SonicBreezerST160

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Sonic Gray Pearl ST Hatchback
Country flag
How did you end up figuring out the template issues? The one they sent was obviously scaled way too small. Tried printing out the one made by a forum member here with multiple scalings. Could not get it where everything seemed correct.
We traced around the stanchion pieces for the template, measuring distances from the sides and bottom, and making straight line marks as we adjusted for proper fitment. Not the easiest way of doing it, but it worked. The wing hardware is pretty solid, and we reinforced all the bolts with blue Loctite, and used silicon sealant around the drilled holes after the touch up paint.
Sponsored

Rozer95

First Name
Rosario
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic 1.5 Sport+ MY 2020
Country flag
Cool we already have a topic about this but unfortunately I don't have enough time to read and translate it all.
So let me ask you guys what else do I need after buying the ABS Dynamics spoiler? Does it come with a kit?
I'm gonna bring the car to a body shop but still I want him to do the cleanest job possible.

SonicBreezerST160

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Cool we already have a topic about this but unfortunately I don't have enough time to read and translate it all.
So let me ask you guys what else do I need after buying the ABS Dynamics spoiler? Does it come with a kit?
I'm gonna bring the car to a body shop but still I want him to do the cleanest job possible.
No "kit", no instructions. It does come with hardware for install though.

Rozer95

First Name
Rosario
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Thanks so besides the wing, what else do I need to buy & bring to the body shop?

Jeh

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Honda Civic hatchback sport
Country flag
Does anyone have a link for the ABS Dynamic template for drilling holes?

Jeh

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Just had mine installed from a shop. No vibrations or any problems that I can tell. The wing sits almost flush except for a small part due to the construction of the wing not the shop's fault.

I got the BaysonR type r wing but I'm pretty sure ABS Dynamic is just as good. I feel like the procivic wing might be better but it's more expensive. My reason for buying the BaysonR wing over ABS is because BaysonR actually has photographs of their wing installed on a car, not a picture of a Type R or photo shopped wing and they actually replied to my questions.

I gave the shop the procivic template for drilling. The BaysonR wing does not include any instructions/template.

I would highly recommend paying the extra money to have it done professionally as in make sure the shop is worth the money and they actually care about your car. I paid 764~ for paint/install. The wing costed me 130~ during a black friday sale. The shop handled everything, sealant, etc and didn't require me to tell them. They did not opt to use loctite due to it being pretty much permanent, but they did use something else. How they explained it was they used some kind of rubber material and had a bolt to hold the screw from the other end. Both of these did not come with the wing. They also swapped out my roof spoiler with the OEM roof garnish from the Type R.

I went to Gotham City Collision East for the installation if you're in the NYC area.

The wing looks a lot better in person and I would not recommend getting the smaller wing.
Honda Civic 10th gen Type r wing back

I don't know if the winglet is aimed at the right direction but there is no other way to install it to make it flush.
Honda Civic 10th gen Type r wing side

This is the only area that's not perfectly flush (the wing's fault not the shop's). According to the shop, the trunk has a drain hole so making sure it's 100% sealed should not be a huge concern even though they did seal it for me with foam.
Honda Civic 10th gen Type r wing 1

Honda Civic 10th gen Type r wing 2

OEM L and R roof garnish in place of the roof spoiler.
Honda Civic 10th gen Type r wing garnish

Last edited:

Rozer95

First Name
Rosario
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Sorry for the off topic, may I ask you where did you get that red line under the skirts/lower spoiler?

P.S.: car looking beautiful

Jeh

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Sorry for the off topic, may I ask you where did you get that red line under the skirts/lower spoiler?

P.S.: car looking beautiful
I just got some generic red pinstripe tape 1/4 from pinstripesupply.com but I would probably get 3m or a better brand.

Last edited:

Javi_16

First Name
Javi
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Sport Hathcback
Country flag
Hey guys, I’m new to the site still getting familiar with it but wanted to let u guys know I did just install a Type R spoiler myself today. I got it one eBay for $300 bucks and it already came painted oem Aegean blue. The install was pretty simple but it takes time. I can take pictures tomorrow and post it. At first I was a bit skeptical about the quality but the fit is great. I used Matt’s template(FK7 civic). The template was nice but the spoiler I had bought the holes were a little farther than the template but that why we make sure before drilling. The wing looks awesome. If you guys are planning to install one I recommend to at least think about trying it. I saved about $200 bucks doing it myself. I went to a body shop actually and they couldn’t even put the wing tightest as it came in parts. I went home and did it myself. This is the first ever aesthetic mod but it’s definitely achievable by anyone. Just takes a little patience and time. Lmk if anyone wants the link to where I bought it from.

SonicBreezerST160

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
:postpics:
Hey guys, I’m new to the site still getting familiar with it but wanted to let u guys know I did just install a Type R spoiler myself today. I got it one eBay for $300 bucks and it already came painted oem Aegean blue. The install was pretty simple but it takes time. I can take pictures tomorrow and post it. At first I was a bit skeptical about the quality but the fit is great. I used Matt’s template(FK7 civic). The template was nice but the spoiler I had bought the holes were a little farther than the template but that why we make sure before drilling. The wing looks awesome. If you guys are planning to install one I recommend to at least think about trying it. I saved about $200 bucks doing it myself. I went to a body shop actually and they couldn’t even put the wing tightest as it came in parts. I went home and did it myself. This is the first ever aesthetic mod but it’s definitely achievable by anyone. Just takes a little patience and time. Lmk if anyone wants the link to where I bought it from.