19typeRblk

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1989 Porsche 944 turbo S, 1978 Porsche 911SC, 2014 Toyota Tundra
Country flag
I read somewhere the rear vents don't fit due to minor differences. Not sure about the front...

You should be drying your car with a leaf blower anyway if you want avoid paint swirls. Plus it's much quicker if you have a decent blower.

I'm hoping the upgraded rear bushings will fit and the revised front grill for improved cooling.
I'll have to try the leaf blower method. I think my blower puts out 500 CFM that should blow off the bird poop : )
Sponsored

RedGiant217

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2001 Honda Accord
Country flag
Just heard from my dealership that the new rotors are in the system and retail for ~$500 a piece.
Seems like aftermarket is the way to go...

19typeRblk

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1989 Porsche 944 turbo S, 1978 Porsche 911SC, 2014 Toyota Tundra
Country flag
Just heard from my dealership that the new rotors are in the system and retail for ~$500 a piece.
The question is how much better are they then the single piece? I know a little less fad and lighter?? So maybe just upgrade the pads to the 2020 model??

Dave B

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Corvette Z06 (sold) 2020 CW
Country flag
The question is how much better are they then the single piece? I know a little less fad and lighter?? So maybe just upgrade the pads to the 2020 model??
For non track situations, I would not think there is any reason to go to a 2 piece rotor other than having less rotating mass. That being said, from looking at the new 2020 rotor, I would have thought the Girodisc ones would be lighter. I don't believe either are true floating 2 piece rotors which are the best (but also most expensive) design.

DRKSYD

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Type R
Country flag
There's no point to a two piece rotor if they don't sell the rings separately. Otherwise, it's a single piece that happens to come apart.
My opinion, they are doing this to reduce stress on the suspension as a whole. Will be taking my car back in for front suspension noises, in less than a month after they (dealership) replaced both front suspension assemblies. It was "normal" for ~20 days, no noise but then came back yesterday (quite/normal, too problem without anything in between). There's something Honda isn't disclosing, I drive my car in the winter and over "normal" roads. 4 strut/spring assemblies now are doing the same thing. Sounds like a jar of marbles up there. And both towers give at the same time, so there's concern about the drive mode system and front load on the suspension.

Won't keep the car after another round of bs. For those that store your car, you may not get these issues until you're out of warranty or they don't care anymore.

TypeSiR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1.5T Civic, Fit, MX-5, CTR
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
My opinion, they are doing this to reduce stress on the suspension as a whole. Will be taking my car back in for front suspension noises, in less than a month after they (dealership) replaced both front suspension assemblies. It was "normal" for ~20 days, no noise but then came back yesterday (quite/normal, too problem without anything in between). There's something Honda isn't disclosing, I drive my car in the winter and over "normal" roads. 4 strut/spring assemblies now are doing the same thing. Sounds like a jar of marbles up there. And both towers give at the same time, so there's concern about the drive mode system and front load on the suspension.

Won't keep the car after another round of bs. For those that store your car, you may not get these issues until you're out of warranty or they don't care anymore.
I agree. If they give you any more bs next time, you should sell the car. Life’s too short to keep a car that you don’t enjoy.

FriscoBrah

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Championship White Civic Type R
Country flag

How do rotors stress suspension components???

JASONISCFUTHUN

First Name
jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 Subaru Forester, 2020 Civic TypeR Boost Blue on order...
Country flag
Let’s get these part numbers!
- brake rotors - 45251-TGH-A01
- brake pads - 45022-TGH-A12
- front grill - 71121-TGH-A51
- alcantara steering wheel - 78501-TGH-C90ZA
- shocks (Revalved and different voltage ranges?) - no change
- shifter (shorter for 2020) 54100-TGH-G01
- new knob 54102-TGH-G00
- bushings all around - no change
- front control arms and knuckle - no change
- active sound control
-

Update: updated list in first post in this thread
sorry no prices yet
I'm in Canada, I just have the part numbers
I order a 2020 in boost blue =)

DRKSYD

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Type R
Country flag
How do rotors stress suspension components???
They are weight on the suspension, it wasn't my point saying rotors cause XYZ. There's an issue with the front suspension and Honda has been replacing assemblies without questions. Replacement's are'nt working either in this case. I personally don't think the active suspension is/was ready for the range of weather conditions people see. My first set and others, went on few miles and under cold weather conditions. My replacement set just went under ~30 days.

What I posted was in correlation to it, reduce weight to help another component last longer. Revised suspension, steering, brakes...just a coincidence in 2020 models. Even then, that won't help as there is something wrong in with the layout of the suspension as a whole if it can't take a little weather.

willskiGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Type R #26262
Country flag
For non track situations, I would not think there is any reason to go to a 2 piece rotor other than having less rotating mass. That being said, from looking at the new 2020 rotor, I would have thought the Girodisc ones would be lighter. I don't believe either are true floating 2 piece rotors which are the best (but also most expensive) design.
The new Brembo discs and Girodiscs are both floating 2-piece. Aluminum hat connected to a cast iron rotor via pins with anti rattle spring washers.

Source/part number? I strongly doubt they would more than triple the cost of rotors for the car. Even very expensive Brembo floating 2-piece discs on high end cars (Gallardo, R8, etc) are cheaper than $500/ea. Maybe $500/pair.

Last edited:

RedGiant217

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2001 Honda Accord
Country flag
Source/part number? I strongly doubt they would more than triple the cost of rotors for the car. Even very expensive Brembo floating 2-piece discs on high end cars (Gallardo, R8, etc) are cheaper than $500/ea. Maybe $500/pair.
Source: Parts manager at my local dealership.
Parr Number: Don't know but you can call and ask if you want. $500 each is too much imo so I had no interest in asking.

It's possible they are $500 for the pair but that is not what I was told.

Honda Civic 10th gen 2020 Type-R Parts Screenshot_20200207-215426_Gmail

FriscoBrah

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Championship White Civic Type R
Country flag
They are weight on the suspension, it wasn't my point saying rotors cause XYZ. There's an issue with the front suspension and Honda has been replacing assemblies without questions. Replacement's are'nt working either in this case. I personally don't think the active suspension is/was ready for the range of weather conditions people see. My first set and others, went on few miles and under cold weather conditions. My replacement set just went under ~30 days.

What I posted was in correlation to it, reduce weight to help another component last longer. Revised suspension, steering, brakes...just a coincidence in 2020 models. Even then, that won't help as there is something wrong in with the layout of the suspension as a whole if it can't take a little weather.
You’re explanation makes no sense and if there was a major issue with the suspension it’d be all over here. It sounds more like you’re frustrated with your situation more than anything. Have you checked your states lemon law and/or tried a buy back?

This update sounds like they’re making the car more comfortable like they did with the AP1 and AP2 S2000. From what I’ve read there’s new shocks comfort, bushings, steering changes for turn in feel, and I might have seen sway bars as well. All on par for Honda refreshing a performance trim.

DRKSYD

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Type R
Country flag
You’re explanation makes no sense and if there was a major issue with the suspension it’d be all over here. It sounds more like you’re frustrated with your situation more than anything. Have you checked your states lemon law and/or tried a buy back?

This update sounds like they’re making the car more comfortable like they did with the AP1 and AP2 S2000. From what I’ve read there’s new shocks comfort, bushings, steering changes for turn in feel, and I might have seen sway bars as well. All on par for Honda refreshing a performance trim.
I didn'y say "major", you said that. And there is a thread on here about it. And no, revised for w/e reason, they likely saw improvements were needed in one way or another. The R's front is prone to water getting in places it shouldn't 4K should not have rusted out strut assemblies, and repeat in a month.

DRKSYD

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Type R
Country flag
I agree. If they give you any more bs next time, you should sell the car. Life’s too short to keep a car that you don’t enjoy.
I like the car, minus this issue and its not the DS. Something goofy is going on with a handful of R front suspensions. Honda didn't ask when two assemblies were replaced, gotta wonder why. e.g. Is there something off with the frame or mounting points that causes them to act up.
Sponsored