI which really help his IAT stays below 40c n finally he was ahead from me by half to one car. Btw his car on ktuner 21psi dual starter map is quite slow to my car 6+psi flashpro map.
Something is definitely wrong if his car is noticeably slower on a Starter 21 then a Flashpro +6. The Ktuner not only peaks higher overall psi but has higher boost at lower rpm too. Plus all the part throttle tweaks available. Your friend should join and post his settings and a datalog.

Did he for some reason leave all the user tweaks (spool, turbo response, throttle response, A-VSA, ramp etc.) on factory? Also with numerous bolt ons, I honestly recommend a custom tune.

I've owned both so this is from personal experience.
Sponsored