Civic Type R: Master Coilover Guide

iLovePho

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 CW CTR #2060
Country flag
I thought mugen was going to have struts/springs or coilovers...can't remember, maybe if they do it'll be able to use the switch in the car
Come to think it, Ground Control released coilover sleeves, but not many people bought it and the few that did reported issues....
Sponsored

02SilverSiHB

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 FK8
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I want a track capable setup that can handle craptacular NY roads:D
yeah, that's why I went with something like revel...it's not too extreme. I think Tein is another good choice for rough roads...I know what you mean, Maryland roads kind of suck also. Springs like eibach and spoon just didn't cut it for me in the end

GraphiteAZ

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic
Country flag
I want something for roadcourse/AX and for the street.

I'm looking at either Tein or Fortune auto. The fortunes seem best because of stateside support.

GraphiteAZ

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic
Country flag
The Tein's sound great because of the EDFC. I've heard adjusting the rears are a paint in the ass.

02SilverSiHB

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 FK8
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
The Tein's sound great because of the EDFC. I've heard adjusting the rears are a paint in the ass.
how so for the rear...as in all kits or tein especially?

I know for me, when it comes to adjust the rear height, it can get tough after a certain setting...it gets really tight, so I opted to just remove the whole spring, adjust, then reinstall vice fighting with little movement and a tightened spring load. Wish it was easy like the front lol

02SilverSiHB

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 FK8
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag

boosted180sx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 CTR, 2016 ILX
Country flag
yeah, I can't even see it in these pics here like I can with revel:
https://www.greenline.jp/catalogue/...ame=MONO+RACING&carcode=FK8&fromlink=2#image6

but tein's rear spring looks like a pain also...kind of like the single perch approach of revel's

tein_monoRacing_FK8-BIG.jpg
yes the dampening adjustment is on the top which is basically hidden unless you unbolt the two nuts.. I installed the monos on my friends car. The height isn't a big deal. Not sure what you mean by single perch approach.

02SilverSiHB

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 FK8
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
yes the dampening adjustment is on the top which is basically hidden unless you unbolt the two nuts.. I installed the monos on my friends car. The height isn't a big deal. Not sure what you mean by single perch approach.
Revel just has one that locks by tightening an allen bolt vice two perches.

Can't believe twin put adjustment at the very top

02SilverSiHB

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 FK8
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Okay dumb questions incoming.
I'm about to install my hks coilovers. I might need to adjust the height a tad due to 35offset wheels.

My questions
1. For the front, these don't have the usual height adjustment... curious if anyone has tips and what the max I should adjust if raising the height... I obviously can't read the Japanese instructions lol

2. For the rear...I never really knew the proper way. If say I want to raise it 3mm. Do I make the adjustment only on the sleeve, or also the shock?