Just came in today new Type R boot spoiler?!......

jtrader

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 FK7 6MT, 2018 FK7 CVT, 2022 Odyssey EXL
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Oh my, that IS awesome! Too rich for my blood though, but if money was no object I'd buy that wing in a heartbeat (let's be real, I'd own a Mclaren)
Sponsored

OP
OP
stephenmeadows

stephenmeadows

StephenMeadows
First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic Sport 1.5T 2018 Hatchback (European Spec)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Oh my, that IS awesome! Too rich for my blood though, but if money was no object I'd buy that wing in a heartbeat (let's be real, I'd own a Mclaren)
The wing price is good at £289.00 but what is less favourable is the shipping cost of one wing from UK to USA via UPS at £279.00

If enough of you guys (and gals) could put together a group buy, ie 5 to 10 wings then I am sure we can greatly reduce the shipping costs into the US.

Regards

Stephen

98-0425

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 Civic Type-R #12307, 98 Integra Type-R #0425, 07 Pilot EX-L, 17 Pilot Elite
Country flag
The wing price is good at £289.00 but what is less favourable is the shipping cost of one wing from UK to USA via UPS at £279.00

If enough of you guys (and gals) could put together a group buy, ie 5 to 10 wings then I am sure we can greatly reduce the shipping costs into the US.

Regards

Stephen
Perhaps DHL may be a cheaper option.

KoukiVAB

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 CTR, 19 TLX
Country flag
So now everyone can have 3 different spoilers on the hatch at the same time for the ultimate ricer look lol
One on the top, this new one, and the CTR one.
I think it actually looks good tho.

I just don't understand why people hate/love the CTR wing so much.
You know, it's just a removable part so you can always take it off.
and just because it's functional it doesn't mean you have to keep it forever.
I didn't really like the wing but I bought the car anyways.
Then I took it off.
I had to put it back on because I didn't like that look either lol

NapalmEnema

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 M2, 2022 Audi RS3, ex2019, now 2021Type R!
Country flag
I'm 40+ years old. How can you NOT like the stock spoiler? It's awesome being so bold lol

Drake

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic Si
Country flag
I'm 40+ years old. How can you NOT like the stock spoiler? It's awesome being so bold lol
Being "bold" in their car 24/7 is not for everyone. Some people prefer being subtle, regardless of age. It simply depends on personality and tastes

NapalmEnema

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 M2, 2022 Audi RS3, ex2019, now 2021Type R!
Country flag
Being "bold" in their car 24/7 is not for everyone. Some people prefer being subtle, regardless of age. It simply depends on personality and tastes
I know, different strokes for different folks just venturing my preference. Motor on however it's your car lol

OP
OP
stephenmeadows

stephenmeadows

StephenMeadows
First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I have managed to negotiate a better courier deal to the US. I can now offer this wing for US $630.00 delivered.

Most colours available but Crystal Black, Polished Metal and Obsidian Blue are on back order.

I am selling these faster than Honda cam produce! Please let me know if you would like to place an order.

Stephen

Riko

First Name
Erik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic 1.0L Turbo, CVT, Elegance trim
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
At first I thought that Honda lost its mind with such a wing, then I realized that Honda released this -by 90 standards- massive wing attached to an engineering gem 23 years ago:

DC2-Type-R-rear.jpg

So, f**k it if somebody thinks ricer or whatever internet meme from Hondhaters, this Civic TypeR is Honda coming back to its roots
funny...the first Type R was an NSX, no wing.
The first Civics Type R, had small wings.

Honda Civic 10th gen Just came in today new Type R boot spoiler?!...... Civic_Type_R_rear

Honda Civic 10th gen Just came in today new Type R boot spoiler?!...... 2005_Honda_Civic_Type-R_2.0_Rear

Honda Civic 10th gen Just came in today new Type R boot spoiler?!...... FN2_CW_REAR

The first big wings only started to appear on the FK2
So no, the big wing isnt Honda returning to its roots, if anything, the smaller wing option is more in line with 'it roots. Than anything else.

And personally, I applaud the small wing option.
And I get it that people dont want the big wing and that people are put off because of it.
That said, if anyone likes the Type R but not the wing, just remove it, whats the fuss (ow no, I cant drive stable at 270km/h)
Honda Civic 10th gen Just came in today new Type R boot spoiler?!...... 64954729-2402071209856983-3039507458700607488-o

And personally, I like it even more, All the attention goes to the bulky body instead of that wing.

Riko

First Name
Erik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic 1.0L Turbo, CVT, Elegance trim
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I have managed to negotiate a better courier deal to the US. I can now offer this wing for US $630.00 delivered.

Most colours available but Crystal Black, Polished Metal and Obsidian Blue are on back order.

I am selling these faster than Honda cam produce! Please let me know if you would like to place an order.

Stephen
did you already made a video? :)

OP
OP
stephenmeadows

stephenmeadows

StephenMeadows
First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
did you already made a video? :)
Not of the installation. I can shoot a short video tomorrow of the spoiler as fitted. I have just given the Civic a well deserved wash this afternoon but it got dark just as I finished wiping it down.

I will carry on tomorrow.

By the way, there is a short video of the spoiler on my Instagram page @hondfk7

Stephen

OP
OP
stephenmeadows

stephenmeadows

StephenMeadows
First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
The part number depends on colour as they are repainted from the factory. I will put a list up shortly of available colours.

Stephen
Sponsored