First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 BNP Touring, '07 Mercury Milan
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Worst case scenario we keep the car for a few years and then sell or trade it in once we have some positive equity. I doubt there will be a whole hell of a lot going wrong mechanically though. I'd much rather live with rattles than a catastrophic engine failure! *fingers crossed*knock on wood*do the reliability dance* :spaz:
Agreed, I feel like I shouldn't have any major issues. Just a few minor fit and finish things that I can live with...

Ben&Jen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Touring Cosmic
I had 2 and I fixed them myself. A loose spare tire and the jack rattled. I wrapped them in bubble wrap and covered it with a old towel

and the other was a loose passenger seat lock latch. I wrapped gorilla tape on the loop and now it shuts tight. Cheap latch. About it for now.

OP
OP
lmoore1436

lmoore1436

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic EX BNP
Found the source of my drivers door rattle, which is the most irritating. There is a panel that is cut very poorly and doesn't have a fastener to keep it in so it's just vibrating whenever I drive. See pics below. Not too sure what I am going to do though, if I take it to the dealer and they take stuff apart it is almost guaranteed that there will be more rattles, so I'll have to find a solution.
Honda Civic 10th gen Anyone noticing small rattles? door1.JPG
Honda Civic 10th gen Anyone noticing small rattles? door2.JPG

domm92

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 civic touring
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Found the source of my drivers door rattle, which is the most irritating. There is a panel that is cut very poorly and doesn't have a fastener to keep it in so it's just vibrating whenever I drive. See pics below. Not too sure what I am going to do though, if I take it to the dealer and they take stuff apart it is almost guaranteed that there will be more rattles, so I'll have to find a solution.
door1.JPG
door2.JPG
Mine looks a little worse then yours.

OP
OP
lmoore1436

lmoore1436

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic EX BNP
Mine looks a little worse then yours.
Yeah? I find it hard to believe they would cut these trim pieces like this.... Does yours have a fastener where the two connect? Mine doesn't have anything that clips in or attaches

domm92

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 civic touring
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Yeah? I find it hard to believe they would cut these trim pieces like this.... Does yours have a fastener where the two connect? Mine doesn't have anything that clips in or attaches
I dont know ill take a picture and I'll post it here soon. Also behind that I have a big gap. I can't see in your picture if you do but I'll post that as well.

domm92

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 civic touring
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Honda Civic 10th gen Anyone noticing small rattles? ima

Honda Civic 10th gen Anyone noticing small rattles? ima

domm92

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 civic touring
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
You guys think I should get it fixed? I don't want them to take the dash apart

OP
OP
lmoore1436

lmoore1436

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic EX BNP
You guys think I should get it fixed? I don't want them to take the dash apart
I don't think so, taking the dash apart will probably cause another rattle or two. Probably be best to give it a while and maybe you'll forget about it? That's what I'm going to try to do, I don't see how they could fix it either since there is nothing on that piece to keep it snapped into place.

domm92

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 civic touring
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I don't think so, taking the dash apart will probably cause another rattle or two. Probably be best to give it a while and maybe you'll forget about it? That's what I'm going to try to do, I don't see how they could fix it either since there is nothing on that piece to keep it snapped into place.
I noticed it 2 days after purchase. Doesn't really bother me that much because you can't see it when the door is closed and it doesn't make any noise.

The true test will be this winter to see how many rattles there will be when the car is really cold.
Sponsored