ycehcky

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Si
Country flag
I have done the Type R subframe brace and Rear sway bar. Made a noticeable difference on the track. Less body roll and a little more oversteer. I have a Type R RMM I want to install, which will hopefully help with wheel hop/traction. I know it won't be a huge difference, but I do not want a ton of vibration.

jacobegg

First Name
Jacob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic Touring
Country flag
Has anyone fitted one on the 10th-gen sedan (non-Si)? I know it fits the Si and hatchback but haven't heard any confirmation on the regular sedan.
People have tried. Only the Si and the hatchback have the threaded mounting holes. You're probably going to find holes with nothing to thread the bolts into.
2016 sedan. Has the holes with the threads. Bolts up no problem. Here’s a couple views.

Honda Civic 10th gen A worthy upgrade C6276C98-806E-4161-AFCE-B12994A6643A

Honda Civic 10th gen A worthy upgrade 18EC2B51-E831-4143-AA03-48ACDD240574

Honda Civic 10th gen A worthy upgrade 642225F1-15CE-4841-BA53-D057E9629386

Honda Civic 10th gen A worthy upgrade 858B77EC-6D4E-4670-84BD-904F4977F1F4

Honda Civic 10th gen A worthy upgrade 780904E1-02E2-45A9-AAA9-DE3CEB961A17

TypeSiR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1.5T Civic, Fit, MX-5, CTR
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
2016 sedan. Has the holes with the threads. Bolts up no problem. Here’s a couple views.

C6276C98-806E-4161-AFCE-B12994A6643A.jpeg

18EC2B51-E831-4143-AA03-48ACDD240574.jpeg

642225F1-15CE-4841-BA53-D057E9629386.jpeg

858B77EC-6D4E-4670-84BD-904F4977F1F4.jpeg

780904E1-02E2-45A9-AAA9-DE3CEB961A17.jpeg
Thanks for the confirmation! Already bought the brace months ago. Just never got around to installing it. Now I can turn the family sedan into a Type R slayer! ;)

JT Si

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Car
Country flag
That's very odd, IIRC the one it didn't fit was a sport sedan. I'll have to find the old thread.

Cornercarver

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda civic Type R, 2002 Lexus SC430
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Everytime the topic of modifying ones car comes up (especially tuning) our community seems split into two groups: 1.those who mod 2. Those who think its moronic to do so.

To start the Year off right i thought i should post about a mod i figured both groups could get behind!

I have subframe bracing on my 9th gen and it makes a world of difference. Even before i bought my new Si i was researching subframe bracing assuming the new 10th gen would benefit from it as well, i soon learned the new chassis was way stiffer stock for stock. It caught my eye that the Type R came with a subframe brace stock. But i stopped researching assuming the new chassis would be enough.

After owning the 10th gen a few days, i was amazed. The new chassis was miles ahead of the previous gen. I couldnt get that Type R subframe brace out of my head. Not because i necessarily thought the car needed it, but because there was no real review of it on a Si and if Honda has it on the Type R it must do something, right? It was 38$ and $4 for the bolts so i caved and bought one.

Install was a breeze, thanks @jacobegg for the extra set of hands!

I immediately felt a difference coming out of my bumpy neighborhood road. The pot holes and bumps where much more pronounced, the car seemed less forgiving in that sense. I immediately got on the freeway and drove 1 mile to the nearest 180° highway exit. The results where awesome

This brace shined at highspeed sweeping turns. It didnt increase corning speed like maybe a sway bar would. It doesnt increase the "limit" of the car. It does, however, make finding the limit and riding it much easier. The car felt settled much sooner during turn in and made holding a line much less work. Its such a confidence booster when approaching turns. It almost makes turning on these stock eagle all seasons fun!

For a OEM piece that cost under $50 im blown away. I hope someone finds this helpful and i wish you all and your families a happy new year!
Good to know, thank you. When you do replace the stock Eagles, you may want to pony up for the Michelin Pilot Sport 4S summer tires. I did and noticed a huge difference in grip, which was already pretty strong. Also wet traction was much, much better as well. Of course if it snows in OK you're out of luck, or drops below freezing...
...not a common occurrence here in this part of AZ.

OP
OP
Maroco

Maroco

First Name
Martin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Honda civic lx 2020 civic si
Country flag
Good to know, thank you. When you do replace the stock Eagles, you may want to pony up for the Michelin Pilot Sport 4S summer tires. I did and noticed a huge difference in grip, which was already pretty strong. Also wet traction was much, much better as well. Of course if it snows in OK you're out of luck, or drops below freezing...
Thanks for the advice! These stock tires don't compliment this car very well, and in the rain they make the car scary to drive. Good to know the PS 4S are something to look at.

I do worry about the 25ish days a year we get below freezing. Ice storms aren't uncommon either. I really think i need to get a set of summer wheels wrapped with the PS 4S and get the stock ones wrapped in a good all season like the as3. Just gotta save while i wear down this stock rubber:drive:

Unless you know a decent summer tire that wont kill me around 32 degrees lol

vieux georges

First Name
georges
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017civic si coupe
Country flag
The key to improved handling and starting:
-CTR RMM
-CTR subframe brace
-Front strut bar, whatever the brand
-Lighter rims equipped with PS 4
The difference is very appreciable.

OP
OP
Maroco

Maroco

First Name
Martin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
The key to improved handling and starting:
-CTR RMM
-CTR subframe brace
-Front strut bar, whatever the brand
-Lighter rims equipped with PS 4
The difference is very appreciable.
Im half way there then! I also have a whiteline rear sway bar im installing this weekend. Strut bar next month and then tires when it warms up!

THATSi

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Civic Si
Country flag
I thought about those, I had those in all seasons but since I'm now in FL I don't need all seasons. I went with the Nitto INVO's, lot cheaper and softer tire, grip is amazing but they're only good for like 25k miles, they do awesome in the rain as well and are very quiet

JT Si

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Car
Country flag
That's very odd, IIRC the one it didn't fit was a sport sedan. I'll have to find the old thread.
Looks like it was an EX that didn't have the threads. I assumed based on that it was only the Si's and hatchbacks that had them, but now it appears more complicated.

finch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 civic si, 2018 Accord sport, 2005 Saab 92x
Country flag
I think the 1.5 engine sub frame is the common denominator

OP
OP
Maroco

Maroco

First Name
Martin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Looks like it was an EX that didn't have the threads. I assumed based on that it was only the Si's and hatchbacks that had them, but now it appears more complicated.
There are multiple empty hole in the subframe. Its easy to miss the right ones. I have a hard time believing there is one model of civic with a subframe that has a different manufacturing process. Why would they go through the trouble of not putting threads on just the EX? Not saying you are wrong. Just doesnt seem logical to me
Sponsored