stevessvt

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Modern Steel Metallic Civic Si
Country flag
Am I the only one who can’t hear any difference at all in my 20 Si in engine/exhaust note between Sport and not Sport modes? I swear I hear -0- difference. Its supposed to be louder in Sport mode, right? I know it’s supposed to be piped in through the speakers.
Sponsored

generem

First Name
Manuel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Si
Country flag
There is a very slight difference in sound coming from the speakers.. Turn off your radio

SDAlexander8

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17’ Si FC3, 17’ Accord 2dr V6 6MT, 22’ RL RTL-E
Country flag
Are you the original owner? I did see that the computer that generates the sound can be unplugged and disabled behind the glove box.

OP
OP
stevessvt

stevessvt

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Modern Steel Metallic Civic Si
Country flag
Are you the original owner? I did see that the computer that generates the sound can be unplugged and disabled behind the glove box.
Yep. 598 miles it.

There is a very slight difference in sound coming from the speakers.. Turn off your radio
I haven’t tried listening with the radio off. It must be pretty subtle if it can only be heard with the radio off.

2020PWP

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Si, 2018 GT350 Track Pack, Hopefully a Soobie one day too
Country flag
I can hear it more, its like a hum. I'm at 2800 miles.

Last edited:

Jeffers

First Name
Jeffers
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Si Coupe purchased on 11-24-19
Country flag
Am I the only one who can’t hear any difference at all in my 20 Si in engine/exhaust note between Sport and not Sport modes? I swear I hear -0- difference. Its supposed to be louder in Sport mode, right? I know it’s supposed to be piped in through the speakers.
It's kind of subtle and Honda did a good job of blending it in with the natural sounds. Hard to tell where the natural fades and the synthetic begins. Higher RPM is when the synthetic sound is strongest.
That's why I decided to unplug mine to see the difference. After watching Cameron Hill's youtube video, it seemed easy enough to tryout. My plan is to get used to 'au naturel' for a while, and then plug it back in to see which way I like it better.
Since I haven't found though research _exactly_how it works. The whole thing has left me with some questions.
First is, I'm not absolutely sure Honda doesn't blend a tiny bit of synthetic sound into non sport mode as well. Second is, Honda uses noise canceling technology in the Accord with a module that looks like ours.
Do our Civic's also have noise canceling technology built in to that module I've unplugged?
Sponsored