Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.seselectronicssolutions.com
Vehicle(s)
Civic type R
Country flag
This issue, is mostly caused by air in the clutch lines and the clutch line pipe who connects from the clutch master cylinder to the clutch slave cylinder , the connection in the clutch master cylinder (out to slave) must have a free play , that's why has a rubber seal inside, for avoid the vibrations in the line.
Sponsored

remc86007

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Type R
Country flag
I went to a local Honda dealer to discuss the warranty/repair process for this issue. Basically I was told to drop my R off and someone will get to it to at some point during the day to review and test, at least two days I'd have to go without the R. Me being there during the whole process, showing the issue, is out of the question, according to this dealer service rep. They basically want to write down notes on what I describe, then follow their own testing process without me present whenever they can get to it. It seems unreasonable to me. I think it would make sense for a tech to schedule a time to ride with me, them being a passenger, and me showing them the exact issue as it is easy to replicate. I realize that for Honda Fits and lesser valued cars they need to follow standard protocol, but realistically how many CTRs come rolling through their garage for warranty work? Probably next to none (They had an ABP CTR on their showroom for $47k, so it's definitely a naughty dealer FWIW).

I walked out, didn't schedule anything. If the job itself isn't too bad, I think I'm going to change out the CMC myself with the help of friends/family. On that note, if anyone knows of a CMC replacement video on the CTR, please share. Thanks
I think I know which dealer you are talking about. I have yet to take my CTR to a dealer for anything, and I don't think I will.

On a related note, I haven't heard the buzzing since I installed my AWE exhaust haha

WindJunkie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 CTR LE USA-367, 2011 Civic Si (FA5)
Country flag
On a related note, I haven't heard the buzzing since I installed my AWE exhaust
That is really interesting to know. My friend who worked in an auto garage for 20 years listened to the sound last weekend and told me he believes there is a some sort of shield/exhaust shield that is rubbing up against something near the clutch, causing the loud buzz and the clutch pedal to shake. I wonder if when you changed exhaust systems, a guard or shield was properly adjusted in the process.

It is definitely possible it has nothing to do with the CMC, I think I'm going to pull my car up on ramps to take a look down there to see if there is any kind of misplaced exhaust shield

remc86007

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Type R
Country flag
That is really interesting to know. My friend who worked in an auto garage for 20 years listened to the sound last weekend and told me he believes there is a some sort of shield/exhaust shield that is rubbing up against something near the clutch, causing the loud buzz and the clutch pedal to shake. I wonder if when you changed exhaust systems, a guard or shield was properly adjusted in the process.

It is definitely possible it has nothing to do with the CMC, I think I'm going to pull my car up on ramps to take a look down there to see if there is any kind of misplaced exhaust shield
I'll try to make it happen today to see if it's still there. It's possible the exhaust is just loud enough I'm not hearing it, but usually I could it feel it through the clutch pedal.

WindJunkie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
I'll try to make it happen today to see if it's still there. It's possible the exhaust is just loud enough I'm not hearing it, but usually I could it feel it through the clutch pedal.
Any luck hearing it with the new exhaust? I'm going to Puerto Rico for a vacation but when I get back my friend is going to take a look at exhaust/heat shields in the area of the clutch rod. We suspect something in that area is vibrating into/on the clutch

remc86007

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Type R
Country flag
Any luck hearing it with the new exhaust? I'm going to Puerto Rico for a vacation but when I get back my friend is going to take a look at exhaust/heat shields in the area of the clutch rod. We suspect something in that area is vibrating into/on the clutch
Unfortunately I am still hearing it from time to time, although somewhat less frequently. I think it is because the exhaust has changed the vibrations of the engine a little bit. This weekend I'll try revving it up to around 5k and manipulating the clutch to see if I can still consistently get it to happen.

When it happens, I really feel it through the clutch which makes me think it is something directly connected to or part of the clutch master cylinder. If I can figure out exactly what part needs to be replaced, I'd rather pay out of pocket and install it myself rather than l the dealer touch it.

I'm going to try to make it to Cars and Coffee this Saturday, if you are still in town, maybe I'll see you there.

tbobtx

First Name
tbob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Type R 2011 Subaru Legacy 3.6R 2015 Volvo XC60 3.0L polestar 2003 Ford F150 Lariat crewcab
Country flag
Just an FYI. Before replacing the clutch master cylinder On my vehicle, they did bleed the system and fill it as that is part of the “process” to eliminate wasteful parts replacement. It did not fix the issue. Hence the replacement.
I have driven about 500miles and no issues so far with this concern.
I do have other irritating noises/rattles but that is addressed in another post of mine.

Severedninja

First Name
Severed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Type R
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
It seems that my video of the issue is no longer playing. If you check the comments, that is the shop foreman of a Honda Dealership saying it's the BOV making that noise.:rofl:

tbobtx

First Name
tbob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Type R 2011 Subaru Legacy 3.6R 2015 Volvo XC60 3.0L polestar 2003 Ford F150 Lariat crewcab
Country flag
Yeah that’s the clutch master cylinder. Maybe the choof is blow off valve but the zinging is definitely the clutch master cylinder. They are thinking of another annoying noise where BOV rod could make a rattle but this is very specific over 4K. If you hold the clutch in a bit longer when shift over 4K it may help as zing stays longer.

WindJunkie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
I noticed this morning that the buzzing sound doesn't occur, or at least occur as loudly, when the engine is cold. Haven't had it looked at by Honda, living with it at the moment, but tired of hearing it every drive

WindJunkie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
I'm taking my car into Honda tomorrow morning. I'm too sick of the rattle to continue driving it without getting fixed. Will report back

tbobtx

First Name
tbob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
I now have about 1000miles on the fix and we are still good. Rain, shine, cold, hot. Seen it all and hasn’t returned.

WindJunkie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
SOLVED

They added six miles to the odometer in the process. One drive to identify/recreate issue, the other to see if they fixed it. No dings or dents to the naked eye. It’s great to shift and hear the engine/exhaust for once. It only took 10k miles for me to take it in, I should have gone sooner. In and out same day service, scheduled at 8am

Honda Civic 10th gen Buzzing sound when depressing clutch pedal at 5-6k rpm 289087D9-0ECF-492C-B9F8-55930C29F0EB

Last edited:

tbobtx

First Name
tbob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
We will see if this works. The dealer checked all this on mine and all was clear. Maybe yours was a misplaced line rubbing but I’ll be surprised. We will see if your solution stands test of time.

seselectronics

CivicX Basic Sponsor
First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.seselectronicssolutions.com
Vehicle(s)
Civic type R
Country flag
We will see if this works. The dealer checked all this on mine and all was clear. Maybe yours was a misplaced line rubbing but I’ll be surprised. We will see if your solution stands test of time.
Just check this line has to be loose , that line has a o ring and has to seat with free play to absorb the line vibrations . You should be able to move with your hands if not you can bend the line until the line get free play between the connection and the clutch master cylinder

Honda Civic 10th gen Buzzing sound when depressing clutch pedal at 5-6k rpm C47ACA8B-1E6B-4BB6-8986-1567A8870A6B
Sponsored