Honda Civic Type-R Over sticker dealer naughty list.

Zeffy94

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mazda3 GT Hatch 6AT, 2018 Honda Civic Type R (traded in)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
It's not though. It's in another galaxy compared to any other FWD vehicle ever made. That's what keeps it strong.
Yup, I’d say the closest competitor it has is the Veloster N with the performance package. The Type R still performs better in pretty much every way though.
Sponsored

WindJunkie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 CTR LE USA-367, 2011 Civic Si (FA5)
Country flag
closest competitor it has is the Veloster N
I hate Hyundai. They're such a troll to Honda and a junk brand in general. My wife has a '14 Santa Fe which has had plenty of issues. I'm slowly working her up to test out a Passport and RDX for that matter

ThorSellsCars

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 CW CTR, 2019 Honda Civic EX 1.5T (Sold)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Andy, at Russell & Smith Honda in Houston, refused to provide a price over the phone and mentioned twice about a 10-15K markup. Asked me what my preferred price is, which I said MSRP, and was basically laughed at. This was for a 2019 PMM that has they have had for many months, according to him. I told him plenty of folks, across the nation, are buying these at MSRP (or lower), and to get with it.

Andy Tran
Internet Sales
832-597-9189

Russell & Smith Honda
2900 South Loop West Freeway
Houston TX, 77054
Russel is awful, Honda of Spring, Classic Honda and Big Star Honda are your best bets at MSRP

Casstyperawr

First Name
Cassidy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 civic Type R, 2018 civic Type R
Country flag
I hate Hyundai. They're such a troll to Honda and a junk brand in general. My wife has a '14 Santa Fe which has had plenty of issues. I'm slowly working her up to test out a Passport and RDX for that matter
Just traded in one of my CTR for a passport! Happiest girl alive! Your wife will love it!!

SSchmed

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Cayman R, E30 M3
Country flag
Glenwood Springs, Colorado Phil Long Honda has a $10k adjustment on top of MSRP for their blue CTR. I laughed when I saw it on the sticker today.

Deleted member 32279

Glenwood Springs, Colorado Phil Long Honda has a $10k adjustment on top of MSRP for their blue CTR. I laughed when I saw it on the sticker today.
There is no way this car is even worth the sticker price that I paid. Leaking valve covers and never ending second gear grind. Fully regret buying this piece of junk. Now I have do the dealership dance again and try to fix my trans which Honda won’t admit theirs a problem

BryanCO

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 SGP CTR, 2007 GT3, 1993 Miata
Country flag
There is no way this car is even worth the sticker price that I paid. Leaking valve covers and never ending second gear grind. Fully regret buying this piece of junk. Now I have do the dealership dance again and try to fix my trans which Honda won’t admit theirs a problem
That sucks. Sounds like you should sell it and move on.

Deleted member 32279

That sucks. Sounds like you should sell it and move on.
I won’t sell it with a problem. That is not the right thing to do. Every vehicle( motorcycles included), that I have sold never came with hidden problems. However I will have the dealer try to fix it and then I will sell it. But I do hate the dealership fiasco that I anticipated may occur

BryanCO

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
I won’t sell it with a problem. That is not the right thing to do. Every vehicle( motorcycles included), that I have sold never came with hidden problems. However I will have the dealer try to fix it and then I will sell it. But I do hate the dealership fiasco that I anticipated may occur
Agree. Not suggesting you pass along a problem, but that if you’ve soured on the car, it’s probably not worth the frustration. I recently did the same thing with my F80 M3. Wasn’t mechanical issues, but I really just didn’t care for the car.

Deleted member 32279

Agree. Not suggesting you pass along a problem, but that if you’ve soured on the car, it’s probably not worth the frustration. I recently did the same thing with my F80 M3. Wasn’t mechanical issues, but I really just didn’t care for the car.
I’m curious why you didn’t like the BMW M3? What year was it?

BryanCO

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
2015 that had about 28k miles when I bought it. I have also test driven newer ones but really not enough to be able to highlight the key differences.

I’ve had many BMWs including M cars. The F80 felt heavy and the opposite of lively. The engine seemed to overpower the chassis. Felt more like a muscle car than a sports sedan. Didn’t like the artificial engine sounds. Loved the overall design/styling and materials, just wasn’t fun (actually somewhat annoying) to drive.

Deleted member 32279

2015 that had about 28k miles when I bought it. I have also test driven newer ones but really not enough to be able to highlight the key differences.

I’ve had many BMWs including M cars. The F80 felt heavy and the opposite of lively. The engine seemed to overpower the chassis. Felt more like a muscle car than a sports sedan. Didn’t like the artificial engine sounds. Loved the overall design/styling and materials, just wasn’t fun (actually somewhat annoying) to drive.
The reason I asked because I was about to buy a BMW M2 then I decided on the CTR. I did not test drive either. I had many BMWs, currently the 2019 BMW 540x-drive m-sport. Never owned a true M version. Fast in a straight line but It feels like a big boat however my wife loves it. I wanted a smaller vehicle that handles. I thought The Honda choice would be bullet proof. I think I’m regretting my choice

BryanCO

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
The reason I asked because I was about to buy a BMW M2 then I decided on the CTR. I did not test drive either. I had many BMWs, currently the 2019 BMW 540x-drive m-sport. Never owned a true M version. Fast in a straight line but It feels like a big boat however my wife loves it. I wanted a smaller vehicle that handles. I thought The Honda choice would be bullet proof. I think I’m regretting my choice
Tough to buy a car (or motorcycle) without a test drive.

But, the valve cover leak should be an easy warranty repair. 2nd gear issue may be more difficult to remedy. Seems as though the reposted issues with the car is pretty low.

A M2c is a lot more $ and not more fun. All depends on what you enjoy in a car.

Deleted member 32279

Tough to buy a car (or motorcycle) without a test drive.

But, the valve cover leak should be an easy warranty repair. 2nd gear issue may be more difficult to remedy. Seems as though the reposted issues with the car is pretty low.

A M2c is a lot more $ and not more fun. All depends on what you enjoy in a car.
Thanks for the reply
Sponsored