FlashPro for CTR tuning results

HookemNC

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 Civic Type R
Country flag
Quick noob question. Just received my flash pro and loaded the 93 octane base tune. Left everything as it was to start on the options. Only question I have is about the sensor option to disable error codes p0101 and 0103. Does everyone disable these by default or only if you have bolts ons? I'm stock so I wasn't sure if I needed to check the box or not. Thanks.
Sponsored

kefi

oh shit waddup its dat boi
Threads
Reaction score
Website
fk8.clinic
Vehicle(s)
2018 Type R
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
Quick noob question. Just received my flash pro and loaded the 93 octane base tune. Left everything as it was to start on the options. Only question I have is about the sensor option to disable error codes p0101 and 0103. Does everyone disable these by default or only if you have bolts ons? I'm stock so I wasn't sure if I needed to check the box or not. Thanks.
Generally you won't need it disabled without parts, thus why it isn't disabled by default. It would be indicative of a problem on the stock tune, but not ours where we ride the very limits. Disabling it isn't dangerous, just check your datalogs here and there.

Personally, I don't disable something until it's gone off and I've determined it's OK. So I'd leave it with whatever the basemap has set until you set it off.

HookemNC

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 Civic Type R
Country flag
Generally you won't need it disabled without parts, thus why it isn't disabled by default. It would be indicative of a problem on the stock tune, but not ours where we ride the very limits. Disabling it isn't dangerous, just check your datalogs here and there.

Personally, I don't disable something until it's gone off and I've determined it's OK. So I'd leave it with whatever the basemap has set until you set it off.
Perfect response and thanks! I left it unchecked and will check my logs if ithrow an error. Just wanted to be sure and see what others are doing. Much appreciated bud.

HookemNC

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 Civic Type R
Country flag
Hopefully my last noob question. What do you fellas set your traction control to? It came out of the box at 3% slip. I've seen folks mention 6%. Any tips are appreciated.

kefi

Threads
Reaction score
Website
fk8.clinic
Vehicle(s)
2018 Type R
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
What exactly does this do? Is this something you can feel?
Like it says in the screenshot, it effectively increases air charge and boost at high RPM by removing the exhaust gas temperature based reduction in boost. It provides a noticeable gain in power at the top end, yes.

AdamD19DFK8

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 FK8 Type R, 2007 Civic Si Sedan
Country flag
What exactly does this do? Is this something you can feel?
Max out the fuel pump lol. It was included when prl was testing their prototype turbo and couldn't push past a certain psi consistently.

You can increase boost pressure through tourque request and under boost control in the Temperature table, NOT the pa atmospheric pressure one. the temp table changes it the easiest I've found. Under the 25 degree column you can increase it at the top end by a couple tenths. Too much and you'll get knock retard and Max out the fuel. So very small incremental changes. The stock turbo isn't very good in the top end anyway, too much boost just makes the temperatures too high. In the summer time I would see a peak of 26.5-27psi and in the winter it's been 23.5-24.5 if it's a bit warmer than usual

Last edited:

kefi

Threads
Reaction score
Website
fk8.clinic
Vehicle(s)
2018 Type R
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
Max out the fuel pump lol. It was included when prl was testing their prototype turbo and couldn't push past a certain psi consistently.

You can increase boost pressure through tourque request and under boost control in the Temperature table, NOT the pa atmospheric pressure one. the temp table changes it the easiest I've found. Under the 25 degree column you can increase it at the top end by a couple tenths. Too much and you'll get knock retard and Max out the fuel. So very small incremental changes. The stock turbo isn't very good in the top end anyway, too much boost just makes the temperatures too high. In the summer time I would see a peak of 26.5-27psi and in the winter it's been 23.5-24.5 if it's a bit warmer than usual
Just a side note to clarify for anyone reading, the pa/temp tables are absolute limits, not targets. Your torque request table is ultimately and effectively your boost curve and changes to that will cause actual changes to boost, the rest of the tables simply limit your boost target (i.e. air charge limit, torque limit, PA/temp boost ratio limit)

AdamD19DFK8

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 FK8 Type R, 2007 Civic Si Sedan
Country flag
Just a side note to clarify for anyone reading, the pa/temp tables are absolute limits, not targets. Your torque request table is ultimately and effectively your boost curve and changes to that will cause actual changes to boost, the rest of the tables simply limit your boost target (i.e. air charge limit, torque limit, PA/temp boost ratio limit)
True though changing the temp table will have more of an effect on BP but not necessarily power. My third gear tourque Target at it's highest 495nm, while my 4th gear is 530nm. To avoid maxing out fuel in the mid range I've got to start at a low target and then gradually increase to the top, if it maxes at any point, usually within 4-6k I have to go back and lower those sections until it works. 3rd gear for me is a giant pain as it's really easy to Max out on mine. 4k-5.5 I have a bit lower than the base values, and barely an increase from 6-7k. This happened after getting a bigger cold side charge pipe.
Whilehe MAP and air charge are very similar, I actually get less boost in 4th gear. The top end of the Rev range doesn't tax the fuel system as much, so there's a little bit of room to add a little boost. I've found it's easier to close the gap just with a slight increase of the temperature ratio instead of a higher torque request up top
Sponsored

Last edited: