Project Harukonokaze R-00691
First Name
Ismael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Type R, 2016 Honda Accord sport, 2007 Honda Pilot
Country flag
Saw this on YouTube and actually LoL’d. Mugen out here charging Insane prices for their products. I understand that it’s not for everyone, I understand it’s priced for well off people, I understand you as the content creator know your own worth, but damn! The fk8 is only a 35k car. That alone should give them an idea what the target market should be. Hell, even if it was a thousand or two more than regular parts I’m ok with. I understand you gotta get ya money, but holey moley 7k for an exhaust, 9k for a carbon wing, 10k for a carbon hood smh...lol even the guy interviewing him was a bit taken aback by the prices.
I never planned to buy it any, but I do know some people who was planning to do the mugen build thing good luck.

Honda Civic 10th gen Mugen parts ED76BD3B-EF62-4E6E-9341-AD5008BB4F0B

Honda Civic 10th gen Mugen parts B832C6C4-64E0-4F1D-B989-53900A651B25

Honda Civic 10th gen Mugen parts 3E056C26-DA6F-4906-BB27-A11DEF108F81

Night Fury

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Black Type R
Country flag
I’m not try to rant on anyone’s will to buy Mugen parts (myself included, if I could), yes, they are unrealistic when it comes to price, availability & their market research is horrible: at the end of the day, this is a Civic & prices should be lower. Customer service is poor, especially when you factor parts/brand with what they do vs. the price, it is just right, only for some people.. This is an undercover case of fake exclusivity as bad as the ADM for the Type R.
Been loyal paying a lot for it :fear:

Note: Perhaps best way to reach amicable terms with any aftermarket brand would be adjusted prices depending on the region.

PrisonerOfDoom

First Name
Dustin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 Type R #3166, '04 IS300, '01 Tacoma
Country flag
Yeah, the pricing for some of their stuff is insane. Definitely too rich for my blood.

LURK-R

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Hatch
Country flag
Are said products made in Japan?

iDerek2

First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Type R
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Made in Taiwan actually.

jdm_94

First Name
CJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 Civic Type R & 14 Toyota Tacoma 4x4 TRD Sport
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Mugen is no the only one what about $3.5k Spoon bumper cover... Geez if these are good prices call me cheap af!!

Ouhei

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 CW CTR
Country flag
Mugen has always been expensive, not really anything new. The fact that the aero kit is decently priced is what shocks me.

OP
OP
Ismael Lafluer

Ismael Lafluer

Project Harukonokaze R-00691
First Name
Ismael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Type R, 2016 Honda Accord sport, 2007 Honda Pilot
Country flag
Mugen has always been expensive, not really anything new. The fact that the aero kit is decently priced is what shocks me.
that shocked me too lol. What they’re asking is beyond expensive in value to what the car is worth. I’m 100% sure they’re quality parts, those prices seem inflated a lot. The hood and wing was what blew me away...even if so much R&D went into the hood and wing who is actually tracking their car with 20k invested in those 2 parts, and even if they did the prize money better be worth it. Also if they weren’t intended for track use then what was the point of all that R&D? I’m 100 certain it probably wouldn’t solve the heat soak issues either. At least they can provide data to back up their prices.
For example if the full aero kit helped you shave 3 to 5 secs off your track time. IDK lol it’s kibda funny how lots of folks starting buying all the affordable mugen parts talking about they’re gonna do a full mugen build then mugen said “hold TF up, you aren’t legit unless you have these parts here” lol
I’d love to see a build in real life.

Hoobastnk90

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Type R
Country flag
Yea ive ventured down that Mugen rabbit hole before, tbh some of the stuff is not even that great of quality and i ve had items that the fitment is not anything special. I ve gotten away from Mugen and for the most part Spoon because there stuff seems like its super expensive but made cheaply for the most part now a days. Spoon to be fair is not nearly as crazy as far as pricing at least.

jdm_94

First Name
CJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 Civic Type R & 14 Toyota Tacoma 4x4 TRD Sport
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Mugen used to take my attention a lot before but now with all the fake parts out there make this company look cheap and guy what's your opinion about the Mugen wheels? to me they are ugly af!!!

.grimace

First Name
Byron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Honda CTR, 2022 Range Rover , 1990 CRX SI
Country flag
I think being able to pay these prices and know you shouldn't go hand in hand. I really wanted their wing I was thinking 4k to maybe 5k max which even then I was like ehhhh I dunno.

Seeing their prices wow they're crazy! Like you said its a 34k car when I bought it or 37k now? Either way you can't charge almost 30k for an exhaust, wing and hood this is why I don't mod my Porsches. People pay those prices and think it's fair. I just don't understand.

/rant
Sponsored