2020 Type-R Parts

JohnEBlaze

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘18 CW Type R
Country flag
Let me explain my comment on reserving judgement. I certainly didn’t say anything about intercooler piping but I assume you are talking about someone else. First of all, they said in their press release:

and I take from that there are additional details that we don’t know. I also listened to their entire press conference and although it’s pretty typical marketing speak, the fact that they stated up on stage “improved engine cooling” as a headline feature makes me hope that the engineers were actually allowed to make a real improvement and not just enlarge the grille. I’m also basing this on my past observation with how Honda is willing to do real engineering changes during mid-cycle updates.

Anyway, I am just saying we should reserve final judgement until we get someone doing the inevitable youtube tear down.
Those additional details are pricing and date of availability.

This thread was started by someone that has access to Honda’s parts list and pricing with the ability to compare different years. There would be other parts listed if there was a new radiator, cooling duct, or whatever.

So no tear down needed LMAO.
Sponsored

Last edited:

CTRHONDATA

Banned
Banned
First Name
CK
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CTR
Country flag
There is one thing I’m happy about having a 2018, no active sound control! I.e sound symposer...

Unless I’m wrong and it instead cancels out drone...
Japan always does it right, i.e. honda engineers. They wont ruin the car it will be the best active sound control ever

Estoril4

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Hatchback Sport Mt, 2017 Toyota 4runner XP, 2014 Audi S4, 2017 CBP Type R
Country flag
They may update the pad and rotor to avoid the dreadful sounds on the current brake which sounds like a truck and squeaking when it stop at slow speed if they are not warm up enough
I was thinking this as well. The higher temp rated pads arent very convincing though and if the 2 piece rotors are floating then they will be even noisier

.grimace

First Name
Byron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Honda CTR, 2022 Range Rover , 1990 CRX SI
Country flag
Interested in the new control arm/ knuckle as well as the shifter. Guess now we wait

19typeRblk

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1989 Porsche 944 turbo S, 1978 Porsche 911SC, 2014 Toyota Tundra
Country flag
These upgrades are basically my whole shopping list! Enviable, but they may have come at a terrible price... where's the volume knob?
My 2019 has a volume knob, the 2020 dosen't?

19typeRblk

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1989 Porsche 944 turbo S, 1978 Porsche 911SC, 2014 Toyota Tundra
Country flag
They play fake engine noises through the speakers of the car that are directly related to the mode and speed. the faster the car goes the more fake engine /exhaust noise it plays.
Yeah but does it drown out a screaming Wife at speed??

98-0425

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 Civic Type-R #12307, 98 Integra Type-R #0425, 07 Pilot EX-L, 17 Pilot Elite
Country flag
My 2019 has a volume knob, the 2020 dosen't?
JDM models have Gathers headunits as an option, therefore won't have the same infotainment as US models. 2020 US models will have a volume knob.

Dave B

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Corvette Z06 (sold) 2020 CW
Country flag
Interested in the new control arm/ knuckle as well as the shifter. Guess now we wait
What are the changes to the knuckle and control arm. I hear the rear arm has a bit stiffer bushing but is there anything else?

OP
OP

jasonjm

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Type-R
Country flag
What are the changes to the knuckle and control arm. I hear the rear arm has a bit stiffer bushing but is there anything else?
Supposed slight changes of front geometry. Until parts numbers hit the system really hard to tell if it’s real change or minor improvement for manufacturing from change in supplier - masquerading as advertised change.

JohnEBlaze

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘18 CW Type R
Country flag
Supposed slight changes of front geometry. Until parts numbers hit the system really hard to tell if it’s real change or minor improvement for manufacturing from change in supplier - masquerading as advertised change.
Interestingly there’s no mention of suspension changes or updates to the car in the marketing email I received. Only the rotors, shorter shifter, led mirrors, grill, aero update, and new color.
Sponsored