Planet Honda, Union, New Jersey does horrible service

• Thread starter Deleted member 32279
  • Start date
  • Watchers 7

Deleted member 32279

Had my valve cover gasket replaced due to a oil leak. Take a look at the quality service work at Planet Honda in Union, NJ. All the cover bolts were loose. Battery negative was loose. The wiring was routed wrong. Rubber hose was broken. Bolts were loose attaching the steel vacuum lines. Had to go back to redo. A few days later I decided to see if it was leaking oil again and to my surprise it was. So I took cover off and notice that that hose to the pcv was just laying there With the spring clamp so I reattached it. I have been checking every day and no leaks so far. No wonder people don’t trust dealerships.

Honda Civic 10th gen Planet Honda, Union, New Jersey does horrible service 744DAF5B-BD59-442D-AA13-040D161747C8

Honda Civic 10th gen Planet Honda, Union, New Jersey does horrible service 3778B4CB-4069-4044-9885-652FB8F142CE

Honda Civic 10th gen Planet Honda, Union, New Jersey does horrible service 2E900B3E-D5A3-4BDF-87BA-4446C935098B

Honda Civic 10th gen Planet Honda, Union, New Jersey does horrible service A7776D2D-CF16-4B46-BAD5-E3B07734A1BD

Honda Civic 10th gen Planet Honda, Union, New Jersey does horrible service 5A46D35F-7DC6-483E-A5A0-F7D652A0295C

Last edited by a moderator:

Hayabusa160

The Master
First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic type r
Country flag
yea...thats a shitty dealership i talked to them when i was buying a ctr and i did not get a good vibe at all. it seemed like everyone from sales was from the hood. i cant imagine what the service department would be like if that was the case.
you best bet is to contract honda and bring this up.

OP
OP

Deleted member 32279

I brought the car back and it was done correctly. However, imagine all of the people that don’t check under the hood after they have their car serviced at the dealership. They drive off trusting that their dealership did quality work then a few days later stuck on the side of the road not knowing what happened. I have no faith in dealerships. The service department has no quality control.

ToofHurts

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 CW CTR
Country flag
I brought the car back and it was done correctly. However, imagine all of the people that don’t check under the hood after they have their car serviced at the dealership. They drive off trusting that their dealership did quality work then a few days later stuck on the side of the road not knowing what happened. I have no faith in dealerships. The service department has no quality control.
Damn. I need to bring my car in for it's first service. I also live in NJ. I need to do some research now.

Mat8754

First Name
Syed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FK8
Country flag
Went there once for an oil change for my Civic LX 2 years ago. They had the car for 8 hours and when I went back said they were "really busy and would get to it eventually". Super rude so I just took the car from them right then and never went back. I would never take my Type R there. Had a decent experience at DCH Honda in old bridge, might want to check them out. I moved and now the dealer closest to me is autosport Honda but I've never paid them a visit yet. I try to avoid the dealer as much as possible because more often than not it's a terrible experience and the car comes back with new issues. Glad you got your car sorted out though!

OP
OP

Deleted member 32279

Damn. I need to bring my car in for it's first service. I also live in NJ. I need to do some research now.
If it’s just an oil change, try to do it yourself. I only use the dealers for warranty work . Maintenance (oil, brakes, etc) I do myself

PwrOfDreams

It ain't a Type R then it ain't a tight car
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Other
Country flag
If it’s just an oil change, try to do it yourself. I only use the dealers for warranty work . Maintenance (oil, brakes, etc) I do myself
I do the same thing. The maintenance stuff I either do myself or have my trusting mechanic to do it. The warranty stuff I leave for the dealership. Good thing that this car don’t need much warranty work. I have experienced missing clips, screws and bolts whenever they touch anything in the motor. My warranty will expire soon so no need for me to worry about dealership techs messing up my stuff.

PwrOfDreams

It ain't a Type R then it ain't a tight car
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Other
Country flag
Had my valve cover gasket replaced due to a oil leak. Take a look at the quality service work at Planet Honda in Union, NJ. All the cover bolts were loose. Battery negative was loose. The wiring was routed wrong. Rubber hose was broken. Bolts were loose attaching the steel vacuum lines. Had to go back to redo. A few days later I decided to see if it was leaking oil again and to my surprise it was. So I took cover off and notice that that hose to the pcv was just laying there With the spring clamp so I reattached it. I have been checking every day and no leaks so far. No wonder people don’t trust dealerships.

744DAF5B-BD59-442D-AA13-040D161747C8.jpeg

3778B4CB-4069-4044-9885-652FB8F142CE.jpeg

2E900B3E-D5A3-4BDF-87BA-4446C935098B.jpeg

A7776D2D-CF16-4B46-BAD5-E3B07734A1BD.jpeg

5A46D35F-7DC6-483E-A5A0-F7D652A0295C.jpeg
With that type of shoddy workmanship. Pray that they don’t drop anything in the engine while they were replacing the valve cover gasket like bolts , clips or debris.

OP
OP

Deleted member 32279

With that type of shoddy workmanship. Pray that they don’t drop anything in the engine while they were replacing the valve cover gasket like bolts , clips or debris.
Its a good chance that they did. I also hope they torqued the valve cover bolts to spec but time will tell

Last edited by a moderator:

josh8604

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 CTR BBP
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Sorry to see this happen. This is why I don't trust dealerships, I know not all are the same but when you represent a brand like Honda you should take pride in your work!

Poogles86

First Name
Gordon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Civic Si Sedan
Country flag
If you're looking for a new dealer to take your car to I'd recommend DCH Academy Honda in Old Bridge. I bought my 9th Gen Si there and have been having it serviced there as well with no complaints.

9000RPM

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 CTR // '14 Cayenne
Country flag
That sucks man. Any good dealerships in Central Jersey? I think the Hondabond on my oil pan failed. Looking for a good place to bring it to in the Spring time.

OP
OP

Deleted member 32279

If you're looking for a new dealer to take your car to I'd recommend DCH Academy Honda in Old Bridge. I bought my 9th Gen Si there and have been having it serviced there as well with no complaints.
thanks

Whiting087

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic 2.0l 4D LX
Country flag
So far I’ve been satisfied with Causeway Honda (rte 72, Manahawkin). It’s twice the distance than my nearest dealer (Toms River Honda), but the shop/service reps/waiting areas are much more professional and not as “dated” as the Toms River one...plus they have Express Service.
Sponsored