What’s your most loved/hated thing about your Si?

LittleturboSi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Si
Country flag
Love the sound of exhaust/engine combined, I would describe it mellow rumble. Love the look particular the honeycomb, adds character to the car. Love the uniqueness, here I see Si as rare as CTR on the road.

Hate the pedals position, discourage me to enjoy heel toe often. Hate the seat, I have to compromise my preferred body position (sitting very straight up) to avoid neck pain.
Sponsored

samtr87

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Si
Country flag
Overall, I really like the car. My favorite things though are the LED lights, seat comfort, ergonomics, interior/exterior design, Honda sensing, and gas mileage.

What I don't like is the paint quality. There's orange peel on every panel, and it just doesn't look good. I also think the clutch is too soft, because I can't feel when it engages most of the time and it's especially worse if I wear shoes with thicker soles. I wish they didn't cheap out on the interior of the rear doors and used the same materials as the front door so they don't seem like they came from a different car. The Goodyear all-seasons don't belong on this car. They have no grip, especially in the rain.

Compared to others here, I don't have a problem with build quality or rattles. My car is only 3 months old though and I came from a Fiesta ST so maybe my tolerance for NVH is different.

2ndCivic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 civic si
Country flag
Overall, I really like the car. My favorite things though are the LED lights, seat comfort, ergonomics, interior/exterior design, Honda sensing, and gas mileage.

What I don't like is the paint quality. There's orange peel on every panel, and it just doesn't look good. I also think the clutch is too soft, because I can't feel when it engages most of the time and it's especially worse if I wear shoes with thicker soles. I wish they didn't cheap out on the interior of the rear doors and used the same materials as the front door so they don't seem like they came from a different car. The Goodyear all-seasons don't belong on this car. They have no grip, especially in the rain.

Compared to others here, I don't have a problem with build quality or rattles. My car is only 3 months old though and I came from a Fiesta ST so maybe my tolerance for NVH is different.
Ouch, if I had orange peel on my car I'd probably tell them no at the dealership. That's a pretty serious quality control issue and I'm surprised Honda would ship a car like that.

samtr87

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Si
Country flag
Ouch, if I had orange peel on my car I'd probably tell them no at the dealership. That's a pretty serious quality control issue and I'm surprised Honda would ship a car like that.
I'm not talking about defect level orange peel. I'm talking about noticeable enough that it's annoying and no matter how much polishing I could do, it will still be there. I detail for a hobby and these things bother me more than others. It looks fine from 5+ feet away.

Honda's aren't known for good paint.

FC3L15B7

I'm a machine.
First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 Honda Civic 2 Door Coupe Si / 1993 Chrysler Intrepid 3.5L
Country flag
My favorite thing about my Si is that People always consider our cars to be SLOW because it’s a Honda. Until they get a taste of my Ethanol (when I used to run it) and dust.

My most hated thing about my Si is that there’s no option to upgrade GDI injectors.. Yet :)

also the parking brake :(
1) I hate the park brake auto-release that doesn't auto-release when you don't put on the seatbelt while on private property
2) I hate that bitch complaining about me not wearing my seat belt when I'm moving the car on private property lol
3) I hate that people expect me to speed and drive like an asshole

si_well

First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Si
Country flag
I love the overall package of the Si, being a fun car to drive without compromise on practicality. It’s the perfect daily driver for me.

I can’t say I hate anything about it, but I do have some minor gripes. My biggest gripe would probably be not having a remote starter. I get that it’s a manual and knew that it was a sacrifice I was making when I bought it, and I could get an aftermarket solution for like $500, but I wish it just came with one from the factory. Other than that all I could really complain about is the chrome window trim (which I blacked out already) and the fact that I have to plug my phone in to use apple car play (which I can’t blame Honda for).

FC3L15B7

I'm a machine.
First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
I love the overall package of the Si, being a fun car to drive without compromise on practicality. It’s the perfect daily driver for me.

I can’t say I hate anything about it, but I do have some minor gripes. My biggest gripe would probably be not having a remote starter. I get that it’s a manual and knew that it was a sacrifice I was making when I bought it, and I could get an aftermarket solution for like $500, but I wish it just came with one from the factory. Other than that all I could really complain about is the chrome window trim (which I blacked out already) and the fact that I have to plug my phone in to use apple car play (which I can’t blame Honda for).
Do you use a block heater? If not, you're better off without the remote starter IMO, unless you only want to use it in the summer. If you remote start your Si in the winter and it's idling away, it's going to heat up slowly and promote higher oil dilution. You'd be better off starting it and only idling long enough for oil to circulate and the air-fuel mixture to lean out and drive it gently until it heats up to operating temperature.

amirza786

First Name
A
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Polestar 2, 2010 Lexus IS 350 Sport
Country flag
1) I hate the park brake auto-release that doesn't auto-release when you don't put on the seatbelt while on private property
2) I hate that bitch complaining about me not wearing my seat belt when I'm moving the car on private property lol
Haha, are you actually Canadian, or are you an American living in Canada? Because I'm expecting your next statement to be "and God darn them (toned down version), they better not come after my Guns!"

I've met and know a lot of Canadians, and I can tell in about a minute their from Canada, especially if they are from Toronto

Last edited:

REBELXSi

Señor Member
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Si coupe RIP, '20 CRV EX-L Hybrid
Country flag
Weird, my car doesn't know if I'm private property.

FC3L15B7

I'm a machine.
First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Haha, are you actually Canadian, or are you an American living in Canada? Because I'm expecting your next statement to be "and God darn them (toned down version), they better not come after my Guns!"

I've met and know a lot of Canadians, and I can tell in about a minute their from Canada, especially if they are from Toronto
Yes, I was born and live in Canada, but I wouldn't mind living just across the border for guns. Is that satisfying or confusing? ;)

amirza786

First Name
A
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Polestar 2, 2010 Lexus IS 350 Sport
Country flag
Yes, I was born and live in Canada, but I wouldn't mind living just across the border for guns. Is that satisfying or confusing? ;)
A little of both :)

jokacz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
09 Mini Cooper S, 19 SI Coupe
Country flag
Rev hang is cured with a tune, I have K-tuner with TSP Stage 1.

I don't have creaks and rattles. I have a coupe, which is assembled in Canada.

I wonder if the sedans made in USA are the rattlers.

I hate how slow the head unit is.

And of course, the lousy clutch.

The LSD makes the car, almost lets me forget that it's FWD, which I generally can't stand.

Reactions: JMM

2ndCivic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 civic si
Country flag
Rev hang is cured with a tune, I have K-tuner with TSP Stage 1.

I don't have creaks and rattles. I have a coupe, which is assembled in Canada.

I wonder if the sedans made in USA are the rattlers.

I hate how slow the head unit is.

And of course, the lousy clutch.

The LSD makes the car, almost lets me forget that it's FWD, which I generally can't stand.
All of the SIs are made(final assembly) in Canada. I don't know if I'm lucky and don't have the creaks and rattles or if I just don't notice them.

BlackPearl_SI_FC1

IG: @black_pearl_si
First Name
Nolan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Si Sedan (FC1)
Country flag
Love:
Exterior styling with the exception of the fake vents.
Factory performance isn’t all that bad.
All around fun to drive and brings a slightly more “premium” feel compared to past Si’s I’ve owned.

Hate:
Chrome. Fake vents. Sluggish throttle response on stock tune, the fact that the platform is pretty neutered from factory and that god forsaken rev hang. I also feel y’all on the rattles in the interior. I had mine for less than 6 months before hearing it in my passenger side door interior.

If I could influence Honda on any part of the Si platform it’d probably be in the power dept. I think a proper 250hp base for the Si, and like 325hp on the CTR are more suited for what is generally done with these cars. The exhausts on both platforms are painfully quiet compared to some of the competition (Velocetor N and turbo/Focus ST/RS, STI specifically)

We can’t win em all. Still if anyone is on the fence on like a sport hatch/civic sport, I’d say go Si. Especially since to 2020 has the safety stuff in it.
Sponsored

Reactions: JMM