Replacing the cloth center console/armrest with leather?

orangejuice

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 EX-T Sedan
So I'm pretty set on buying an EX-T but I test drove it and while the seats were very comfortable, the center console/armrest area had this uncomfortable abrasive cloth and I can't imagine keeping my arm on it for very long. Is there any way to replace it with the leather version from the EX-L? And how pricey would it be?
Sponsored

Newflyer3

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Touring
Well if you order from Bernardi:
Honda Civic 10th gen Replacing the cloth center console/armrest with leather? Capture.PNG
You'll want
Part No 32: 83441-TBA-A01ZA ARMREST ASSY. *NH900L*(DEEP BLACK) $105.01
Part No 26-27:
83411-TBA-A11ZA ARMREST ASSY., R. CONSOLE *NH900L*(DEEP BLACK) $41.51
83416-TBA-A11ZA ARMREST ASSY., L. CONSOLE *NH900L*(DEEP BLACK) $41.51

Rawnerve1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 crv
Country flag
So I'm pretty set on buying an EX-T but I test drove it and while the seats were very comfortable, the center console/armrest area had this uncomfortable abrasive cloth and I can't imagine keeping my arm on it for very long. Is there any way to replace it with the leather version from the EX-L? And how pricey would it be?
Why not just get a EXL... your gonna spend a couple hundred on the armrest... Then in the future you might want to change the steering wheel.. I seen people on the forum getting a exl for about 21,000. Where I live there going for about 22,000.. Just a Idea..

Newflyer3

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Touring
Because they're one of those people that nickle and dime for anything. Don't see the value in moving up a trim for a couple thousand but the armrest is a dealbreaker so they only switch that part which isn't cost effective but just costs less in general.

Rawnerve1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 crv
Country flag
Because they're one of those people that nickle and dime for anything. Don't see the value in moving up a trim for a couple thousand but the armrest is a dealbreaker so they only switch that part which isn't cost effective but just costs less in general.
I understand 100 percent. But theres some people that will change the armrest, steering wheel, shift knob and add a day/night mirror and then change rim to the touring rims and to finish it off ad HID lights...

Tearhammer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 6 speed LX Civic Blue, 2013 Chevy Sonic LT hatch
I was thinking about the leather armrest too but then I'd need the door ones as well. My concern with the cloth is how cheap it is and how every time I touch it I leave a mark

OKMrazor

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 Accord LX V6
Don't know about that. I don't like leather seats for a number of reasons while I do like the idea of leather armrests. Fabric seats and leather armrests makes perfects sense to me.

You've got a very charitable outlook toward others.

sunnysunday

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic ex-t 2016
Country flag
Can't wait to see someone do this. I really dislike the center armrest just like everyone else.

Going to be a mod way down the road for me however

mchowster

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic EX T, 2007 Camry V6 SE, 2015 VW GTI
Country flag
I was thinking the same for my coupe, I'm assuming the coupe and the sedan are the same parts for the center console and door handles. I too was debating about the EX T vs the touring. $2000 more in Canada. Still happy with my EX T purchase.

Newflyer3

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Touring
I was thinking the same for my coupe, I'm assuming the coupe and the sedan are the same parts for the center console and door handles. I too was debating about the EX T vs the touring. $2000 more in Canada. Still happy with my EX T purchase.
ooh you'll regret... one day

N_I_N

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic EX-T Sedan
Country flag
As a current EX-T owner, I can say that the fabric on the armrest will look like shit pretty quickly. I'm not a slob, and keep my car pretty clean but that fabric is already pretty bad looking and I'm only into month 7 of ownership. Really bad choice by honda for that spot. It would be better to even use some "Pleather" there instead of a fabric that can get stained and stuff in a spot where an arm will rest 99% of the time.

Dan198

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 BMW 335 xDrive, 2010 Audi Q5, 2014 Porsche Boxster S, 2016 Civic EX
Country flag
I was thinking about the leather armrest too but then I'd need the door ones as well. My concern with the cloth is how cheap it is and how every time I touch it I leave a mark
Exactly! None of the surfaces covered by that cloth should have been done that way. Every time I grab the door, I leave marked on it. I would have preferred it to be some sort of faux leather / soft plastic material like the dash if it wasn't done in leather.

Dan198

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
I've also noticed a permanent line about 2 inches long across one of the door arm rests. Sort of like someone rubbed against it with a hard object and it's not something that can be cleaned off as the fabric itself is damaged. This is the 2nd month of owing the car. Can't imagine what it will look like in 3 years time.

Last edited:

Dan198

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Exactly! None of the surfaces covered by that cloth should have been done that way. Every time I grab the door, I leave marked on it. I would have preferred it to be some sort of faux leather / soft plastic material like the dash if it wasn't done in leather.