I feel bad.

Zukoh

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Type R
Country flag
I got chipotle for dinner and I usually throw the bag on the ground. Idk why, but I put it on the passenger seat and somehow the f*cking salsa leaked through the bag and dripped on my seats.

Is it going to stain?

I wiped it up with a little soap and a wash cloth, but I am still so sad. It is burning in my brain ;(((((((((((((((((
Sponsored

Tim818

King Of The ā€˜Ring
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Civic EX, 2018 CTR
Country flag
It most likely stained the foam under that cloth, steam clean that part if it bothers you, I always put 2 small towels on the seat if Iā€™m transporting food.

OP
OP

Zukoh

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Type R
Country flag
It most likely stained the foam under that cloth, steam clean that part if it bothers you, I always put 2 small towels on the seat if Iā€™m transporting food.
dang really? it just drizzled on the seat you I am really depressed if it went under man damn!

Tim818

King Of The ā€˜Ring
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Civic EX, 2018 CTR
Country flag
dang really? it just drizzled on the seat you I am really depressed if it went under man damn!
Hope you got a very good interior cleaner to take care of it right away, I always been told steam cleaning helps lift up those stains from underneath also.

OneSickFK8

Banned
Banned
First Name
Jae
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
PMM FK8
Country flag
Well maybe its karma for always throwing your trash on the ground? There are these things called trash cans.
I think he meant in the floor of the car.

OP, NEVER EVER EVER EVER put food bags on your seat. I learned this lesson in my C6 Z06. Picked up chicken wings and drove 15min home. Leaked all in my seat. I had to replace the foam underneath.

WhatThePuck

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Acura Rsx (sold), '19 CW CTR 23909
Country flag
Oof! I hope it isn't too bad and you can get it out. I haven't bought seat covers yet and I have a small denim mark on the driver's seat...it kills me every time I see it. So you know, everyday. :confused:

wildbilly32

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
05 Porsche C4S 19 CTR #24184 19 Volvo XC40 R
Country flag
I did that a while back with Chinese food. Dabbed it off dry then with a damp white rag. Can't see it but still will have it professionally cleaned this Spring. Not that big of a deal. It can be corrected.

OP
OP

Zukoh

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Type R
Country flag
Well maybe its karma for always throwing your trash on the ground? There are these things called trash cans.
It wasnā€™t trash bro my car is spotless. I was taking it home.

I did that a while back with Chinese food. Dabbed it off dry then with a damp white rag. Can't see it but still will have it professionally cleaned this Spring. Not that big of a deal. It can be corrected.
Still bugs me that it happened, but I used a white damp rag and a little dish soap. I checked this morning and canā€™t even see a trace of it so I think it was just surface level... hope it didnā€™t go underneath tho :(

wildbilly32

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Still bugs me that it happened, but I used a white damp rag and a little dish soap. I checked this morning and canā€™t even see a trace of it so I think it was just surface level... hope it didnā€™t go underneath tho :(
At least it wasn't a five year old projectile vomiting pizza and orange soda!:puke:

I think you're good to go. Don't beat yourself up...stuff happens.

Harlaquin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Type R and a beater ford focus
Country flag
It wasnā€™t trash bro my car is spotless. I was taking it home.
Your original post said you usually throw your trash on the ground. I was going from that. Sorry.

timtzotz

First Name
timtzotz
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Type R (SGP); 2015 Subaru XV Crosstrek
Country flag
On may last good car I installed the invisible shield to protect paint, did same on the wife's. Her vehicle of course got dings on places not protected that I thought were safe. In the end, it's just a car. I am not going to worry about every little ding and scratch on my CTR. I saw a commercial from Infiniti last year (link below) that may give you perspective on your recent event, especially the last scene! Enjoy your CTR!

wildbilly32

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
On may last good car I installed the invisible shield to protect paint, did same on the wife's. Her vehicle of course got dings on places not protected that I thought were safe. In the end, it's just a car. I am not going to worry about every little ding and scratch on my CTR. I saw a commercial from Infiniti last year (link below) that may give you perspective on your recent event, especially the last scene! Enjoy your CTR!
While I couldn't agree more with your comments and the end of the commercial your post is going to raise some controversy! There was already a thread here about "Do you eat in your CTR?" which was quite funny.

If I owned a $300k+ Ferrari/Lambo/Bentley/Rolls/or other exotic I would probably still eat in it when necessary. Blasphemy? Maybe, but if I could afford one of those cars I could afford to have it detailed/cleaned/massaged any time I wanted!

The CTR is a nice car, but it is NOT "a precious"! Hell a crap load of pickups on the market now cost more than a CTR and I bet they get eaten in. Drive and enjoy the car. If you want to keep it a "pristine untouchable" and refuse to let anyone eat in it fine your choice. Otherwise life is going to happen. BTW the Japanese engineers think Americans are barbaric because we do eat in our cars. Years ago there was some deal with seat belt buckles not latching properly and the engineers were shocked to find potato chips, peanuts and other various bits of snack items inside the buckles causing them to malfunction. It was a hilarious read.

To each their own.
Sponsored