amirza786

First Name
A
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Polestar 2, 2010 Lexus IS 350 Sport
Country flag
I had seen pictures of dyno charts showing Honda's SAE numbers were WHP on the dyno. Ever see or heard of that? They had an Si at 205 hp or something really close to 205 (can't remember exactly) at the wheels on their dyno runs. Their Type-R runs were 303 WHP or something really close again to the crank numbers. It was and is believed that Honda underrated the 10th gen civic on purpose. I have looked around since and haven't been able to find those charts, but I'm positive I saw them a few months before I bought my Si.
Nope, Honda measured at the crank. As @gtman is showing on the figures below, Two Step Performance Dyno'd the Si at 182 hp at the wheels stock. The higher numbers are tuned
Sponsored

FC3L15B7

I'm a machine.
First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 Honda Civic 2 Door Coupe Si / 1993 Chrysler Intrepid 3.5L
Country flag
Nope, Honda measured at the crank. As @gtman is showing on the figures below, Two Step Performance Dyno'd the Si at 182 hp at the wheels stock. The higher numbers are tuned
It's the way I worded it. The dyno graphs I saw (from an independent, not Honda) were whp and their whp on the dyno were the "same" as Honda's crank ratings.

jakdotdot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 SI
Country flag
There's one little "secret" that's not mentioned very often. The fact that the non-Si turbo's power was underrated quite a bit by Honda. My personal belief is that Honda did that so the base motor wouldn't step on the Si's toes so to speak. That's one of the big reasons the difference in 0-60 numbers is relatively slight. That and of course that second shift the Si needs to 60 and the CVT in L keeping the non-Si at full power.

2017-civicsi-plus6-power-torque.gif
Hondata does its dyno testing at Churches which has a very optimistic dyno.

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Cosmic Blue EX-L Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
I've heard that but TSP got fairly high numbers on their dyno (something like 187/200) for the non-Si. Not sure if they used Dynapack or not. It seems like one thing is for sure. Torque in particular, is stronger than Honda's claims in both versions of the 1.5T.

saz468

First Name
Stan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 civic EX Aegean blue metallic
Country flag
I read somewhere that the cars built in Canada were a more solid build than the ones built in Indiana.
I understand the coupes are assembled in Canada. Mine is
It’s two years now and zero problems :)

maggs_10thgen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Si Coupe Old whips: 2005 RSX Type S, 2015 Civic Si Coupe, 1998 Integra GSR Green, 1998 Integra GSR Red
Country flag
I understand the coupes are assembled in Canada. Mine is
It’s two years now and zero problems :)
Whether mine was built in Canada or not.. It feels solid as hell. Something I noticed about the car early on :D

Drake

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic Si
Country flag
That's news to me about the Honda numbers being at the wheels. :dunno:

Here's the wheel hp/tq numbers Derek Robinson got on his Si dyno run...

tsp.gif
Maperformance reported a bit higher numbers for their stock Si. Not sure on the drivetrain % loss on these cars though and their dyno might be "optimistic".

Design

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
09 MS3, 17 ABM Si Sedan
Country flag
More like misinterpreted by the online community in general. :D

Shawn has been very up front in that he does no additional TCF from the readings taken at the hub. His reasoning is that each wheel/tire combo has its own rotational mass, thereby skewing WHP estimates on a typical Dynapack.

What we see in his readouts is hub wheel HP/TQ. :cool:

saz468

First Name
Stan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 civic EX Aegean blue metallic
Country flag
Whether mine was built in Canada or not.. It feels solid as hell. Something I noticed about the car early on :D[/QUOTE
Agreed other than the Tiburon GT I had this car dose feel solid ( probably better than the Tiburon)
The problem with the Tiburon was that it was a heavy car.

OP
OP
amirza786

amirza786

First Name
A
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Maperformance reported a bit higher numbers for their stock Si. Not sure on the drivetrain % loss on these cars though and their dyno might be "optimistic".
Haha I love the phrase "optimistic". I don't know much about Dyno's, but what I do know is conditions such as ambient temp, humidity etc can affect these numbers. I've seen numbers from 182 to 187 at the wheels for a factory tuned Si

Design

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
09 MS3, 17 ABM Si Sedan
Country flag
Not to mention the method in which power is evaluated. IIRC, MAP also uses a Dynapack wherein the front wheels are removed. And those Si wheels are HEAVY.

As with any of these measurements, the two main things that matter are:
  • Gains over baseline
  • Power under the curve

Ron R

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic SI Sedan
Country flag
This thread reminds me of my old '15 Hyundai Elantra Sport. It was more luxurious than sporty lol. The Elantra Sport had a sleek interior with leather seats, gps, sunroof etc.

Granted the Civic Touring has a nice interior, but you might be bored after having the CVT and non sport suspension of the SI.

But yes I wish some times the SI had leather seat.

Is your daughter getting the Civic Touring?

OP
OP
amirza786

amirza786

First Name
A
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
This thread reminds me of my old '15 Hyundai Elantra Sport. It was more luxurious than sporty lol. The Elantra Sport had a sleek interior with leather seats, gps, sunroof etc.

Granted the Civic Touring has a nice interior, but you might be bored after having the CVT and non sport suspension of the SI.

But yes I wish some times the SI had leather seat.

Is your daughter getting the Civic Touring?
I don't know yet. We're going to wait until Summer before we buy