jtamase

the.xth
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic LX Hatchback; 2016 Pilot LX
Country flag
Trying to find out if i can get these spoilers stateside!

Honda Civic 10th gen OEM trunk wing spoiler for 2016 Civic sedan image
Sponsored

KepwengSI

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic SI
Country flag
Usually around $400 US installed. They come with heavy duty trunk springs and wiring for the third brake light. Yes, they can be added at the time of purchase and you have to drill holes into the trunk.
Do you have any idea if i do on my own wing spoiler installation do i need to change the trunk springs?because i was trying to buy on ebay and they told me that it's not neccesary to change the trunk springs

Angela1256

First Name
Angela
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic EXL
Country flag
Do you have any idea if i do on my own wing spoiler installation do i need to change the trunk springs?because i was trying to buy on ebay and they told me that it's not neccesary to change the trunk springs
You don't need it, mine stays open just fine without one. Lol We couldn't figure out why Honda insisted on the trunk springs other than to take more of your money.

KepwengSI

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic SI
Country flag
You don't need it, mine stays open just fine without one. Lol We couldn't figure out why Honda insisted on the trunk springs other than to take more of your money.
Oh i see just wondering because i checked the installation says that i have to replace the trunk springs!did you replace it on your own?does it looks good?

Angela1256

First Name
Angela
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic EXL
Country flag
Oh i see just wondering because i checked the installation says that i have to replace the trunk springs!did you replace it on your own?does it looks good?
Ya I had a huge panic attack when I received my wing and then looked at the installation guide and noticed a ton of things where missing! I even went as far as calling Honda to see how much it would cost to get them separately and it was insanely expensive!!

My brother-in-law installed it for me and it took him about an hour to install.

It looks amazing with the wing!! Also the 3rd brake light just looks so much better than the one inside the car. You won't regret it!^_^
Honda Civic 10th gen OEM trunk wing spoiler for 2016 Civic sedan ima
Honda Civic 10th gen OEM trunk wing spoiler for 2016 Civic sedan ima

KepwengSI

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic SI
Country flag
Ya I had a huge panic attack when I received my wing and then looked at the installation guide and noticed a ton of things where missing! I even went as far as calling Honda to see how much it would cost to get them separately and it was insanely expensive!!

It looks amazing with the wing!! Also the 3rd brake light just looks so much better than the one inside the car. You won't regret it!^_^
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
Damn!!! That was cool and it's looks nice with the spoiler good choice im get one too but i was thinking if it is hard to install it where did you get your spoiler?at the dealer?what parts were missing?you're at the dealer they're expensive

Angela1256

First Name
Angela
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic EXL
Country flag
Damn!!! That was cool and it's looks nice with the spoiler good choice im get one too but i was thinking if it is hard to install it where did you get your spoiler?at the dealer?what parts were missing?you're at the dealer they're expensive
I ordered from a seller on eBay, Autowingkings, for ~$125. If I remember correctly, it came with the brake light, wing, and some nuts/bolts.

I didn't watch my bro in law install it cause I was babysitting my nephew but from what he told me, the hardest part was just drilling the holes because he was scared he'd mess up lol

Civic_Honey627

Can't hide from the cops in this one!
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX-L Coupe Energy Green!!!
Country flag

image.jpeg
image.jpeg
Your neighborhood scenery is EVERYTHING!!! I love the west coast. :)

KepwengSI

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic SI
Country flag
I ordered from a seller on eBay, Autowingkings, for ~$125. If I remember correctly, it came with the brake light, wing, and some nuts/bolts.

I didn't watch my bro in law install it cause I was babysitting my nephew but from what he told me, the hardest part was just drilling the holes because he was scared he'd mess up lol

Yeah you're right that what i was thinking the drilling part i'm a bit scared to messed that up Yeah the autowingkings i checked that one too it 119 now but i dont know if it comes with the template where you can use it to follow where you have to drill on the right one but i dont know where to buy it haha

Angela1256

First Name
Angela
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic EXL
Country flag
Yeah you're right that what i was thinking the drilling part i'm a bit scared to messed that up Yeah the autowingkings i checked that one too it 119 now but i dont know if it comes with the template where you can use it to follow where you have to drill on the right one but i dont know where to buy it haha
You don't need the template, that was the *main* thing that was missing that freaked me out and none of the Honda dealers around me would give me one or let me buy it separately -_-. It's doable without the template. YouTube has a lot of tutorials you can check out:)

KepwengSI

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic SI
Country flag
You don't need the template, that was the *main* thing that was missing that freaked me out and none of the Honda dealers around me would give me one or let me buy it separately -_-. It's doable without the template. YouTube has a lot of tutorials you can check out:)
Yeah before ill do some work on my car ill make sure that i can do it first i've seen a lot of videos on youtube but not for 2016 it's quite easy to watch but i dont know haha So what did you do without the template did you put some paint or mark on the spoiler?

Angela1256

First Name
Angela
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic EXL
Country flag
Yeah before ill do some work on my car ill make sure that i can do it first i've seen a lot of videos on youtube but not for 2016 it's quite easy to watch but i dont know haha So what did you do without the template did you put some paint or mark on the spoiler?
Put tape on your trunk, then once you figure out where you want to place the wing, put the screws into the wing and mark them with paint and then place it down on the tape again to allow the paint to transfer, then you'll know where to drill the holes :)
Sponsored