Presenting the AWE Exhaust Suite for the FK8 Civic Type R. Available now!

frtorres87

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Type R
Country flag
The only thing stopping me from buying this exhaust is that it doesn’t have anything to make it quiter, like a valve or a silencer. My wife would complain about the noise.
Sponsored

elusiveaura

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 CW CTR - 2020 Acura RDX A-Spec
Country flag
I wouldn’t worry about it being too loud. The touring sounds perfect. And at cruising speeds it’s very subtle. I had a thermal and it’s similar to it in sound. Def one of the more tame exhausts out there.

The only thing stopping me from buying this exhaust is that it doesn’t have anything to make it quiter, like a valve or a silencer. My wife would complain about the noise.

frtorres87

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Type R
Country flag
@AWE when’s the next 15% off going to happen?

civicortez

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Type R
Country flag
Just installed my touring AWE yesterday with a rv6 catless downpipe.

let me just say I am completely in love with this exhaust. It is a little loud when I cold start or heavy on the throttle but that’s how I wanted it. Sounds amazing though!

install is a little rough if you don’t have a lift or a jack that can lift it higher than normal.

elusiveaura

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
The front pipe was a bitch for me lol. How about you?

Just installed my touring AWE yesterday with a rv6 catless downpipe.

let me just say I am completely in love with this exhaust. It is a little loud when I cold start or heavy on the throttle but that’s how I wanted it. Sounds amazing though!

install is a little rough if you don’t have a lift or a jack that can lift it higher than normal.

civicortez

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Type R
Country flag
The front pipe was a bitch for me lol. How about you?
Yeah it was rough. The jack I was using couldnt raise it enough to install it how the instructions said to. Had to borrow another jack. And the heat shield would of been rough too but as soon as i couldn't get it, i just took it off

spyder57

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ABP CTR
Country flag
I wouldn’t worry about it being too loud. The touring sounds perfect. And at cruising speeds it’s very subtle. I had a thermal and it’s similar to it in sound. Def one of the more tame exhausts out there.
Why'd you switch from the Thermal? They both sound pretty good, curious to get your views on how they compare.

elusiveaura

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Thermal is a nice exhaust and I was happy with it but I’m always like a crack kid wanting the next thing and constantly changing things. I have the mod bug lol. Both exhausts sound great and more on the tame side, no rasp. I hadn’t planned on changing but for some reason those diamond black tips caught my attention and then I started researching and got myself talked into changing.

The AWE is a little bit louder on low end and acceleration. That could just be because it’s still new and breaking in. They’re very similar I’d say but AWE has a little bit beefier tone to it if that makes sense. I didn’t really hear any drone on either system either. They both sound amazing and sound is going to be different to every person.

The front pipe on the thermal is a lot easier to fit in and uses a different gasket than the awe. Awe uses stock circular gasket. Clamping system is also a little different. Can’t go wrong either way with either system. I’m just never completely happy and always changing mods like an idiot lol

Why'd you switch from the Thermal? They both sound pretty good, curious to get your views on how they compare.

Last edited:

elusiveaura

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
One of my tips was slightly chipped but I’ve filled out the form on AWE website and am waiting On a reply from them to get a replacement. Other than that, no issues.

Honda Civic 10th gen Presenting the AWE Exhaust Suite for the FK8 Civic Type R. Available now! 6ECEA8EB-DC33-4427-BA12-3F1E765D05D0

Honda Civic 10th gen Presenting the AWE Exhaust Suite for the FK8 Civic Type R. Available now! 99E7B321-AB03-4376-8291-0E89FB662502

BurgerSlayer

First Name
Alberto
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Tax season is here, I have a refund due....is there going to be a 15% discount soon?

Nitroturtle

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 PMM CTR, 2006 S2000, 2010 Element EX AWD
Country flag
I already have an RV6 FP that's ceramic coated. Any way to make this work without the AWE FP? I know the AWE attaches differently, but seems like I can't be the only one who already has a FP and interested in this exhaust.

xGreyWorm

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Type R
Country flag
I already have an RV6 FP that's ceramic coated. Any way to make this work without the AWE FP? I know the AWE attaches differently, but seems like I can't be the only one who already has a FP and interested in this exhaust.
I also have an RV6 catless downpipe and front pipe but I decided to just put my front pipe on the shelf for now. Love this exhaust btw. With the catless downpipe it is loud and expresses the exhaust very nicely. It does however get really loud at around 2300 rpm to about 2700 rpm. Not drone but it’s loud in the cabin.
Sponsored