Replacement Skid Plate

traditions

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Sonic Grey Sport
Country flag
So, I had my oil changed and idk if the tech forgot the bolts or bent the plate, which i heard is common. '

But my car is lowered and the plate is bent as if i hit something when reversing. I know for a fact i haven't hit anything as i rarely reverse unless parking.

Picture: https://imgur.com/a/NruxWCL

What is the best replacement? or should I just rip it off and not run one.
Sponsored

Deezy

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic LX Sedan 6MT (FC2)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Honda Civic 10th gen Replacement Skid Plate img_20191013_121848_916-

It doesn't look that bad to me. I think you can take it off and bend it back into place.
These are the clips you will need to put it back on.

Rickmeister 48

First Name
Overlord
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 civic ex-t
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
There's also two Phillips head screws that go in the very front. If you just recently had the oil changed, I'd go back to the dealer and complain that they didn't put it back on correctly. They are pretty expensive to replace if I remember correctly.

OP
OP
traditions

traditions

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Sonic Grey Sport
Country flag
There's also two Phillips head screws that go in the very front. If you just recently had the oil changed, I'd go back to the dealer and complain that they didn't put it back on correctly. They are pretty expensive to replace if I remember correctly.
Had the oil changed last week. So that makes sense

FK7 Civic Pilot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Hatchback
Country flag
If you need to replace the metal plate, it's possible to use the CTR cover plate, p.n. #74114-TGH-A00. Sold separately, I picked one up at the dealer for $42 to have on hand just in case. Some of the cut outs are different vs.a non-CTR plate, but mounting holes are the same and when I test fitted it seems like it would work just fine. You could probably not use one, but it's suppose to help with making the car more fuel efficient, and probably helps keep water and debris from getting up under your engine.

turbo lover

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Hatchback Sport Touring
Country flag
I replaced those with bolts from Home Depot for like $1. The Philips heads were starting to strip.

SDAlexander8

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17’ Si FC3, 17’ Accord 2dr V6 6MT, 22’ RL RTL-E
Country flag
Are you sure it wasn’t like this before you took it to the dealer? Maybe you did hit a piece of tire or something on the road. Like what did the service tech throw it off in the middle of the shop and someone ran over it?

This belly pan is just thin aluminum. If the CTR belly pan is only 42$, the one for the other models can’t be more than that.

OP
OP
traditions

traditions

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Sonic Grey Sport
Country flag
Are you sure it wasn’t like this before you took it to the dealer? Maybe you did hit a piece of tire or something on the road. Like what did the service tech throw it off in the middle of the shop and someone ran over it?

This belly pan is just thin aluminum. If the CTR belly pan is only 42$, the one for the other models can’t be more than that.
It's bent down from the back, meaning i would have had to it something in reverse. Either it bent reversing out of my drive way, or they bent it. if it bent when i was reversing the bolts must have been out, my driveway is like 4 feet no way enough speed to rip it this much.

SDAlexander8

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17’ Si FC3, 17’ Accord 2dr V6 6MT, 22’ RL RTL-E
Country flag
It's bent down from the back, meaning i would have had to it something in reverse. Either it bent reversing out of my drive way, or they bent it. if it bent when i was reversing the bolts must have been out, my driveway is like 4 feet no way enough speed to rip it this much.
There’s a lot of hills, dips, bumps, awkward parking lot entrances, etc. in Pittsburgh. Who knows:dunno:. Take it to the dealer and see what they say. But I don’t think they’ll ever admit to damaging it.

integra15

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic SI
Country flag
Last time I checked you have to buy the entire assembly to get one which was about $180.

OP
OP
traditions

traditions

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Sonic Grey Sport
Country flag
There’s a lot of hills, dips, bumps, awkward parking lot entrances, etc. in Pittsburgh. Who knows:dunno:. Take it to the dealer and see what they say. But I don’t think they’ll ever admit to damaging it.
I’m not downtown, but I agree I don’t think they will agree to them damaging it.

julianzh

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX-t, 2019 GTI Autobahn DSG
Country flag
why get the CTR one when you can get the one meant for his car cheaper?

Why pay the CTR tax?
The one for this car cost $150 to $200 and you need to ask the dealer to buy it. Cause it too big for UPS.
Sponsored