Banging noise from front end during wheel slip '19 Si

PowerPerLiter

Specific Output
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Si Coupe 91 Talon TSI AWD 6262 280's N20 and 87 Buick Regal T 6776bb built N20
nope, my cars don’t break much Sure, I have blown motor mounts, snapped axle shafts, roasted clutches, and so on.

Good luck bub. My suggestion is to think about what your doing mechanically to the stuff you own... have a little consideration for your expectations as it sounds like your a consistent torture to most vehicles.
Sponsored

OP
OP

Luke Duke

First Name
Luke
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Si
Country flag
Wheel hop happens on RWD vehicles too...
i
Good luck bub. My suggestion is to think about what your doing mechanically to the stuff you own... have a little consideration for your expectations as it sounds like your a consistent torture to most vehicles.
I guess I appreciate those comments as well. I will however continue to operate my machines how I see fit, when things break, I will repair them with superior parts in hopes that it doesn’t happen again or at least not as soon. Often times I will ask others if they experience similar issues and see what they did to fix said problems, I do this perhaps on a forum. I did not buy a turbo coupe to drive Miss Daisy around town. Stop shaming me for roaching my own machine, it doesn't have feelings and I can afford to fix it. But again, thanks for the feedback!

amirza786

First Name
A
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Polestar 2, 2010 Lexus IS 350 Sport
Country flag
The mechanical LSD also makes some noise when spinning the wheels and cornering. Most fwd cars don't have LSD, and since it's in the front, you would hear it more and feel it. It's like a clunk sound

BTW, thanks for being patient with us. Most people get upset when everyone piles on!

Danimal

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Si Coupe
Country flag
This is classic wheel hop. Sounds like the dash is going to fall in your lap. Yes, RWD cars can get some wheel hop but FWD cars have always startled me when they do it. It’s not a 2019 Civic thing, it’s a car thing. I’m a bit surprised that you’re surprised by it given your professed level of experience!

it scares me every time but I also think it’s kinda funny... It mostly only happens to me in the rain when I’m feelin frisky and then I immediately don’t feel frisky any more.

Dan

snowflake

First Name
Dakota
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Si Coupe- White Orchid
Country flag
I freaked out about the same thing, good ol wheel hop. I have the Boomba rear motor mount, it did initially vibrate the car a lot, but after a few thousand miles, it’s more subtle. I did have a few mechanics try to tell me that my car had an exhaust rattle, but we also own an Evo ix and it has 90 durometer mounts and I’ve gotten used to that so it doesn’t bother me that much. I have launched it hard as hell and it doesn’t wheel hop at all anymore and I feel like my harsh acceleration even at speed is more useful as well.

EdwarDallas

First Name
Edward
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Si
Country flag
Get a 27Won Rear Motor Mount (RMM). Easy to install. Problem solved.

PowerPerLiter

Specific Output
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Si Coupe 91 Talon TSI AWD 6262 280's N20 and 87 Buick Regal T 6776bb built N20
i

I guess I appreciate those comments as well. I will however continue to operate my machines how I see fit, when things break, I will repair them with superior parts in hopes that it doesn’t happen again or at least not as soon. Often times I will ask others if they experience similar issues and see what they did to fix said problems, I do this perhaps on a forum. I did not buy a turbo coupe to drive Miss Daisy around town. Stop shaming me for roaching my own machine, it doesn't have feelings and I can afford to fix it. But again, thanks for the feedback!
Good sport! Sorry for shaming you. We are just used to the occasional mindless posts that point to catastrophic ends for the cars usually. For you never having experienced wheel hop/axle wrap with anything (that you've known of anyway) indicated you are either very young or just very inexperienced. If you have the money to fix it when it breaks than who am I to give you shit! Enjoy your car and as suggested I would also highly recommend a rear motor mount upgrade. I ran a hasport 62a on my old car. Worked very well at eliminating practically all the wheel hop except on rainy days.

Last edited:
OP
OP

Luke Duke

First Name
Luke
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Si
Country flag
Powerperliter, you are an ass. Aside from that you guys are great, many thanks for all of your help! I finally put the Perrin inserts in. They are great. As far as NVH, I hear it on immediate start up for about a second, no biggie. The only time I can tell its there is when taking off slowly from a dead stop there is a pretty noticeable vibration, but by the time the clutch is out its all gone. I’m willing to bet that if the mount was like this from the start, no one would know the difference. I heard about people putting in mounts and then taking them out because of NVH, but I see no reason at this point, at least not with this kit. Thanks again for all of your help!!!
Sponsored