CTR Rev Matching and Emissions Issues w/Check Engine light.

ThunderJAG

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Type R
Country flag
I just got mine engine light with same error as CIvicTypeRMan this morning. Lucky me... Mine only has 1700 miles on it. Thanks for posting the issue. I will take my car to the dealership and get it fix.

So, did your dealership replace the O2 sensor or did they just fix the connection issue for you? Did they resolve your issue?

Thank you Mr. TypeRMan.
Sponsored

fiend busa

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Type R
Country flag
I just got mine engine light with same error as CIvicTypeRMan this morning. Lucky me... Mine only has 1700 miles on it. Thanks for posting the issue. I will take my car to the dealership and get it fix.

So, did your dealership replace the O2 sensor or did they just fix the connection issue for you? Did they resolve your issue?

Thank you Mr. TypeRMan.
My dealer replaced the turbo bypass valve, no issue since

josh8604

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 CTR BBP
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Just got code P0456 on a cold start tonight at about a 75% fuel level. On the dash was the Rev Match System Problem and the Emissions System Problem.

blitz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Type R
Country flag
2019 white ctr here. K&N intake, AWE touring exhaust w/front pipe catless. Using Hondata flash pro on the 91 octane with k&n intake but stock otherwise preset tune. Driving for about 25 minutes then got on it from 2nd to 3rd and right when I shifted to 3rd, boost was like barely there and got the cel. Rev match problem, emissions system problem, the codes went away after I filled my gas tank oddly. I checked to see what codes were thrown and got p0101 MAF voltage overload or something along those lines. Safe to turn the code off in hondata? What's my best option because I am almost positive I will see this again. Thanks, Jarrod
I’ll try this and see if I have the same luck.

I replaced my air filter, but I forgot to re-insert the MAF connector, started the car, and had those two codes display upon starting the car.

Obviously, I reconnected the harness adapter, but those two warning messages still appear.

— Update:
I filled the fuel tank, but both messages still appear on the screen. This is going to require a service trip (sigh).

Last edited:

blitz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Type R
Country flag
Update 2: The two error messages are gone now. I’m not sure what caused the ECU to null them, however, I drove the vehicle routinely from my residence to town (and back), for a total of approximately 40 minutes.

Assumptions: Nothing mechanical happened prior to the codes, and the only attributable issue that caused it was not reconnecting the MAF harness when I performed routine maintenance of replacing the air filter, and starting the car. After reconnecting it, the ECU still had the code and probably went through some algorithms for a set amount of time or distance before checking the conditions and exiting out of the fault with a Null.

josh8604

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 CTR BBP
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Hey all,

I took my CTR to the dealer to have them figure out what was wrong and my service adviser also owns a CTR told me he had the same issue and they replaced the part and it was back to normal. I left the car with them and he told me sure enough it was the same issue as his and they ordered the part for me. Got the car back the next day and it drives great and I have noticed that my MPG went up. I haven't changed my driving style but before I couldn't get past 25 MPG but now I am almost 27 MPG. Strange but I'll take improved fuel economy with no changes in my driving style. I do have a PRL HVI and Intercooler and the dealer didn't give me any issues about those parts. Hope this helps some of us out.

Honda Civic 10th gen CTR Rev Matching and Emissions Issues w/Check Engine light. IMG_0817.JPG

Honda Civic 10th gen CTR Rev Matching and Emissions Issues w/Check Engine light. IMG_0818.JPG

Honda Civic 10th gen CTR Rev Matching and Emissions Issues w/Check Engine light. IMG_0819.JPG

Honda Civic 10th gen CTR Rev Matching and Emissions Issues w/Check Engine light. IMG_0822.JPG

Honda Civic 10th gen CTR Rev Matching and Emissions Issues w/Check Engine light. IMG_0887.JPG

Honda Civic 10th gen CTR Rev Matching and Emissions Issues w/Check Engine light. IMG_0899.JPG

Honda Civic 10th gen CTR Rev Matching and Emissions Issues w/Check Engine light. IMG_0903.JPG

Whoneedsknow

First Name
Jarrod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 type r
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I’ll try this and see if I have the same luck.

I replaced my air filter, but I forgot to re-insert the MAF connector, started the car, and had those two codes display upon starting the car.

Obviously, I reconnected the harness adapter, but those two warning messages still appear.

— Update:
I filled the fuel tank, but both messages still appear on the screen. This is going to require a service trip (sigh).

Okay... So using Hondata there is some fixes that correct these issues. It's actually added on base 93 octane tune. Rather than turning them off, which I did for a while, it changed the value required by raising voltage limit etc. for those codes to be thrown. Anyways, hope this helps!

blitz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Type R
Country flag
Okay... So using Hondata there is some fixes that correct these issues. It's actually added on base 93 octane tune. Rather than turning them off, which I did for a while, it changed the value required by raising voltage limit etc. for those codes to be thrown. Anyways, hope this helps!
My Type R is stock, with no tuning. Upon starting the vehicle without the MAF harness connected, conditions triggered the ECU’s diagnostics with the Emissions Systems Problem and Rev Match System Problem.

After reconnecting the MAF harness, and driving the car for approximately 1 hour with some occasional stops (Engine OFF) in a daily drive, the ECU automatically cleared these two codes concurrently. I did not disconnect the battery or perform any other action than what I mentioned to attempt to clear the codes manually.

goodvibes

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Type R CBP
Country flag
Just started having the same error for about 3 weeks already, car was stock the first two times it happened, now it only has an upgraded intercooler and turbo blanket, no tune. First time it happened they said the car was running too rich, they cleaned the throttle body and did a software update and was told to change gas stations. Two days later it happened again, same fuel error code, so they decided to change the fuel sensor and the fuel rail, it took about a week since they had to order the parts. Got the car back after a week since waiting for the parts, and two days after I got the car, got that same error again. Forgot to mention that the first time it happened the car drove but it would shake as if it was running out of gas went pass the 3,500 rpm , even though it was passed the half a tank mark and it turned off twice, but it would turn back on with no struggle. The second time before they changed the fuel rail and sensor, it drove but it would shake again when passing 3,500 rpm but it didn’t turn off. Then the third time after the dealer changed the fuel rail and sensor, it drove perfect but when the check engine turned on, it will lose power when driving passed 3,000 rpms with no shake and did not turn off at all. Is back at the dealer , computer said it came back with the same fuel code (don’t remember the actual code, sorry) waiting for them to see what the next fix will be. The dash always show the same description regardless of the error code FYI for those that didn’t know.

Honda Civic 10th gen CTR Rev Matching and Emissions Issues w/Check Engine light. 62347FBA-EB99-4AE6-BF83-B19624E9BE9E

Honda Civic 10th gen CTR Rev Matching and Emissions Issues w/Check Engine light. 25929618-5DB2-44DE-B944-447572538FEF

blitz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Type R
Country flag
Just started having the same error for about 3 weeks already, car was stock the first two times it happened, now it only has an upgraded intercooler and turbo blanket, no tune. First time it happened they said the car was running too rich, they cleaned the throttle body and did a software update and was told to change gas stations. Two days later it happened again, same fuel error code, so they decided to change the fuel sensor and the fuel rail, it took about a week since they had to order the parts. Got the car back after a week since waiting for the parts, and two days after I got the car, got that same error again. Forgot to mention that the first time it happened the car drove but it would shake as if it was running out of gas went pass the 3,500 rpm , even though it was passed the half a tank mark and it turned off twice, but it would turn back on with no struggle. The second time before they changed the fuel rail and sensor, it drove but it would shake again when passing 3,500 rpm but it didn’t turn off. Then the third time after the dealer changed the fuel rail and sensor, it drove perfect but when the check engine turned on, it will lose power when driving passed 3,000 rpms with no shake and did not turn off at all. Is back at the dealer , computer said it came back with the same fuel code (don’t remember the actual code, sorry) waiting for them to see what the next fix will be. The dash always show the same description regardless of the error code FYI for those that didn’t know.

62347FBA-EB99-4AE6-BF83-B19624E9BE9E.jpeg

25929618-5DB2-44DE-B944-447572538FEF.jpeg

Out of curiosity, have you tried getting a bottle of fuel injector cleaner (or something that would slightly raise the octane level of the fuel in your tank) and driving for about 1 hour OR are you putting some additive already in your tank?

Your experience sounds like the issue has reoccurred in a stock and modified setting, which leads me to believe that the issue is not mechanical, and has been present since you got the car. Like the dealer said, I would try a different gas station OR not add any additive to the fuel (if you’re doing that already).

goodvibes

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Out of curiosity, have you tried getting a bottle of fuel injector cleaner (or something that would slightly raise the octane level of the fuel in your tank) and driving for about 1 hour OR are you putting some additive already in your tank?

Your experience sounds like the issue has reoccurred in a stock and modified setting, which leads me to believe that the issue is not mechanical, and has been present since you got the car. Like the dealer said, I would try a different gas station OR not add any additive to the fuel (if you’re doing that already).
Hey so no I haven't tried using any additives or fuel injector cleaners, i usually only go to one gas station but ever since the dealer said they had to replace both the fuel sensor and the fuel rail, I changed gas stations right away but still managed to get the same error once again after the changes. it just happened again on Saturday so I am just waiting to see what solution they were able to find from Honda since it was the third time, they had to call their Honda tech line for more support. I will post again when I get any good news.

josh8604

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 CTR BBP
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag

62347FBA-EB99-4AE6-BF83-B19624E9BE9E.jpeg

25929618-5DB2-44DE-B944-447572538FEF.jpeg
If you hook up a ODB reader, what code do you get?

goodvibes

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
If you hook up a ODB reader, what code do you get?
Can’t remember what code it was on there and don’t have a way to check now since the car is at Honda. Honda said it is the high pressure fuel pump so they are going to replace it.

josh8604

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 CTR BBP
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Can’t remember what code it was on there and don’t have a way to check now since the car is at Honda. Honda said it is the high pressure fuel pump so they are going to replace it.
I hope they fix it for good this time, must be frustrating to have to keep going back.

goodvibes

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
I hope they fix it for good this time, must be frustrating to have to keep going back.
yeah is pretty annoying since it happened back to back, since the end of last month and haven’t been able to enjoy the car in almost a month, but the Honda technicians have been extremely helpful and all the work so far has been covered by the warranty so that helps too.
Sponsored