PRL Motorsports 2017+ Honda Civic Type-R FK8 Turbocharger Inlet Pipe Kit

Tim818

King Of The ā€˜Ring
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Civic EX, 2018 CTR
Country flag
We are happy to let everyone know that we have fulfilled all Titanium inlet pipe orders and they are leaving our shop today!
I still havenā€™t gotten a tracking number lol, bought mines from a vendor.

davemarco

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Type R (CBP), 2013 Audi TTRS
Country flag
I still havenā€™t gotten a tracking number lol, bought mines from a vendor.
Bought mine on Black Friday from MAP and I just got my tracking number at around 10 pm this evening. You'll probably get one tomorrow.

AdamD19DFK8

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 FK8 Type R, 2007 Civic Si Sedan
Country flag
Mine shipped at around 4 yesterday! This'll be a good weekend, hope weather is good. It snowed earlier this week so the roads still have a salt coating to them which sucks

SGPFK8

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Type R - Sonic Grey Pearl
Country flag
Here's mine, installed it the other day. Fit and finish were perfect. The silicone tube was also perfect size unlike the one originally included with my Prl HVI.

Honda Civic 10th gen PRL Motorsports 2017+ Honda Civic Type-R FK8 Turbocharger Inlet Pipe Kit 1

AdamD19DFK8

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Here's mine, installed it the other day. Fit and finish were perfect. The silicone tube was also perfect size unlike the one originally included with my Prl HVI.

1.jpg
Nice. Looks like your evap hose was hitting the hood with the hvi hose. Mine looked worn down some after only 1 day.

SGPFK8

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Nice. Looks like your evap hose was hitting the hood with the hvi hose. Mine looked worn down some after only 1 day.
Yup, that HVI hose needs some redesign. Perhaps I received a faulty one. Although, after sending them photos and such I was told it was ā€œnormalā€. I also ran into the issue where the silicone hose included with their HVI was a bit on the short side. My mechanic and I attempted all their ā€œtips and tricksā€ such as loosening and re-fitting different areas while installing to no avail. My only gripe was that upon several complaints at no point did anyone in their team volunteer to send me a replacement or directly reach out to me. I didnā€™t really push the issue since I was getting a new silicone hose with the TIP. Nice catch btw!

AdamD19DFK8

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
is there any noticeable gain from this mod with the factory turbo?
The HVI? Or the inlet? My inlet is on the truck for delivery so hopefully it's in hand soon. There was a noticable difference when I switched out the mishimoto hot air intake to the prl hvi. It gave higher readings on VD plus my IAT2 and IAT temperatures were lower, much lower iat2. Intercooler has to work less. Boost builds faster with the hvi and charge pipes, will be slightly quicker with the inlet on as well. I'm sure the titanium inlet will increase airflow even more as well as lower IAT temps. I will be doing a lot of testing this weekend. Temps are supposed to be in the 60s tomorrow so the roads shouldn't be as slippery as long as the road salt has washed away.

Yup, that HVI hose needs some redesign. Perhaps I received a faulty one. Although, after sending them photos and such I was told it was ā€œnormalā€. I also ran into the issue where the silicone hose included with their HVI was a bit on the short side. My mechanic and I attempted all their ā€œtips and tricksā€ such as loosening and re-fitting different areas while installing to no avail. My only gripe was that upon several complaints at no point did anyone in their team volunteer to send me a replacement or directly reach out to me. I didnā€™t really push the issue since I was getting a new silicone hose with the TIP. Nice catch btw!
That's odd, they have always had prompt and thorough responses to any of my questions. Did you call them directly, email, or even messaged here. Spencer always answers for me. My hose seemed a little short on the inlet side and the evap flange didn't fit well. Once I rotated the hose more inwards towards the engine the space on the inlet was minimal. I bent the metal vapor line by hand down and away and rotated the flange about 45 degrees towards the vapor line and it stopped it from hitting the hood.

Last edited:

SGPFK8

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Feedback?

I can speak for myself, I feel more low end power and quicker acceleration. I haven't dynoed so exact numbers are unknown for sure. I did throw a CEL "P0101" which is a Mass Air Flow (MAF) amongst a few more. However, I did recently load a new calibration via Hondata so either that or the increased air flow is the culprit. Other CEL's such as REV Matching also came up which disabled my REV match. I erased the codes and changed the calibration and it's been good since.So honestly it may very well be that. However, keep in mind PRL "does" recommend a tune.

AdamD19DFK8

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Feedback?
Roads have been wet/slippery all week. Today they're pretty dry and it's unseasonally warm out. Managed to get a few pulls in on my way to my friends house, I'll have to check the logs later, haven't been able to get any good data on wether or not my fuel pump is handling it and if I need to lower my tourque targets. Most pulls I have, had a ton of wheelspin where traction control and vsa step in retarding the ignition and lowering boost some. It shows duty jumping between 95%-85%. Tonight should be able to log some good 3rd and 4th gear pulls.

The hvi sounds even better with the inlet. Turbo spool is instantaneous.

02SilverSiHB

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 FK8
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
The hvi sounds even better with the inlet. Turbo spool is instantaneous.
Nice, I'm on the fence on this or the ridiculously overpriced rampage one...I just don't like all the pieces that PRL has done with the inlet and intake.
Sponsored