Post your tinted windows

justasimpleman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘20 PWP FC1 Si
Country flag
Those with sunroofs, are you tinting yours? I’m planning on doing rear windshield, and all doors this week. This is my first time owning a car with a sunroof.

HalfBreed

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Sport Sedan, 2.0 CVT
Country flag
Here are more recent photos of my car. Again I have 5% all around and 50% windshield tint.

Mine 2.jpg

Mine 3.jpg

My Car.jpg
Looks great. :love:

NY, though? How are you not pulled over by the cops every 10 minutes while driving?? Lol. I have reasons to never want interactions with police, so when I get mine done, I'm only doing the rear window at 5% and a tint strip at 2-5%. I just don't feel like worrying about getting pulled over or the yearly inspections.

HalfBreed

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Sport Sedan, 2.0 CVT
Country flag
Knock on wood, I have never been pulled over for tints. I don't have to worry about the inspection portion of it or even the police anyway. I have a medical exemption for them. But regardless I have never been pulled over and the tints have been on almost a year now.
I forgot about medical exemptions. Do you know if something pops up about medical exemptions on their computer if they run your plate, so thats why they don't pull you over?

I used to get harassed constantly with my first car ('93 Civic with blacked out windows) and pulled over twice a month or so. This was almost 20 years ago though. And I'm sure it varies by department on how strict they are. But it's made me skittish about tint ever since. Lol.

Conor

First Name
Conor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Si Sedan
Country flag
50% ceramic over the factory 70%, resulting in 35-40% - Legal limit here is 35% so can't go too dark. Car is a bit dirty...
Honda Civic 10th gen Post your tinted windows IMG-1334
Honda Civic 10th gen Post your tinted windows IMG-1336

DoctorC

First Name
Christopher
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Honda Civic Hatchback Sport Touring in Sonic Gray
Country flag
Nothing populates their computer no. They only find out when I show them the little card. I would say if you get them when you get pulled over just roll down all of your windows so they can see inside the car and youll be fine.
Yep you basically just get the exemption from your doctor and keep it with you or in the car. At least that's how it's working with my doctor at the moment. I'll be going for my tint tomorrow but I will try to go somewhat light in the front and not try to go limo tint even on the back. Just ceramic coating for optimal heat rejection and supposedly over 50% of UV light rejection even on the clear film.

Conor

First Name
Conor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Si Sedan
Country flag
Those with sunroofs, are you tinting yours? I’m planning on doing rear windshield, and all doors this week. This is my first time owning a car with a sunroof.
When I dropped off mine for tinting the other day I asked about doing the sunroof. The tech told me that most people tend to pass on the sunroof due to the added cost and the fact that there is a slider to close if you don't want the sun -- which was pretty much what I had already been thinking. I passed on doing the sunroof.

S&B

First Name
CB
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Hatchback, 1984 BMW 533i
Country flag
5% in the rear
20% in the front

Honda Civic 10th gen Post your tinted windows A95D1874-29F1-4D07-8D86-8D1A8E38F5B4

justasimpleman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘20 PWP FC1 Si
Country flag
When I dropped off mine for tinting the other day I asked about doing the sunroof. The tech told me that most people tend to pass on the sunroof due to the added cost and the fact that there is a slider to close if you don't want the sun -- which was pretty much what I had already been thinking. I passed on doing the sunroof.
After thinking about it, I came to that conclusion...I left the sunroof untouched.

DoctorC

First Name
Christopher
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Honda Civic Hatchback Sport Touring in Sonic Gray
Country flag
It cost a good bit but I went with ceramic tint all around, including the sun roof though I forgot to ask to NOT have it done so it was thrown in anyway. Albeit it for a cost. Went 55% on the front passenger/driver side windows, 70% on the front windshield, and 20% for all rear windows. Classy yet still keeps my skin from too much UV light :)

Honda Civic 10th gen Post your tinted windows poI4fjaJ

Honda Civic 10th gen Post your tinted windows pnMpsprG

Honda Civic 10th gen Post your tinted windows pmd0kQBh

YvesSaintJan

First Name
Jansen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic si
Country flag
I have ceramic 30% on all my sides and rear. I also have 70% ceramic on my front windshield. I’m not a fan of super dark tint, so this 30% is perfect in daylight. No issues on seeing outward.

Honda Civic 10th gen Post your tinted windows BA577424-8964-41F7-A6A2-39D2195DD85F

Nice deep rich even tint. I also have a cover craft windshield cover on.

Honda Civic 10th gen Post your tinted windows 384C910F-E161-4C92-A6AB-9047B88679B5

Front windshield @ 70% ceramic.

Honda Civic 10th gen Post your tinted windows 6A34C688-EA4B-45ED-8EB3-F3215E0E378C

All photos are from today. Had this tint job for about a year. Was about 600 out the door all together.

I highly recommend YS tinting in Santa Clara / San Jose for all of you Nor-Cal guys.