2.0L RV6 Looking for 2.0L Downpipe BETA Testers

a c i d.f l y

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic EX 2.0 CVT Sedan w Sensing
Country flag
You need a resonator, and even with stock exhaust, the catless is definitely noticeably loud. It calms down after a couple of months, but it's still gonna be tinny and raspy. I ran it for about 6 months on stock exhaust until I had to pass inspection, which happened shortly before the high flow cat came out that I had my catless retrofitted with.

The performance of the catless cannot be understated, however. With a tune, that shit just launches, and top-end gain is heyyuuuge.
Sponsored

NSaneeee

First Name
Jordan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Sport Sedan
Country flag
You need a resonator, and even with stock exhaust, the catless is definitely noticeably loud. It calms down after a couple of months, but it's still gonna be tinny and raspy. I ran it for about 6 months on stock exhaust until I had to pass inspection, which happened shortly before the high flow cat came out that I had my catless retrofitted with.

The performance of the catless cannot be understated, however. With a tune, that shit just launches, and top-end gain is heyyuuuge.
Yeah I need something to tone that down a little lol I guess it just feels a little sluggish on the low end? Idk if it’s because I’m almost straight piped that I’m losing low end on it maybe adding another muffler will help with that? Not too sure

NSaneeee

First Name
Jordan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag

Just updating on this, wow the power is definitely there! From stop lights and just ripping it wow it definitely has a noticeable power increase it’s very satisfying, however the sound is not. I’m starting by adding an 18” Vibrant bottle style resonator hoping to tame some of that rasp and terrible drone, then if that’s not enough I’m going to add a performance muffler like a magnaflow and hope that I finally get a sound I like

a c i d.f l y

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Two weeks and my check engine light flagged, even with the O2 sensor plugged straight in. Happened when driving very slowly for an extended duration (fucking Sunday drivers). Was fine until now. Will reset the computer and run again. Might need to soak the sensor in fuel to clean it.

a c i d.f l y

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Yeah I need something to tone that down a little lol I guess it just feels a little sluggish on the low end? Idk if it’s because I’m almost straight piped that I’m losing low end on it maybe adding another muffler will help with that? Not too sure
Are you tuned?

FrostyTree

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Sport Sedan MT
Country flag
Just a quick update. Got 300 miles on the catted downpipe and still no CEL. Gas mileage has pretty much maintained the same as long as I drive sensible. However that's been super hard to do now that I feel much more confident on the freeway w the added power. Dumping into 3rd gear going over 50 to get to 75 has become a new norm for me.

Yes for sure
Out of curiosity, what does low end mean to you?

Also when I 1st used k-tuner i actually uploaded the tune to one of the empty profiles on the device itself and not the actual ECU. I thought i just made a huge purchasing mistake. Then later that day i figured it out and was highly impressed when i did it right. perhaps you did the same.

NSaneeee

First Name
Jordan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Just a quick update. Got 300 miles on the catted downpipe and still no CEL. Gas mileage has pretty much maintained the same as long as I drive sensible. However that's been super hard to do now that I feel much more confident on the freeway w the added power. Dumping into 3rd gear going over 50 to get to 75 has become a new norm for me.

Out of curiosity, what does low end mean to you?

Also when I 1st used k-tuner i actually uploaded the tune to one of the empty profiles on the device itself and not the actual ECU. I thought i just made a huge purchasing mistake. Then later that day i figured it out and was highly impressed when i did it right. perhaps you did the same.
Nah man I def have the tune uploaded correctly. See what’s been happening is the day I first put it on it was sooooo damn loud I guess I was being a girl and not really driving it but as I’ve been driving it more and more man the downpipe is really great lol and I guess low end would be like 2nd gear around 2000rpm it’s a little slow but it’s kinda always been that way, but I’m actually very impressed with this downpipe I just am now on a mission to tame the loud rasp and find a good sound and I’ll be living my best life

FrostyTree

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Sport Sedan MT
Country flag
Nah man I def have the tune uploaded correctly. See what’s been happening is the day I first put it on it was sooooo damn loud I guess I was being a girl and not really driving it but as I’ve been driving it more and more man the downpipe is really great lol and I guess low end would be like 2nd gear around 2000rpm it’s a little slow but it’s kinda always been that way, but I’m actually very impressed with this downpipe I just am now on a mission to tame the loud rasp and find a good sound and I’ll be living my best life
Sweet! Yeah, anything under 3k felt sluggish from stock to my current setup. Really any manual i have owned has been the same. I usually change gears around 3000 to 3500 when just cruising and then higher rpms for when its "appropriate".

Hope you can tame the loud rasp soon!

NSaneeee

First Name
Jordan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Sweet! Yeah, anything under 3k felt sluggish from stock to my current setup. Really any manual i have owned has been the same. I usually change gears around 3000 to 3500 when just cruising and then higher rpms for when its "appropriate".

Hope you can tame the loud rasp soon!
I’ll let you know what I come up with and if it works or not, I’m starting out with dropping in an 18” Vibrant resonator, still without muffler, and seeing what that outcome is. If it doesn’t fix it all the way I’m gunna try to use a performance muffler

long_meats

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Coupe LX CVT
Country flag
Two weeks and my check engine light flagged, even with the O2 sensor plugged straight in. Happened when driving very slowly for an extended duration (fucking Sunday drivers). Was fine until now. Will reset the computer and run again. Might need to soak the sensor in fuel to clean it.
So this is going to sound really odd, but I just had the CEL pop up on me today too :(

I checked the code, but this time it's a P0420. No idea if it's related to the downpipe or not, but it's a different code than last time.

Honda Civic 10th gen RV6 Looking for 2.0L Downpipe BETA Testers 20200106_201716

CivicPlease

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Sedan
Country flag
I’ll let you know what I come up with and if it works or not, I’m starting out with dropping in an 18” Vibrant resonator, still without muffler, and seeing what that outcome is. If it doesn’t fix it all the way I’m gunna try to use a performance muffler
Keep us updated bro. My exhaust is exactly like @mvela he was my inspiration for that sound. The sound I have right now is perfect with the flowmaster dbx and double pipe, I would really like to run the downpipe as well but after reading all of you guys posts I'm scared it'll be too loud for Cali . Keep us updated if you ever get to tame the sound.

NSaneeee

First Name
Jordan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Keep us updated bro. My exhaust is exactly like @mvela he was my inspiration for that sound. The sound I have right now is perfect with the flowmaster dbx and double pipe, I would really like to run the downpipe as well but after reading all of you guys posts I'm scared it'll be too loud for Cali . Keep us updated if you ever get to tame the sound.
I forget what he’s running, you have the Flowmaster in place of the resonator right? Then just straight out the back to a dual pipe? Yeah if that’s what y’all got deleting the cat and running the downpipe is gunna be pretty loud idk how that Flowmaster works but I think you’re gunna need a resonator to clean up the downpipe noises

a c i d.f l y

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Resonator makes a huge difference in muting out rasp. The DBX alone essentially exacerbates sound, especially without an actual muffler, or resonator. I'd put a Vibrant resonator in where the stock one was and move the DBX to the back end of the pipe where the muffler used to be.

I wouldn't run without a resonator or muffler. The downpipe performance is worth it, and the zero performance gain of swapping/removing the resonator/muffler is not.

Curious to see a p0420 code. That means the cat isn't converting fumes like it should. The other code was 0139, which meant the O2 sensor wasn't getting enough flow. I wonder if a non-angled defouler might get things to that happy medium of enough flow to prevent 0139, but not enough to flag 0420.... @RV6 thoughts? I've uninstalled and installed this thing enough I'm getting pretty pro at it.

CivicPlease

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Sedan
Country flag
Resonator makes a huge difference in muting out rasp. The DBX alone essentially exacerbates sound, especially without an actual muffler, or resonator. I'd put a Vibrant resonator in where the stock one was and move the DBX to the back end of the pipe where the muffler used to be.

I wouldn't run without a resonator or muffler. The downpipe performance is worth it, and the zero performance gain of swapping/removing the resonator/muffler is not.

Curious to see a p0420 code. That means the cat isn't converting fumes like it should. The other code was 0139, which meant the O2 sensor wasn't getting enough flow. I wonder if a non-angled defouler might get things to that happy medium of enough flow to prevent 0139, but not enough to flag 0420.... @RV6 thoughts? I've uninstalled and installed this thing enough I'm getting pretty pro at it.
Do you mean putting a new vibrant resonator in the area I circled? Do you think that would work out?

Honda Civic 10th gen RV6 Looking for 2.0L Downpipe BETA Testers 847B6689-C602-44A3-B139-B62544CF6FE9
Sponsored