Instant Jailbreak

akadic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
(sold) CTR 1722
Country flag
Thanks @Hondata for sharing/creating this. I installed it yesterday. One question though. When selecting maps, the normal fuel is set to 10% ethanol. I only pump at one Shell gas station and use 93 every time. The label on their station says 10% ethanol. However on your app, when I select to see the ethanol content, it displays zero. Is that a concern?

Thanks!
Sponsored

OP
OP
Hondata

Hondata

Hondata
Elite Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.hondata.com
Vehicle(s)
23' Type R,22' Civic Si,18' Accord 2.0T,17' FK8
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Unless you have an ethanol sensor wired for flexfuel than the ECU does not know the ethanol content of the fuel.

Mature Banana

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CTR
Country flag
Hondata clearly states that applying their tuning is only legal for track use, but lots of folks seem to be tuning their daily drivers. What are the consequences of street use with this tune?

omar0123

First Name
Omar
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 type r
Country flag
Maybe hondata can say something on that . I believe it can be used at all times , tunes are based of your bolt ons . Or just want more power when needed , i would say that aggressive tunes are more just for track days

Mature Banana

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CTR
Country flag
Maybe hondata can say something on that . I believe it can be used at all times , tunes are based of your bolt ons . Or just want more power when needed , i would say that aggressive tunes are more just for track days
Thank you. And yep, I’m wondering if @Hondata has any comment beyond the warning printed on their tuning kits.

TypeSiR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1.5T Civic, Fit, MX-5, CTR
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Hondata clearly states that applying their tuning is only legal for track use, but lots of folks seem to be tuning their daily drivers. What are the consequences of street use with this tune?
Mostly just more fun on the street with just a tune. But if you are balls-out modded with a loud exhaust and gets caught by a LEO, just be prepared to accept the consequence as a grown adult. The race version ain’t legal on public streets so their disclaimer is just covering their bases. They also sell a CARB version for the environmentally conscious.

Mature Banana

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CTR
Country flag
Mostly just more fun on the street with just a tune. But if you are balls-out modded with a loud exhaust and gets caught by a LEO, just be prepared to accept the consequence as a grown adult.
Yeah. Agreed. To be clear, I’m curious what the consequences are of being non-street legal with a conservative tune. Hondata is pretty clear that any tune is only legal for the track.

TypeSiR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1.5T Civic, Fit, MX-5, CTR
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Yeah. Agreed. To be clear, I’m curious what the consequences are of being non-street legal with a conservative tune. Hondata is pretty clear that any tune is only legal for the track.
Mostly just more fun.

omar0123

First Name
Omar
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 type r
Country flag
Look at it this way many performance parts like suspension and other mods all label there product not street legal , guess the only real legal way is to use as it comes from factory . At least were im from you could drive super moded no problem except if its to loud other than that doesn't matter

jasonjm

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Type-R
Country flag
They’re carb version has the same base maps (forget which one) that is offered in the non carb version. Just can’t modify them. Correct me if I’m wrong.

CTR SHARK

First Name
karl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Type R
Country flag
Was able to register/lock flashpro to my car, haven't yet purchased the instant jailbreak (friday fersure though) Curious how easy it is to try apply the traction control to a stock CTR? tuner required/recommended ?