UK Spec Civic Sport 1.5T Hatchback Sonic Grey Pearl Build.....

OP
OP
stephenmeadows

stephenmeadows

StephenMeadows
First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic Sport 1.5T 2018 Hatchback (European Spec)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Sorry for the lack of content and updates as to the build. Since getting back from vacation in Florida I have been unwell and crazy busy at work in my Parts business. I am please to report that since my return to the UK my 27WON big brake kit arrived after a short delay. Vincent @27WON kept me uptown speed frequently as to the progress of my order. I chose the 27WON Signature Orange kit and as to be expected it seems to be 27WON's most popular colorway.

Honda Civic 10th gen UK Spec Civic Sport 1.5T Hatchback Sonic Grey Pearl Build..... IMG_3895.JPG

Honda Civic 10th gen UK Spec Civic Sport 1.5T Hatchback Sonic Grey Pearl Build..... IMG_20190826_163744_resized_20190826_114901839

Honda Civic 10th gen UK Spec Civic Sport 1.5T Hatchback Sonic Grey Pearl Build..... IMG_3894.JPG

Dream Automotive were kind enough to fit the kit for me and Phil commented on what a great kit it is regarding quality and ease of fitment. After a careful drive home from Luton to Ipswich the pads were nicely bedded in.

In conclusion, what a beautiful piece of hardware. Not only is it extremely well made and looks amazing but the stopping power has immensely improved. Well done to Vincent and all of the team at 27WON. I can highly recommend this product and can't wait to see what other products are in development in the near future.

Last edited:
OP
OP
stephenmeadows

stephenmeadows

StephenMeadows
First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Goodies from Japan arrived today in the form of Mugen Hydrophilic LED Mirror Glasses. As well as being anti glare they benefit from having in built LED's that can be wired to the turn signals.

Honda Civic 10th gen UK Spec Civic Sport 1.5T Hatchback Sonic Grey Pearl Build..... IVSvPoGmQ9yez9+e59GlVQ

Honda Civic 10th gen UK Spec Civic Sport 1.5T Hatchback Sonic Grey Pearl Build..... MSFrtv15Tk+88rPrVfMad

Honda Civic 10th gen UK Spec Civic Sport 1.5T Hatchback Sonic Grey Pearl Build..... 8Wvy9asKR1aM6rvnWE7maQ

Honda Civic 10th gen UK Spec Civic Sport 1.5T Hatchback Sonic Grey Pearl Build..... XHq9e%o9SNGL9GfLPcTud

Honda Civic 10th gen UK Spec Civic Sport 1.5T Hatchback Sonic Grey Pearl Build..... JPG3Yh5RRpajovwseSC3rA

Honda Civic 10th gen UK Spec Civic Sport 1.5T Hatchback Sonic Grey Pearl Build..... fullsizeoutput_454f

Installation was relatively easy. The factory mirror glass can be removed in a few seconds by lifting the glass onwards until it releases from the ball fitting. If you opt for the basic installation without connecting the turn signal LED's then the new mirror glasses can be refitted in a minute or so.

However if you wish to fully install them utilising the LED's then the installation becomes trickier. Firstly you need to remove the two Philips head screws that are located behind the mirror glass on the black plastic frame. One e these screws are removed you can then move onto removing/loosening the colour coded mirror back. On the UK spec covers which are different to the USDM ones, there are three spring tab clips that need gentle prying. Using a simple plastic trim tool and a 90 degree pick tool will assist in the removal.

The Mugen mirror glass has an integral loom complete with multi plugs. By disconnecting the main mirror housing multiple will allow you to connect the mirror connect and reconnect the original mirror connector to the 'Y' split branch on the harness. To complete the installation, the mirror frame screws and backing need fitting. The last part to fit is the new glass. Pleased aware you will need to swap out the white plastic mounting plate from your original glass onto the new one. Finally connect the two heating wires and snap the glass back onto the adjustment motor.

Overall extremely pleased with the fit and function of this accessory. The blue tint eases the strain on your eyes during driving in normal daylight hours, particularly on sunny days. The blue tint also compliments my Sonic Grey Pearl paint work. Can highly recommend this product and please message me if you would like to purchase this kit through my parts business.

Stephen

Last edited:

Riko

First Name
Erik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic 1.0L Turbo, CVT, Elegance trim
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Next was a trip down to see Phil at Dream Automotive to have my Titan7 TS-5's fitted. The recommendation from Titan7 was the following specification for the FK7....

18 x 8.5J 5x114.3 +44 offset

Finished in Satin Titanium. Supplied complete with tyre valves and optional centre caps.

Opted for Michelin Pilot Sport 4's in 245/40R18

Lastly fitted a locally sourced set of black aftermarket wheel bolts and standard aftermarket locking nuts. These are a temporary solution as I have a set of Project Kits Monolith T1 NeoChrome on order which should be with me in around 4 weeks time.

ousHNDwwSJSiNNYDyUvU3g.jpg

brcBxvk3QtOycMpSY2+x5w.jpg

Pk+X4Y7RRpCfIDg3k%NP4Q.jpg

fullsizeoutput_50ed.jpeg

W1NIxnV9TKaqt7SUxPuo+g.jpg

fullsizeoutput_50ea.jpeg

fullsizeoutput_50e8.jpeg

rxt9iAazTl2zXWTe6HxA1Q.jpg

View attachment 159442

img_2D_0003.jpg
nice wheels indeed!

just curious, could the factory wheel caps fit on your new ones?

OP
OP
stephenmeadows

stephenmeadows

StephenMeadows
First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
nice wheels indeed!

just curious, could the factory wheel caps fit on your new ones?
Haven't tried to be honest.....

Stephen
Sponsored