BoostedDreams

First Name
Heisenburg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Type R, 2006 Mazda 6
Country flag
Preparing to gold wrap my “TIP” and was wondering when removing it, do I need a new gasket that attaches the pipe to the turbo? Also, any tips would be appreciated. Thanks
Sponsored

kefi

oh shit waddup its dat boi
Threads
Reaction score
Website
fk8.clinic
Vehicle(s)
2018 Type R
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
Nah, it's reusable. You'll definitely need some extensions and patience, it's hard to get to the lower bolt on the turbo. Take a look at the PRL inlet pipe installation guide for how to remove it.

AdamD19DFK8

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 FK8 Type R, 2007 Civic Si Sedan
Country flag
I used a 6" and 10" extension for mine. When putting the bolts back in I put a bit of painters tape around the socket and flange head. Enough to keep it from falling out but light enough to be able to get the tape right off. I'd be damned if I dropped one and had to Jack the car up and get under there to grab it. Also good for removing spark plugs if you don't have the magnetic socket for it.

kefi

Threads
Reaction score
Website
fk8.clinic
Vehicle(s)
2018 Type R
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
I used a 6" and 10" extension for mine. When putting the bolts back in I put a bit of painters tape around the socket and flange head. Enough to keep it from falling out but light enough to be able to get the tape right off. I'd be damned if I dropped one and had to Jack the car up and get under there to grab it. Also good for removing spark plugs if you don't have the magnetic socket for it.
...why did I forget about the tape trick. :doh:

would you believe me if I told you I snaked that bolt back through all those hoses with it just hanging out of my extension? Felt like heart surgery lmao.

Even when you've got every bolt out though, that elbow is still a motherfucker to get out and you'll think you forgot something. It may take some fuckin 4 dimensional manhandling to remove. Or maybe I'm dumb. :drool:

AdamD19DFK8

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 FK8 Type R, 2007 Civic Si Sedan
Country flag
...why did I forget about the tape trick. :doh:

would you believe me if I told you I snaked that bolt back through all those hoses with it just hanging out of my extension? Felt like heart surgery lmao.

Even when you've got every bolt out though, that elbow is still a motherfucker to get out and you'll think you forgot something. It may take some fuckin 4 dimensional manhandling to remove. Or maybe I'm dumb. :drool:
Yeah I believe it lol, I did it like that when I changed my downpipe, had the car jacked up and bottom pan off already. Getting the stock inlet out takes a bit of maneuvering to get out. I believe I just pointed the intake side down and rolled it until it came loose

davemarco

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Type R (CBP), 2013 Audi TTRS
Country flag
Do you guys know if it matters which way the gasket is facing? I just installed the PrL inlet pipe and when I removed the stock pipe, the gasket fell off before I could see whether the prongs hugged the inlet pipe or the turbo assembly.

kefi

Threads
Reaction score
Website
fk8.clinic
Vehicle(s)
2018 Type R
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
Do you guys know if it matters which way the gasket is facing? I just installed the PrL inlet pipe and when I removed the stock pipe, the gasket fell off before I could see whether the prongs hugged the inlet pipe or the turbo assembly.
Same thing happened to me. Pretty sure it doesn't matter, it fits both ways and the surface is the same on both sides.
Sponsored